Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LastBornWolf

My house is a horror wad

hello. i have been mapping and modding for a year and a half, trying to experiment and get better with scripts. this is my first upload of a mod. i did not try very hard with details and design, i simply tried to replicate my house layout in doom. i made it a horror wad. the horror element is based of the indie horror game "Mirror Layers." in my wad there is 3 mirrors you go through that take you to hellish versions of the house. there are jumpscares, and monsters that chase you. you have a flashlight, and can not kill enemies. resources from realm667 are being used, like skull orbs and monsters. this mod has mildly complex puzzles with lots of back tracking/ back and forth from mirror to mirror. i have other horror wad projects i am working on, and will post them when i finish them or will upload as demos soon, like my Dungeon Nightmares wad also based on an indie horror game. here are some screen shots of My House.wad

Spoiler

aioo1wn.jpg

sV1ThZ8.jpg

kj0wOpe.jpg

kbUs6Rn.jpg

Gid2oKW.jpg

AGYlPgC.jpg

PuCdNrh.jpg

wA83uNM.jpg

DOoePxQ.jpg

bae8816.jpg

EbOPvvA.jpg

PKZ5GJY.jpg

fvHsR98.jpg

wljc31q.jpg

if you discover any issues with my mod, please let me know and i will fix and or change things in the map. also the music is made by me, in fl studio. sound effect for door is from rpg horror game Ib. 

heres a download link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8yhd9q371vda8z/My_house.wad/file

Fixed and embedded image links for those curious.

Spoiler

aioo1wn.jpg

sV1ThZ8.png

kj0wOpe.png

hDUOzHa.jpg

kbUs6Rn.jpg

Gid2oKW.png

AGYlPgC.jpg

PuCdNrh.png

wA83uNM.jpg

DOoePxQ.png

bae8816.png

EbOPvvA.jpg

PKZ5GJY.jpg

fvHsR98.png

wljc31q.jpg

Also fixed download hyperlink for ease of access.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8yhd9q371vda8z/My+house.wad

Also, on imgur, you can attach as many photos as you want, to the best of my knowledge, to a single post. You can select them all in the first "make a post" window or attach them later on the post in question at the bottom where it says "add an image."

Interesting twist on the "my house" phenomenon. What port were you targeting? What did you test your map with?

The flashlight in the screenshots caused me to flashback to Doom 3.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

The flashlight in the screenshots caused me to flashback to Doom 3.

That flashlight, unless I'm incredibly mistaken, comes from Realm667. There's a centered variant that I think looks much neater than that one.

Also, there are a few beam flashlight mods out there like on this ZDoom Forum thread that might work a little better for this.

Agreed on the "my house" twist. It's nice to see something done differently in a familiar setting.