Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serafettin6 B

Serious Sam 3 vs Doom 4

Doom 4. SS3 runs like total ass, and the arena gameplay gets old after a bit. 

I enjoyed SS3 a hell of a lot more than Doom 2016. Not saying it was a bad game but only that I got a lot more enjoyment out of a new Sam game that was done right.

Considering I beat Doom 2016 several times and I still have only got to around halfway through Sam 3, Doom automatically wins.

Sam 3's levels are just drab and boring, the few really cool areas like the huge Tremors like worm that gets you if you venture out into the desert are too few and far between. The series absolutely shouldn't go the Serious Sam 2 kiddie way, but a perfect medium between 2 and 3 would be just right.

Sam 3 does have co-op, however.

DOOM for me. I even enjoyed messing around in SnapMap, and also got some fun out of the multiplayer. But the main attraction, the campaign, best FPS in years for me.

I do hope Serious Sam 4 is great though, I see screens of that have been released recently.

Easily New Doom, im having a blast since it has a much more enjoyable campaign, the levels are better designed and the shooting itself feels a lot more satisfying.

I'd say SS3 wasnt even the best Serious Sam, the first half is a complete drag with new features that dont really add anything then it just rehashes the first game all over again (It being set entirely in Egypt AGAIN really didnt help).

At least it has co-op so it has that over Doom 4 at least.

Serious Sam 3, no question for me. I've beaten SS3 several times and never quite managed to pull myself through completing Doom 2016 even once.

Doom 2016 just feels like a pale imitation of Serious Sam to me. I'd rather play the real thing. (That being said, I've progressed further into Doom 2016 than I ever managed in that heap of trash known as Serious Sam 2 :P)

Serious Sam 3 is not my kind of game but I actually enjoyed it a lot, as for Doom 4 well it was a total disappointment for me. SS3 still pisses me off at times though, I felt normal was hard but easy was too easy. I actually love the ambient music when there's no enemies to fight, I liked this one in particular: