Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FyreOnix

Doom: Eternal Announced at E3

Maybe arch-vile is being paid to kill doomguy so he have no big chance to be friend with him :D.

They said that eternal going to have twice more monster then previous doom, so maybe he is just other version of baron. I just hope words "twice more monsters" doesn't mean same monster but with different weapons.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:30 PM, Rosh Fragger said:

Archie should definitely have its classic flame attack, otherwise no fun... And since the demons are not lying dead as in older Doom games for the AV to resurrect, it might just spawn them every now and then.

i hope the dead monsters stay at least like 10 seconds so the arch vile will have time to resurrect them and so you will need to kill then sooner. 

19 hours ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Too bad he also has the complex of wanting to set DoomGuy on fire, otherwise they might be friends.

Also noticed what appear to be Arachnotrons, a Pain Elemental and.... Barons with Plasma Swords?

it might be a new kind of baron. i hope.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:37 AM, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

@Pegg

I think that's also how John Romero or Sandy Petersen originally described the arch-vile: a bastard who only resurrects demons for the sick thrill of watching them die again and again.

That's funny, because his death sound is a distorted "why" and IIRC Bobby Prince said had a sympathetic interpretation of the archvile as a healer who didn't understand why he was being killed.

@whirledtsar Yup, here's the quote from the doomwiki.org page:

Bobby Prince said: "The Archvile is an evil healer. Anyone getting in his way is blasted with fire and disintegrated. This includes other demons. But, after he has wrought his destruction, he then goes around and reanimates all of the demons. Because of this interesting dual personality, I decided to give him a very evil laugh as an active sound. For his death sound, I recorded a young girl saying 'why,' pitch shifted it down and mixed it with other sounds. The Archvile just doesn't understand why anyone would want to kill him as he sees himself as only doing good for his fellow demon."

On 6/11/2018 at 10:54 PM, Mr.Rocket said:

My guess it won't be out till December or maybe next spring.

Or maybe we'll be lucky and it will be out in October?, seems how the gameplay vids will start popping up in August.   

Considering Rage 2 is out next year i honestly dont see this coming out until at least 2020.

I just hope I can manual saving in Doom: Eternal...(Just like Wolfenstein 2:TNC)

Never completes the campaign of DooM 2016, not even once, gave up in mid-way when I tired with no freedom about saving my progress for some reasons, shame on me but I cannot fix my problem so I had to gave up.

Doom 2016 was so solid... realistically if Eternal simply delivered more of that it would be good enough for me. I was kind of hoping that the sequel wouldn't take place on Earth, but it did look very cool in the trailer.