Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InTheBlur

Wad Editor?

Hi.

So, I'm working on a new wad project, but I'm having trouble finding a functional wad editor. XWE doesn't work whatsoever, and neither does Slade or NWT. DeePsea kind of works, but it doesn't seem to let me modify textures, assets, etc. Is there something wrong that I'm doing? I have a Windows 7 32 bit PC, and any answers will help.

Thanks!

Slade will work perfectly for adding new graphics, sounds and music, but isn't ideal for mapping. For that, you'll probably want GZDoom Builder

I'll second SLumpEd, though I recommend you upgrade at some point to SLADE because I hate using it myself because it crashes every chance it gets, so working on anything is tedious and way more stressful than it should be.

For mapping, I suggest GZDoom Builder or Doom Builder X.

8 hours ago, Aesthetic Deluxe said:

doesn't work whatsoever, and neither does Slade

Please explain precisely the issue you're getting with SLADE, and you may in return get help to make it work.

Ideally for resource management you would want to use Slade, but it isn't that great for mapping as has been mentioned before. Eureka is OK if you are on linux or on windows but limited in such a way that you can't install a better editor, BUT I would recommend getting GZDoom Builder (or even more preferably GZDoom Builder Bugfixed) if possible, it is the best mapping program right now (and probably will be for the rest of time :D), Eureka is OK for vanilla or Boom mapping but is seriously limited when it comes to ZDoom stuff, neither UDMF or Decorate are supported, you can't view 3d floors in the 3d view, etc. Also there are some occasions where it decides to crash randomly when doing simple stuff for seemingly no reason like viewing your map in the 3d view...

8 hours ago, Gez said:

Please explain precisely the issue you're getting with SLADE, and you may in return get help to make it work.

8 hours ago, Gez said:

"This program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer."

37 minutes ago, Aesthetic Deluxe said:

"This program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer."

That means you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installed, I think Slade requires MSVC 2015. It would be best to go to Microsoft's site and download the installer there but if you can't use the exe installer for some reason (like maybe you are using a computer where you cant get admin) I have a copy of the dlls on my google drive just for that kind of situation. I wish the developer of Slade (or for that matter the developer of any Windows program that requires msvc++) would just bundle them with the program itself, then people would never get these stupid errors. Though I guess there are good reasons for not doing it, security being the main one.

6 hours ago, therektafire said:

That means you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installed, I think Slade requires MSVC 2015. It would be best to go to Microsoft's site and download the installer there but if you can't use the exe installer for some reason (like maybe you are using a computer where you cant get admin) I have a copy of the dlls on my google drive just for that kind of situation. I wish the developer of Slade (or for that matter the developer of any Windows program that requires msvc++) would just bundle them with the program itself, then people would never get these stupid errors. Though I guess there are good reasons for not doing it, security being the main one.

Thanks.