Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FyreOnix

Doom: Eternal Announced at E3

54 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Would be a really stupid move to show monsters they've already redesigned then throw them in the trash bin.

Wasn't there a sketch of a Spider Demon or Arachnotron for Doom3, that ultimately didn't make it?

12 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

I can't get rid of the feeling that this is going to be hell on earth remake.

If you think back to the way Doom 2016 ended, Hayden took the Crucible and stated that he planned to continue his work because it was necessary. Hayden then sent the Doomslayer away to somewhere else. My guess would be that it took the Doomslayer a while to get back from wherever he was at. In that time, the forces of Hell have managed to use the Crucible (and probably Hayden's or someone else's hubris) to make their way to Earth en masse and overrun it, reducing it to a charred, fiery wasteland.

So, yeah, Hell on Earth.

And is it just me, or do the Arch-viles looked more bulked up in the teaser than the emaciated-looking classic Vile of Doom 2?

Yeah that make absolute sense, i dont know but maybe he will be sent to deimos or phobos and here he find some sort of teleport back to earth or something. I think the pre-earth part of the game can be great way how to hyped player for earth.

About the arch-vile i noticed that he is bit more bulked up as well. Maybe is only the angle that makes that feeling.

2 hours ago, Vermil said:

Wasn't there a sketch of a Spider Demon or Arachnotron for Doom3, that ultimately didn't make it?

That's just concept art, big difference between it and a fully modeled and possibly programmed\designed monster, especially ones the fans have been asking for a long time (maybe not pe, especially arachnotron and an actual arch-vile)

12 hours ago, Quantum Dranger said:

Will Doom Eternal have mod support or just a level builder mode like snapmap? If it does, we very well might see all the brutal/beautiful/complex/uncut mods appear for it in some form.

Some mods do exist for DOOM '16, albeit they appear to be very few, and I'm not even sure as to how you'd go about getting them to work, much less whether you can run multiple mods simultaneously or not. Either way, it's really an achievement in and of itself to mod DOOM '16. But then again, devoted "hackers" always find ways to mod even games that are supposedly unmoddable.

As for DOOM Eternal having full mod support, I'll honestly be surprised if it happens.

I hope that snap map is updated or at least gets an update so we can make things from scratch!

To the devs out there, let us have flat walls and ceilings that we can place custom textures on etc.

Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Is it just me, or did I see an Arch-Vile in the teaser??

Nope, he really is making a comeback. My boy returns.

12 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Holy Smokes!!! So hyped!

I hope he's not the darn Summoner kinda Vile from Doom 3 though...

I think we'll have both - if there's really twice as many varieties of demons they can't really afford to cut anything from the last game, so it makes sense that summoners and classic viles will be present. What I'm most curious is to how the AV will behave, I'm not sure strictly adhering to its original behaviour will work here, maybe they'll keep the flame trail surge of D3's vile, who knows...

Edited by Eris Falling

Archie should definitely have its classic flame attack, otherwise no fun... And since the demons are not lying dead as in older Doom games for the AV to resurrect, it might just spawn them every now and then.

2 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Archie should definitely have its classic flame attack, otherwise no fun... And since the demons are not lying dead as in older Doom games for the AV to resurrect, it might just spawn them every now and then.

That we don't know yet, perhaps corpses no longer disappear as soon as they did in D2016.

He'll probably have his flame attack, but altered in a way or another. I'm honestly not seeing that deadly hitscan attack working well in a modern Doom.

For the Archvile to resurrect, I think it would know the exact spot a demon's corpse disappeared at and make the corpse reappear and resurrect it. That would be incredibly dickish though.

51 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

For the Archvile to resurrect, I think it would know the exact spot a demon's corpse disappeared at and make the corpse reappear and resurrect it. That would be incredibly dickish though.

The archvile is rather dickish in that way anyway, visible corpse or not.

30 minutes ago, victorboris1 said:

This announcement completely caught me with my pants down. I didn't expect another Doom game for at least another year.

My guess it won't be out till December or maybe next spring.

Or maybe we'll be lucky and it will be out in October?, seems how the gameplay vids will start popping up in August.   

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

The archvile is rather dickish in that way anyway, visible corpse or not.

Well, it would be more dickish than Doom 2 because you wouldn't be able to see the corpses until it's too late.

4 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Well, it would be more dickish than Doom 2 because you wouldn't be able to see the corpses until it's too late.

To be fair, Doom 3's arch-vile already summoned enemies without corpses. Or it could work as a healer and bolster monsters that are currently on the field as well while the summoner summons monsters.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:17 AM, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

Or it could work as a healer

Working army need some nurses as well :D

archvile_by_metalpiss.jpg.e183bab082c40dab582dcde55a6775a6.jpg

Arch-viles aren't healers, they should be assholes that like seeing demons die over and over. Or cauterize the fuck out of a demon it goes batshit insane!

@Pegg

I think that's also how John Romero or Sandy Petersen originally described the arch-vile: a bastard who only resurrects demons for the sick thrill of watching them die again and again.

Too bad he also has the complex of wanting to set DoomGuy on fire, otherwise they might be friends.

Also noticed what appear to be Arachnotrons, a Pain Elemental and.... Barons with Plasma Swords?