Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
not_sure

Just saying "hi"

Hey everyone, figured I would introduce myself.

I'm a long time Unity dev looking to do a Doom clone and decided to get my hands on Doom Builder for developing concepts.

I won't bore everyone with my game on these forums, so don't worry.

I will be turning out some levels though and will try to tryout everything there is to do in them.

I may round it off to a full "episode" just to polish my map making skills.

Oh, and I could DEFINITELY use some critical feedback on what I make. Where''s a good place to find people willing to test out my levels?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Doomworld! If you're looking to get feedback on your maps, I'd suggest posting a thread in the WADs & Mods subforum with a download link, some info (is it complete, in beta, still in progress? what engines have you tested it with? how would you describe it? etc), and some screenshots so people know what they're getting.

10 hours ago, not_sure said:

I won't bore everyone with my game on these forums, so don't worry.

Feel free, there are plenty of poster that would be happy to give early feedback.

10 hours ago, not_sure said:

I may round it off to a full "episode" just to polish my map making skills.

sure, there are plenty people that will give in depth and help full input so as long as you're taking it somewhat seriously, (which sounds like you are).

Hey, thanks for the assist, @Nine Inch Heels.

Turns out I'm a better critic than mapper, so yeah, stop by the thread anytime. As mentioned, you'll get some decent feedback if you just post in the wads and mods, and you may get a video or two anyway, but for the foreseeable future, I'm always willing to give it a go (within certain parameters).

On my behalf, welcome to Doomworld. c:

Welcome to Doomworld.

You may also want to spark up conversation with @jmickle66666666 who created the NASTY engine in Unity, which loads in doom maps and assets from the WAD format. Perhaps you can share ideas / code, or even work together. Here's a link to NASTY: 

14 hours ago, xvertigox said:

I'd be down to play / record your maps too if you'd like. Been on a hiatus but I've got time now.

@not_sure

Here is the xvertigox's thread, so now you have ready links to both playthrough commentary threads:

21 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

Turns out I'm a better critic than mapper

4 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I can relate...

Hey, nothing wrong about that... the world needs all kinds! :-) (I'm less bad at critiquing than I am at mapping... does that count?)