Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

TEAM ROCKET: Blasting Off at the Speed of Mapping - RELEASED

Good luck guys, I'm sure you'll do great. What's the map goal here? It's worded as if it's 32 but surely that's impossible in 48 hours? 

Best of luck to all of you, mapping for at least 16 straight hours sounds insane, i'll be sure to hop on stream when it goes live

I'll definitely be there to watch you guys suffer!  

Can we agree in advance that for every $ we donate Dragonfly has to do a shot of tequila?  

Good luck with project ;) . I hope nobody will get asleep while mapping. 

3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Can we agree in advance that for every $ we donate Dragonfly has to do a shot of tequila?  

Trying to kill him, are we?

This project sounds awesome, boys.

4 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Something of this nature... could, perhaps, maybe, possibly be considered. I'm not that cheap though! :P

Great idea with great incentives!

Someone's inevitably gonna ask one of you to make a map in the shape of a dick though, rest assured.

Oh man, I don't think I could ever manage mapping for that long in one sitting. Good luck to the 3 of you poor souls.

^ Yeah those are my thoughts as well, but why not, I say! Thanks for the support and interest, everyone, this is going to be... very interesting, to say the least. 

@NaZa Our upper limit is 24 hours (we may not go all the way though), so whatever we have by the end of that is what we will release to you, after a bit of extra work on credits, critical bugfixing, etc. It would be cool if we can manage 30-32 maps in that time, but if not, well, we tried :P

@bioshockfan90 We have measures in place to prevent that from happening. By that, I mean we're just going to reject suggestions of that nature.

I hope the name "Team Rocket" isn't trademarked so you would not get in legal trouble with Nintendo/Game Freak..Can't be too careful in this day and age..

Edit: I cannot seem to find any sort of trademark related to Team Rocket by itself without going through dozens of trademark pages.

Coffee-breaking, Viscerus-scourging, dimensions-timing @MTrop has hopped aboard this rocket and will be joining us on the 23rd. A warm welcome to him! :D

Four days to go and I think we're all pretty hyped for this. Bookmark the thread and mark the date! The stream will be saved if you do happen to miss it. And don't be afraid to get your donations in right now to ensure we'll get to them. 

best of luck guys! as someone who often stays nocturnal and lives off of barely any sleep, my advice is to drink water, take short breaks to walk around your house, and forget about the concept of time. i'll be looking forward to what gets made. GLHF!

In my experience, getting through 22-24 hours awake is an absolute motherfucker. After that it's not so bad, probably something do with an internal clock saying "You should be asleep now. YOU SHOULD BE ASLEEP N-whatever."

Definitely going to tune in early as I can tomorrow, though the stream will already be quite far underway by that point, haha. Good luck guys!

1 hour ago, Eris Falling said:

In my experience, getting through 22-24 hours awake is an absolute motherfucker.

Heh, I stayed up once for about 72-84 hours before my body shut down. To this day I've no idea what happened, because that time frame is blank.

Only four more hours! It'll be 0030 where I am, but I'll be there, regardless.

25 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

"stream link"

I can't visit Twitch? Does anyone else have this problem?

It's a little after 1:30 AM here and I watched a bit through Dragonfly's post above (thank you @Dragonfly). This is somewhat maddening, trying to watch four people map at the same time in split screen, but interesting all the same. I'll have to go back and watch it some time when I have some more time.

I am intrigued to see what comes out of this. Good luck to all of you, @Jimmy @AD_79 @MTrop and Dragonfly, for as long as you can keep it up!