Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

The big thread of what E3 announcements interest you!

Halo Infinite seems pretty interesting. From halowaypoint 343 have stated that they’re fully redesigning their art style to fully incorporate the classic design of halo with a few modern caveats. Other than that I just want to see gameplay lol, same with Doom Eternal 

@DooM_RO Damn nice! I didn't expect it. They got full of stuff since last Doom, so at last some get work on new Doom. Arachnotrons are pretty cool! Damn, again I'll be waiting for this, but now I got D16 to wipe my tears.

Edit: now I see new Archviile, and I didn't forgot about Pain Elemental. I'm burning hahaha!

Honestly?

I had virtually no expectations from E3 this year, I haven't been following what games are coming out recently, but it looks like I'm getting what I wasn't expecting to see just yet, that being Doom Eternal and Elder Scrolls VI. I'm really looking forward to these games, especially the next ES, I wonder what region we'll explore this time around.

11 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Honestly?

I had virtually no expectations from E3 this year, I haven't been following what games are coming out recently, but it looks like I'm getting what I wasn't expecting to see just yet, that being Doom Eternal and Elder Scrolls VI. I'm really looking forward to these games, especially the next ES, I wonder what region we'll explore this time around.

Elder Scrolls VI is only in pre-production (says in the trailer description), which means we won't see it for at least another two years. Skyrim will be 9 years old in 2020.

It looks like High Rock for me, which is a shame because I was secretly hoping we would get the entirety of Tamriel this time. I know that would be a huge undertaking but Skyrim-sized worlds are a dime a dozen these days. I want Bethesda to try something ambitious and be above the usual Skyrim clone. I mean they started the trend and they should be the ones who raise the bar regarding AAA open-world games. I want more than just Skyrim 2.

6 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Elder Scrolls VI is only in pre-production (says in the trailer description), which means we won't see it for at least another two years. Skyrim will be 9 years old in 2020.

It looks like High Rock for me, which is a shame because I was secretly hoping we would get the entirety of Tamriel this time. I know that would be a huge undertaking but Skyrim-sized worlds are a dime a dozen these days. I want Bethesda to try something ambitious and be above the usual Skyrim clone. I mean they started the trend and they should be the ones who raise the bar regarding AAA open-world games. I want more than just Skyrim 2.

Yeah, I'm aware it's in pre-production so that means it's not coming out just yet, but being officially announced is still great, at least we know it's not far away.

I don't know much about High Rock but should that be the case it's a surprise region, I've been thinking of Akavir or something for the next installment. I've no doubt they're going to raise the bar once again like they did back in 2011, or at least I hope they do, I could never get into Fallout and saw a ton of people being disappointed by that game which kinda worries me a little.

Doom Eternal and this...

King of zombie games. IMHO. Looks totally sexy!

my main promise to myself regarding modern games is that I'll only bother with games about killing people if they're by From Software

otherwise it's just puzzle games and adventures for me

talk about an oversaturated theme

I guess I'm somewhat interested by that one game that has "doom" in the title

23 minutes ago, yakfak said:

my main promise to myself regarding modern games is that I'll only bother with games about killing people if they're by From Software

otherwise it's just puzzle games and adventures for me

talk about an oversaturated theme

Fromsoft games will do that to you heh. Something about the tone, the presentation, the polish, the brutality of them, hard to put my finger on it. Plenty of other, similar games are fun, but they're not SoulsBorne (Darkiro? SekiroBorne?) It's almost like they were made by people who understand video games, and not a commitee babbling about market projections and such.

Doom is the only other series that I can still get so excited about. And Mortal Kombat, but that doesn't seem to be relevant here.

Honestly, after the new doom announcement, i wouldn't be mad if RE2 Remake skipped E3 again

Haven't been following this year's E3, tbh. Cautiously hoping for some Bord3rlands news, though. Randy pls don't fug it up

Also, that Pain Elemental in the Doom Eternal trailer makes me deeply concerned.

Just hoping when Nintendo comes around that we get an announcement for Fire Emblem on the Switch. 

My dream for Fire Emblem for several years has been a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War. After seeing Gaiden remade into Echoes: Shadows of Valentina, I think it could be done right. 

Cyberpunk 2077 looks like it might be pretty cool. I like the idea of a cyberpunk GTA clone. It's just a teaser trailer, so I don't have much to go on, but the concept and visual design are cool.

Yakuza 0 and the Yakuza 1 remake have both been confirmed for PC. Unexpected good news. I always thought the series looked fun as heck.  

Edited by Ajora

Wonder what kind of magic Nintendo will pull out of their hat today, besides SSB Switch?

Aside from Doom Eternal, this is the only other game I absolutely need to play at launch:

I'm looking forward to seeing this game drop a second nuke on EA's "singleplayer games are dying" bullshit.

RE2's the only thing that really got people talking about Sony, it seems. Before it's big reveal everyone just kinda snored.

Every single previous Super Smash character is going to be in the new Super Smash. 65+ characters. That shit is cray

My friends will still just all pick OG Link, though

Just watched the trailers for the RE2 remake and Doom Eternal. So cool. Like many people I've been looking forward to a RE2 remake ever since the RE1 remake came out. At some point I really want to actually attend an E3.

Cyberpunk 2077 (I really love scifi/cyberpunk settings in books/movies/games, e.t.c.), Doom Eternal (no explanation needed) and TES 6 (I am curious as to what the story will be this time). 

So, yeah, really glad to finally be able to play Metal Wolf Chaos legally. Hoping for a physical release, cos I'll smash that order button faster than a Florida recount >:D

Absolutely over the moon that Cuphead is getting a mission pack. Also hoping for a physical copy (a real one this time).

Reserving judgement on Death Stranding, although it does look really cool. Despite the baby mooning me.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks really interesting. I love anything with a VHS-era futuristic setting.

Sea of Solitude looks like a decent wee game, but I'm averse to installing Origin, so I might have to pass if it isn't on console.

Absolutely NO interest in EA's DestinyFrame. It looks like it was conceived and designed by EA's crack team of shareholders. Utterly generic.

As a Switch owner, I'm a little concerned that Nintendo is banking on ONE game this year, even if it is Smash Ultimate. No Star Fox (that plastic RFID Ubi-shit doesn't count), no mention of Metroid, no Yoshi and no third-party stuff we didn't already know about.

And, is it just me, or are all of Sony's exclusive games over-the-shoulder stealth action titles (Spidey notwithstanding)?

uh...

tales of vesperia and doom v.

I have to go through announcements again to be sure on that, but if you ask me right now that's what comes to mind first.