Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScottBeebiWan

DECORATE noob here, crashing GZDoom

Question

I looked at some tutorials and tried modifying a Chainsaw Zombie from Realm667 to make a Baldi Character.

I'm using SLADE and Doom Builder 2 for my mod, and added the files from the Chainsaw Zombie to my WAD.

I edited them, and kept the original sprites, but after I changed them and the actions inside DECORATE to fit.

Now as soon as I load any level with my custom thing in it, GZDoom crashes (right after starting to play the music).

I attached a (zipped because of filetype restrictions) WAD of my files, can someone please tell me what I (or the programs i've been using) have done wrong?

Thanks in advance, I'm unlikely to reply until ~3pm tommorow because of sleep and school.

Edit: Forgot to mention this, I experimented with the script when I changed the DECORATE file and originally Baldi was invisible. After messing around with the sprite files and the DECORATE file more, it crashed GZDoom.

baldi_crashing.zip

4 answers to this question

I'm no Decorate expert, but having an enemy where every frame lasts 0 tics will for sure crash GZDoom!  You need to give your states some durations.

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

I'm no Decorate expert, but having an enemy where every frame lasts 0 tics will for sure crash GZDoom!  You need to give your states some durations.

Thanks, earlier I thought that was the frame number, not the duration.

"POSS A 5"

POSS = 4 letter code for the sprite. (POSS I think is the former human in DooM/DooM2)

A = Which frame to play

5 = amount of ticks this frame plays

"POSS ABCD 5"

Will play frames ABCD for 5 ticks each.