Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egg Boy

Spooky Giant Worms

What do you think they are? Do you think they'll be enemies in the game, or just background funsies. Perhaps it'll be a boss fight.

They should be something that keeps regenerating that you gotta shoot back to get through places

Just now, gamul312 said:

They should be something that keeps regenerating that you gotta shoot back to get through places

haha, maybe they're key doors, and you have to feed them, red, yellow, or blue skulls to access new areas.

Just now, Egg Boy said:

haha, maybe they're key doors, and you have to feed them, red, yellow, or blue skulls to access new areas.

yeah I could see that. Or if they can wrap around you and squeeze you to death, it could be a cool death animation. Also you could shoot enemies that back their way up into them and then watch them get squeezed and go "pop!"

6 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Heh. Skull candy. Get it? Skullcandy?

Might be related to the worms possessing the Hell Guards. I recall there being cut codex entries (taken from the multiplayer alpha I think) that talked about worms that would infect humans n shit. Who knows, really.

Pretty sure we saw this in DOOM 3 reffered to as "The Growth", where it was sprouting tenatcles all throughout the base. Of Course, it was just environmental hellscaping that did not directly attack or affect the player, but was pretty much bursting through floors and ceilings.

HOWEVER, with that in mind, it's entirely possible we may see a Evil Dead "tree" scene or tentacle hentai. Well, probably not... but here's hoping.

Maybe id heard Doom (2016) wasn't scary enough and decided to take some inspiration from HDoom.

They leech soil nutrients making them extremely valuable. With specialized harvesting vehicles you can harvest and refine them and sell them for lots and lots of cash so you can build lots and lots of tanks and.... oh right, wrong game universe.

*ahem*

They probably leech the life out of the soil, leaving the ground barren and dead to add to the general destruction.

I could see them as being semi-interactive environmental effects.  Mostly just fun gooey decorations, but occasionally perhaps they'd be blocking a doorway and you'd have to activate a nearby laser to burn them away (or something like that).

I think they'll probably just be for level design, might block off areas or create wreckage for you to progress. Could potentially lead to a boss fight though. Might even be Icon of Sin or something.

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

I could see them as being semi-interactive environmental effects.  Mostly just fun gooey decorations, but occasionally perhaps they'd be blocking a doorway and you'd have to activate a nearby laser to burn them away (or something like that).

Agree.

I like the idea of big hell tentacles.

8 hours ago, Bauul said:

Well thats is basically the concept behind the Half-Life tentacles ( and later the Opposing Force Pitworm ), but that wouldn't work on Doom Eternal. If you want to make the Doomslayer even more powerful dont put static unkillable enemies that can harm the player.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:17 AM, Zemini said:

I am guessing the new maggots? 

Doom 3 Maggot: lower tier humanoid monster with normal size and melee attacks.

That thing in the video: gigantic stationary thing that wiggles around and looks as if it can kill you with a single hit if you get too close.

That would be so new that you don't recognise it at all.

I see those tentacles pretty similar to something. Couldn't it be the final boss of Quake 1, Shub-Niggurath?

(Sorry for the bump, but I just saw this thread)

In a interview it was confirmed to just be massive gore nests.  Whether we kill them in more traditional sense remains to be seen.