Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Will there be a new Doom game announced at BE3?

Will there be a new Doom game announced?  

52 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will there be a new Doom game announced?

• Yes, I believe in Bethesda
    • No, we can't have nice things

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/18 at 01:30 AM

Will boys, we got Arch-viles and Pain Elementals.

854570514_Screenshot(710).png.9e29b25739700221237f5a4820636851.png

Edited by Eligos

If Doom 4 didn't exist, I would be insanely fucking hyped for this.

Unfortunately however, based on just how far gone Earth seems to be depicted, it looks like it's just gonna be basically the same environment (and likely gameplay) as in Doom 4.

So it's just a $60 level pack plus the monsters they left out in the original. Yay.

At least they didn't literally call it "Doom II: Hell On Earth."

also i forgot to actually vote :c

45 minutes ago, bonnie said:

If Doom 4 didn't exist, I would be insanely fucking hyped for this.

Unfortunately however, based on just how far gone Earth seems to be depicted, it looks like it's just gonna be basically the same environment (and likely gameplay) as in Doom 4.

So it's just a $60 level pack plus the monsters they left out in the original. Yay.

At least they didn't literally call it "Doom II: Hell On Earth."

To be fair, they just announced it. I'm more than sure they'll throw more unique enemies into the cake batter.

1 hour ago, Quantum Dranger said:

Yeah and new giant worms

I wonder if the worms will be actual enemies or if they're just decoration / for the trailer. They don't look like they'd make good enemies.

1 hour ago, whirledtsar said:

I wonder if the worms will be actual enemies or if they're just decoration / for the trailer. They don't look like they'd make good enemies.

They might replace gore nests as some king of destrucible that must be destroyed to progress or trigger an event.

4 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

So full Doom 2 cast then?

As far as I can see, still no sign of a chaingunner. But they also said there were twice as many demons in this one compared to '16, too. Wonder what else they have planned as far as enemy types go? :)

I'm loving the fact that pretty much all classic enemies are accounted for already. Not counting Chaingunners of course, since they're just a type of zombie, also the chaingun is a somewhat different weapon in the new Doom than it was back then :P

I'm reminded of the cancelled "Call of Doom," except this looks promising. Some of those leaked screenshots from that version showed a city in ruins, which was promising, but much of it looked generic and uninspired. This is much more in direction of what hell on Earth ought to look like, although I'm hoping we'll see diversity in the environments, such as suburbs, parks, scrapyards, factories, etc. At the very least, this looks very open world, which is appropriate for classic non-linear Dooming.