Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Eternal is a game, that exists

I already had to add a disambiguator to the top of Eternal Doom's article on the wiki because I saw in Google Analytics that almost all our organic hits were going to that page.

Here's some information from Bethesda's website. It doesn't tell us all that much but it leaves a lot to the imagination:

As the DOOM Slayer, you’ll return to take your vengeance against the forces of Hell. Set to an all-new pulse-pounding soundtrack composed by Mick Gordon, you’ll fight across dimensions as you slay new and classic demons with powerful new weapons and abilities.

7 minutes ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

Very excited. Good to see you again :)

Thanks! :D

There couldn’t be a better time to return to Doomworld other than Doom 4: 2

I’m pumped. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for anything more

Edit: After I posted this I saw Eliaos’ post. Hopefully this means the game will be pretty long

Now sorry if I'm being ridiculous at this point, but any ideas what this might be? I'm thinking it's one of the white armored soldier dudes from '16 but not sure..

whois.jpg

I really loved that opening shot. It looked to me like it was some place the Doomslayer went and fucked up, leaving destruction in his path. 

3 hours ago, Seeker_of_Truth said:

I enjoyed Doom 2016 a lot, so I'm really looking forward to this myself. 

This sums up my thoughts on DOOM Eternal.

3 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Looks like a long-dead earth soldier to me.

Ah, right. The hype has a grip on me right now I must say. I do believe I'm more excited for this that I was for the initial Doom reboot. Something about this just screams 'we get it' to me more than Doom '16 did at release. Granted, they added the right enemies that were 'missing' from the reboot (which were Doom2 enemies anyway), something about the tone is doing it for me. Again, this is only my excitement speaking, but I was very excited with the last game and it wasn't exactly a bad game either. Quite a bit I would have liked to have seen that didn't happen, but that's my own taste that was unsatisfied I guess. But, again, not bad. Can't wait for this. I'm glad they're doing a full-on series reboot but making it a new creation all at the same time. It feels like a mesh of original Doom and 64, which may just be the natural evolution anyway, along with a strong Doom 3 overtone. Very optimistic :D

8 minutes ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

Now sorry if I'm being ridiculous at this point, but any ideas what this might be? I'm thinking it's one of the white armored soldier dudes from '16 but not sure..

After watching the trailer over and over again, I noticed a lot of corpses with that kind of armor laying around. My guess is that they are the remains of Earth's armies after Hell came knocking again.

Man, this whole teaser presses all the right buttons for me. The dead marines in the beginning, the entire atmosphere and aesthetic of Earth being "Hellified", showing off the three enemies from the classic roster that were absent in the last game (Hell, Pain Elemental and Arachnotron haven't show up proper since Doom 64!), Doomguy sporting a very classic looking suit and Bayoneted Super Shotgun. The worst part is having to wait for Quakecon for more!

3 minutes ago, Stale Meat said:

After watching the trailer over and over again, I noticed a lot of corpses with that kind of armor laying around. My guess is that they are the remains of Earth's armies after Hell came knocking again.

Man, this whole teaser presses all the right buttons for me. The dead marines in the beginning, the entire atmosphere and aesthetic of Earth being "Hellified", showing off the three enemies from the classic roster that were absent in the last game (Hell, Pain Elemental and Arachnotron haven't show up proper since Doom 64!), Doomguy sporting a very classic looking suit and Bayoneted Super Shotgun. The worst part is having to wait for Quakecon for more!

Quakecon is like, wut... a month and a half away?

But you could say the wait feels... (drum roll).. eternal.

FUK YEAH!..been waiting for Hell On Earth like forever!

I would like to see Earth army and its citizen been slaughtered/eaten alive by Demons horde!

Seeing the returning enemies gave me such a warm fuzzy sensation. It's funny to think just how well id Software nailed their design first time around that 25 years later they don't even need to add much new.

1 minute ago, Bauul said:

Seeing the returning enemies gave me such a warm fuzzy sensation. It's funny to think just how well id Software nailed their design first time around that 25 years later they don't even need to add much new.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 hour ago, Buckshot said:

Another wait that feels eternal has been waiting for their announcement of registration for BYOC. It still says "April 2018".

1 hour ago, Buckshot said:

We'll be getting gameplay in exactly two months, 10th of August.

I am rather ambivalent on whether I should watch gameplay or not. Before Doom 2016 came out I consumed all media related to it over and over and it kinda spoiled the game for me.

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Wait, I don't get it - is this a proper sequel to Doom 2016?

I suppose so, yes.

2 hours ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

any ideas what this might be?

Oh Hi Ranger\Wrack, good to see ya.

This helmet sure have Quake-ish look. Btw it was hinted in QC that DOOM and Quake are might to be connected according to Ranger's Lore Scrolls in Quake Champions.

Edited by CWolf