Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

I want Doomslayer in Mortal Kombat 11

Just now, DMPhobos said:

Surprisingly it wouldn't fell out of place at all

I mean, the Predator's in it. Doom Slayer wouldn't be out of place.

17 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

Because who cares about balance when you have a BFG.

Uh... that's a fatality and at the BFG level that would be a MK Deadly Alliance style fatality. I would expect the other fatalities to revolve around spider masterminds or cyberdemons. The Xenomorph and others had victory screens that were basically fatalities where you didn't have to do anything.

They do have fighting cyborgs.

I want an all movie monster fighting game. They're almost there with the MKX DLC. Leatherface, Xenomorph, Predator and Jason. Out of them, I'd say Leatherface's was the best. Xenomorph being spiced with Tarkatans was interesting (not a spoiler, its in the bio).

9 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

Surprisingly it wouldn't fell out of place at all

Exactly. Either him or the Revenant would be right at home.

3 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Exactly. Either him or the Revenant would be right at home.

If only Time Warner had bought the Doom movie rights instead of Universal.

Just now, geo said:

If only Time Warner had bought the Doom movie rights instead of Universal.

They have the rights to the movie, not the game.

I bet if the idea poped up at nether realm studios, and they contacted Id about it, they would allow it. Could be wrong. Write nether realms a letter or post on their forums, get the idea started.

I remember this same conversation happening around the release of the last game, before it descended into an argument over whether Doomguy's weapons appearing broke some kind of lore or established tone in the MK universe or something. I still say it's a decent idea, but I'd also like to have him in Smash.

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

They have the rights to the movie, not the game.

More specifically the movie rights based off the Doom 3 game.

1 hour ago, Jaxxoon R said:

I remember this same conversation happening around the release of the last game, before it descended into an argument over whether Doomguy's weapons appearing broke some kind of lore or established tone in the MK universe or something. I still say it's a decent idea, but I'd also like to have him in Smash.

Eh, plenty of characters in MK use ranged weapons, and in terms of lore/tone... MK doesn't really have one that would preclude Doomguy. I mean, this is the same universe that has ninjas, centaurs, military operatives, martial arts masters, cyborg ninjas, a person made of bees, an Aztec wannabe, and whatever the heck Kabal is. And that's without even getting to the guest characters. Demon-slaying space marine is par for the course.

1 hour ago, Jaxxoon R said:

but I'd also like to have him in Smash.

Um, hell yeah. I mean Bayonetta's in Smash, so I don't see why the Doom Slayer can't be.

A couple of weeks ago i had a debate with a friend about featuring the doom slayer on smash.

Honestly having the Doom slayer on smash is as likely as having Scorpion from MK on smash.... so i don't think that's going to happen soon

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

A couple of weeks ago i had a debate with a friend about featuring the doom slayer on smash.

Honestly having the Doom slayer on smash is as likely as having Scorpion from MK on smash.... so i don't think that's going to happen soon

Why? Bethesda is putting a lot of stuff on the switch, and it's not like there haven't been mature rated characters in Smash before, I mean, Snake was in Brawl. And I think the Doom Guy is enough of a gaming icon that he would fit in with the cast. Also, I think Doom Slayer would be cool in Mortal Kombat, and it would be nice to see the two games that basically invented esrb together in one game.

@Egg Boy Because Doom isn't a game were violence happens like Metal Gear, Doom is game were violence and gore is part of the game identity and is expected, i know Nintendo has included some mature characters but i think doom doesn't fit on a smash game, even if doom guy was toned down i think he would feel out of place there. That's why Mortal Kombat is perfect for Doomguy, he would fit nicely there

If doom slayer is in mortal kombat

he should use the glory kills of doom 2016 or fatalities of brutal doom 

A while ago, I made a thing for what would happen if Doomslayer was in MKX:

All variations are to have the Doomguy wield the rocket launcher, the super shotgun, and the chainsaw. For his appearance, his Doom (2016) version should be his default costume (Quake Arena, Doom 3, and Classic Doom could be alternative costumes).

One Man Army variation- Doomguy gets a plasma rifle, and the rocket launcher is replaced with the BFG. Represented by various battery cells on his belt, as well as his torso armor being blue instead of green. Meant as more of a ranged variant.

Painsaw variation- Doomguy can now do more combos with the chainsaw. Represented by wearing two shell bandoliers on his armor, as well as blood caking his gauntlets. Meant as a melee variant. 

Berserker variation- Doomguy is now in a permanent state of berserk-fueled rage, and his melee attacks can deal more damage and combos. Represented by various skulls and severed demon heads on his belt, as well as his armor painted methodically in blood, much like war paint. Meant as a high-risk, high-reward variant.

I even made all pre-fight dialogs with the Doomguy, taking into account that he may not have a voice:

Alien-

*Alien drops in*

*Doom loads up his rocket launcher/BFG*

*POV of Doom loading his SSG*

*Alien shrieks*

Bo Rai Cho-

Bo: You've caught me at a bad time, Doomslayer. 

Bo: Aren't you supposed to be slaying demons?

Cassie Cage-

Cassie: Move it or lose it.

Cassie: So we gonna fight or what?

Doom (mirror match)-

*POV of Doom #1 loading his SSG*

*Doom #2 loads up his rocket launcher/BFG*

D'Vorah-

D'Vorah: Leave now, human.

D'Vorah: This One is awed by your stupidity/persistence.

Ermac-

Ermac: We do not know you.

Ermac: Die, foolish Earthrealmer!

Erron Black-

Erron Black: So how much for the shiny gear?/I take it you left that band of white knights?

Erron Black: I wonder how much your corpse is worth./So how has Hell been treating you?

Ferra/Torr:

Ferra: Helmet-man!

Ferra: Helmet-man want play, Torr!

Goro-

Goro: Kombat me, fool!

Goro: I grow tired of you Earthrealmers!

Jacqui Briggs-

Jacqui: You've got to be kidding.

Jacqui: Gonna be that kind of day, huh?

Jason-

*Jason pulls machete out of dead girl he dragged in*

*Jason removes knife embedded in neck*

Jax-

Jax: You ready for it?

Jax: That don't scare me for a minute.

Johnny Cage-

Johnny: 'Sup, Master Chief?

Johnny: Armstrong called, he wants his helmet back.

Kano-

Kano: What's a bloke like you doing here?

Kano: A man of few words, aren't we?

Kenshi-

Kenshi: I sense chaos within you./Greetings.

Kenshi: Is that how you greet your opponent?

Kitana-

Kitana: What do you want?

Kitana: You dare threaten me?

Kotal Kahn-

Kotal: Are you not afraid?

Kotal: Have at you, little lamb!

Kung Jin-

Kung Jin: What do we have here?

Kung Jin: Sure you know how to use that thing?/Guess where that shotgun's going next?

Kung Lao-

Kung Lao: Another challenger!

Kung Lao: You have just sealed your fate.

Leatherface-

*Leatherface revs up his chainsaw*

*Doom loads up his rocket launcher*

*Leatherface snarls*

Liu Kang-

Liu Kang: You will not live to rue this day.

Liu Kang: You enter the dragon's lair!/Consider yourself forewarned!

Mileena-

Mileena: What's under that mask?

Mileena: You've brought toys for playtime?

Predator-

*POV of scan in thermal/night vision*

*Predator roars*

Quan Chi-

Quan Chi: Another of Earthrealm's heroes/saviors.

Quan Chi: Do you not value your life?/Your service will be invaluable.

Raiden-

Raiden: Hold, demon hunter!

Raiden: All you will find here is trouble!

Reptile-

Reptile: Speak, stranger!

Reptile: Only cowards use firearms!

Scorpion-

Scorpion: Out of my way!/Step aside.

Scorpion: Very well./You will burn in hell!

Shinnok-

Shinnok: The Doomslayer…

Shinnok: Your campaign of terror ends now!

Sonya Blade-

Sonya: Which unit you with, soldier?

Sonya: Get back to base, grunt!/You gonna strike a superior officer?

Sub-Zero-

Sub-Zero: Will you yield?/You approach me as a foe.

Sub-Zero: All you will find here is death./A serious error in judgment.

Takeda-

Takeda: That's kinda fucked up./Hi there!

Takeda: Blade whips beat buckshot any day!

Tanya-

Tanya: Stryker/Kabal, is that you?

Tanya: A pity your weapons will do nothing.

Tremor-

Tremor: Are you of Special Forces?

Tremor: Your weapons do not impress.

Tri-Borg-

Tri-Borg: You'd make an excellent candidate. 

Tri-Borg: An angry tool for an angry man…

For the Klassic ladder ending:

"Doom was an unconventional soldier. To ensure his own survival, he tore through legions of demons with nothing but sheer brutality. Given his unorthodox skill, he was beseeched by Special Forces to join their ranks and become an exterminator of demons. Ultimately, he accepted, and his first task was to eliminate a stronghold invaded by Netherrealm's forces. It didn't take long for him to stop the invasion, and it didn't take long to destroy the mastermind."

X-Ray Attack (Boot to Head)- Just like where the Doomguy twists a Possessed Soldier's leg before bashing its head in with its own foot, only the Doomguy finishes by picking up his victim by the broken leg and smashes him/her on the opposite side, demolishing the victim's back.

Victory: The Doomguy puts one foot on his victim, aims his SSG to the victim's head, and pulls the trigger.

Fatality 1 (Metalhead)- the Doomguy takes out his chainsaw and lops off the victim's forearm and head (like with one of those chainsaw takedowns for the Possessed Soldier) as the victim raises said forearm to shield himself/herself, and he finishes by ramming the saw's blade into the bloody stump where the head once was, slowly but ultimately bisecting the victim's corpse.

Fatality 2 (Meat Grinder)- the Doomguy takes out his turret mode chaingun and simply mows down his victim before running out of ammo. As this happens, the victim's body rapidly deteriorates under the hail of bullets as it eventually turns into a hot mess of gore soup, consisting of shattered bone, copious amounts of blood, and melting flesh. After running out of ammo, Doomguy then proceeds to club the pile of gibs a few times with the chaingun, before tossing it on the mutilated carcass.

Brutality 1 (Might Makes Light)- The Doomguy clubs his victim into the air with his rocket launcher/BFG and fires a missile at the mid-air opponent, causing them to explode into gibs.

Brutality 2 (Burning Out of Control)- In a impressive display of gunplay, Doomguy blows off his victim's legs with the SSG, loads his gun, blows a gaping hole into the chest, loads his gun again, and blows the victim's head off, all before the victim even hits the ground.

Brutality 3 (Big [REDACTED] Gun)- The Doomguy gets out the BFG, and lets loose one giant ball of death, and this ball causes various parts of the victim to explode while causing other parts of the victim to melt away. (One Man Army variant)

Brutality 4 (The Great Communicator)- The simply saw's his victim in two down the torso, and kicks the remains away as he finishes. (Painsaw variant)

Brutality 5 (Man and a Half)- After a merciless beatdown, the Doomguy picks up his victim and proceeds to rip him/her into two pieces with nothing but his bare hands. (Berserker variation)

I think it's totally doable.. We have Alien, Leather Face, etc.. Why not Doom Slayer?

He'd fit right in!

46 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I think it's totally doable.. We have Alien, Leather Face, etc.. Why not Doom Slayer?

He'd fit right in!

But what kind of attacks will Doom Slayer have? That's the big question.

I'd like to see the Doom Slayer in Killer Instinct (if only because of the Mick Gordon connection), but he really would fit better in Mortal Kombat. If Ed Boon stops teasing and actually drops Spawn into MK11, then the Doom Slayer should also turn up, IMO: ripping and tearing the Hellspawn is DS's specialty.

4 hours ago, Agent6 said:

But what kind of attacks will Doom Slayer have? That's the big question.

Well, aside from guns and skull splitting fingers in eyes.. (we'll base this on DooM 2016/18), and the BFG being a pretty potent weapon, we always hav berserk of course.

So the Doom Slayer will always have a special really, he has several options. ;)

@Hellish Godzilla, I see your point but at the same time, we can't really get crazy with X-Men style characters in MK, (it's sort of a different game (of rights)). :\

@Man of Doom

I'm not really familiar with how MK's pre-fight dialogues work, but it seems like a missed opportunity for Doomguy to just do the same motions each time considering how expressive he was in Doom 4's cinematics. Something like pausing and looking down at his own chainsaw in response to Leatherface would be a nice touch.

18 hours ago, Jaxxoon R said:

@Man of Doom

I'm not really familiar with how MK's pre-fight dialogues work, but it seems like a missed opportunity for Doomguy to just do the same motions each time considering how expressive he was in Doom 4's cinematics. Something like pausing and looking down at his own chainsaw in response to Leatherface would be a nice touch.

MK's pre-fight dialogues always use the same animations. (save for lipsync)

7 hours ago, DestroyerNori13 said:

It's a possibility. Guest characters are a big thing in the MK games now. What if a cyberdemon was in an mk game?

I'd say he'd be too big, but Ridley's in Smash now so what the hell do I know?