Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

Further E3 Teaser Breakdown

Don't forget the twin bayonets on the SSG.  Overall I'm completely psyched for the game...hopefully it looks anything like the teaser.

Funny to see this thread. I was literally just looking to see if this had been done yet. Very awesome teaser trailer and looks to have a lot to dig through. I appreciate your time in doing this :)

Nice breakdown of the current trailer.

Good observation with tons of helpful infos.

This time is Hell on Earth which I have always wanted to see something like cutscene group of civilians/soldiers slaughtered by the demons

What's surprising me about that marine is that their armor looks pretty bulky, not near the levels of starcraft or its marine inspiration warhammer 40k, but definitely much bulkier than anything we've seen in doom before.

Pretty good analysis, I've managed to miss some of these, and unsurprisingly, I missed exactly the obvious.

The Doom Slayer's armor is much more minimalistic this time around with obvious influences from the Doom 3 armor design, but the only part I noticed until now were the gloves and a general Doom classic vibe to it.

Posted (edited)

Nice thread. I wanted to have an indepth look but I get too excited to observe in detail.

But what makes you think that lifeless hand is frim a pain elemental?

Also I don't notice these bayonets on the SSG people are talking about.

Edit: I think I see them. Hard to see much detail though 

Edited by Chezza

4 hours ago, Chezza said:

Also I don't motice these bayonets on the SSG people are talking about.

I finally saw it last night myself. It's very brief but it's there

7 hours ago, Chezza said:

But what makes you think that lifeless hand is frim a pain elemental?

Because the lifeless hand bears a striking resemblance to the one from the current Pain Elemental.

TTOR5Bvm.png

The PE looks kinda cute.  I wonder if he is fluffy like the stuffed toy.  Too bad he would probably pop and kill you if you attempted to squeeze him.

Regarding the cars, the canned Doom 4 had near-future cars but they were really boxy-looking. Perhaps they will recycle that design

canned-DOOM-4-screenshot-8.jpg

To add onto this analysis, while rewatching this for the 20th time (lol) I noticed something interesting

i9Y6yDH.jpg

Look at doomguy's left glove, there's a rather large metal looking shape going over it (near the pain elemental). Could this be brass knuckles on his left hand like in OG dooms?

4 hours ago, IMX said:

Because the lifeless hand bears a striking resemblance to the one from the current Pain Elemental.

TTOR5Bvm.png

Hmm. I count 4 to 5 fingers on dead hand and 3 on PE.

Posted (edited)

Great trailer analisys)

Edited by id.dav : Wrong topic

51 minutes ago, Chezza said:

Hmm. I count 4 to 5 fingers on dead hand and 3 on PE.

You're counting whatever is in the floating building on the background as extra fingers. Feel free to re-watch the trailer in 1080p and you'll see three.

Here's an unedited frame.

dv3QJfF.png

@IMX You have a point. The photo makes it more clear. Although it almost lools like 4 fingers but I'm leaning more to 3.