Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacodemon345

Doom, but everything is fucked up.

Just what the title says.

What it does: Messes up with EventHandlers and actor velocities in ZScript (so it will require GZDoom 3.1.0 and higher). The result: Everything is dancing around or in other words, moving erractically through the air.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FJP8wIq8nrSfP4fN0dsWHBBAW0UfzT0M/view?usp=sharing

M8mkUu2.gif

Edited by Cacodemon345

6 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:

I can't show it in screenshots

can people please not do this

1 minute ago, Cacodemon345 said:

It is much more meaningful to see it in actions.

no, it's not

Screenshot done...

I can't describe it actually in the screenshots alone. If it had sprites/levels/new content, I would post screenshots.

If it contains any change from the base game then that's what you screenshot, even mods that do nothing but add scripting elements to the base game have stuff to take screenshots of, namely their scripts in-action. In this case it looks like your mod shifts sprites up? Idk if it does lots of stuff, maybe take 2-3 pics showing what the point of the mod is. Best thing to note: you can even mock up a quick area for screenie gathering and since the mod isn't about particular maps, but behavior or rendering changes, it doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it showcases what the mod does interestingly.

What it does: Messes up with EventHandlers and actor velocities in ZScript (so it will require GZDoom 3.1.0 and higher). The result: Everything is dancing around or in other words, moving erractically through the air.

Edit: Ninja'd by Linguica.

Edit: @Fonze

In this case it looks like your mod shifts sprites up?

It makes the sprites move erratically.

Edited by Cacodemon345

Update to this mod:

1. Everything will seem to roll...

2. Dancing around intensifies...

The file itself should be 880 bytes.

33 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:

Update to this mod:

1. Everything will seem to roll...

2. Dancing around intensifies...

The file itself should be 880 bytes.

Didn't somebody (or several somebodies) already make a mod that does this same thing? I remember seeing at least one thread (maybe more) with similar effects.

26 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Didn't somebody (or several somebodies) already make a mod that does this same thing? I remember seeing at least one thread (maybe more) with similar effects.

Yes, but this time it isn't ACS. It is ZScript, so it isn't going to break your saves. It will also make everything move erratically, something that no mod did before. I would have everything else other than the Player rotated, but I later discovered that you can't exclude the player from this effect. How about you try it with DooD, Wobbly Shader, RooL, WooD.

For some reason, it doesn't work properly with Doom, but it is completely fucking unplayable...

I got a video uploaded on this mod: 

Edited by Cacodemon345

Man, with this shiat activated, I wouldn't ever make it out of the first room in Entryway. Not without puking all over my screen, keyboard, tower...

Now all that's missing for the perfect experience is to check this out in VR. If any of you manages to play through the whole Doom 2 campaign like that, I guess a new category of insanity needs to be invented.

Okay everything is "fucked up". What's really the point of this? It makes the game unplayable - that sounds enjoyable, right??

20 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Okay everything is "fucked up". What's really the point of this? It makes the game unplayable - that sounds enjoyable, right??

That's the point here. It's fucked up, so it is unplayable.

From the video this just seems to be a case of a mod trying to do too much? Like the premise of everything, player included, bouncing around everywhere does seem like it could be fun and is pretty funny, and the Doomguy head-weapon-thingy is kinda funny at first, (could make for a good way to end the mod?) but once it gets to the ear-and-eye-rape-y stuff it just begins to look more and more like a terrywad-lite. Maybe this type of stuff is what all the kids like these days, but I think this mod could have done with more focus and less of what is essentially shock value content.

The ouch face is bit of a shock content, but blame on the maker of abort_m for that. I didn't really change it. I just loaded it with my wad.

3 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:

That's the point here. It's fucked up, so it is unplayable.

Then, and not to belabor this point, if it's unplayable ... then what's the point? Where's the fun in playing a game that is so messed up as to render it virtually unplayable?

You don't realise the fact here. This mod is similar to the other mod Terminusest13 posted about a month ago. I agree with what Dragonfly said.

5 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

Yes, but this time it isn't ACS. It is ZScript, so it isn't going to break your saves. It will also make everything move erratically, something that no mod did before. I would have everything else other than the Player rotated, but I later discovered that you can't exclude the player from this effect. How about you try it with DooD, Wobbly Shader, RooL, WooD.

For some reason, it doesn't work properly with Doom, but it is completely fucking unplayable...

I got a video uploaded on this mod: 

Dude!!! WTF! 

What is the hand and the face thing? 

Isn't this kind of similar to what Term and ijon tichy did? Their mod also makes Doom unplayable.

6 minutes ago, princetontiger said:

what is the doomguy floating head in hands from cacoddmon345’s video?

Looks like the video's using both abort_m mod (made by Marisa Kirisame) and Doom but is Fucking Unplayable by TerminusEst13 (similar)......which is not surprising to see them mixed into this...

2 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Doom but is Fucking Unplayable by TerminusEst13 (similar)

Replace that with the name of my mod.

OK, I inverted the roll rotation. It should work properly with "Doom, but it is completely fucking unplayable" by TerminusEst13 now.

Edit: I messed up with the FOV...

Edited by Cacodemon345