Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

TEAM ROCKET: Blasting Off at the Speed of Mapping - RELEASED

@Jimmy, I searched through each map and compiled a list of the flats this occurs on. Spoilered because it is a really long list.

Spoiler

RROCK03

FLAT19

RROCK20

ALLBLAKF

CRATOP1

CRATOP2

ADEL_F57

ADEL_F62

RROCK18

ADEL_J17

ADEL_F72

FLAT5_1

FLAT5_2

ADEL_F58

ADEL_F47

ADEL_F04

ADEL_F31

ADEL_F06

ADEL_F07

ADEL_F34

ADEL_F56

AQUAFLAT

ADEL_J16

ADEL_F75

ADEL_J12

BLOCK1

ADEL_J03

GRASS2

RROCK04

GRNROCK

FLAT3

GRASS4

RROCK19

FLAT5_8

BLKCHECK

ADEL_J10

ADEL_F64

RROCK12

ADEL_F03

ADEL_F80

ADEL_F81

ADEL_F82

ADEL_F83

ADEL_F61

BLOOD1 (BLOOD2 and BLOOD3, in addition?)

ADEL_F68

BLACKFLT

ALLWHITF

I don't know if this is of any help to you, though.

The animation error has been corrected and the file reuploaded. Please redownload this from the Doomworld database (at the same link, below).

@EffinghamHuffnagel SS Nazis are used in the death exits, replaced with DEHACKED to quickly call A_BrainDie (ending the level) when killed. trocket_exitfix.wad replaces the SS Nazi actor with a custom DECORATE actor. This is to ensure the death exits work as intended if the WAD is loaded with a mod like Beautiful Doom that replaces/edits the monsters.

It won't run with Zandronum, bear in mind.

Do all the levels have forced death exits? It seems to me when I took a look into the wad every map has one.

I would suspect that these maps were designed to be played individually rather than sequentially. Hopefully there will be a new release without the forced death exits.

They all have forced death exits and we have no plans on an alternate release, sorry!

This was done to mitigate the possibility of the maps being stupidly imbalanced in a continuous playthrough, since they were speed-mapped we didn't have the time to balance them for this kind of play, and honestly, I feel the megawad would suffer and become way too easy if we were to allow for normal continuous play.

Heh, that also explains why I'm crying in my portrait in the credits map; I made this nice puzzle to get what used to be a BFG where the chainsaw is in MAP05 only to find out later that it is useless due to the death exits rule :P

10 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

They all have forced death exits and we have no plans on an alternate release, sorry!

This was done to mitigate the possibility of the maps being stupidly imbalanced in a continuous playthrough, since they were speed-mapped we didn't have the time to balance them for this kind of play, and honestly, I feel the megawad would suffer and become way too easy if we were to allow for normal continuous play.

Understandable, but still, it would be nice to have an easy megawad sometimes from time to time. I hope there are at least some levels with invulnerabilities in it

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Just ZDoom. PrBoom+ doesn't understand what DECORATE is.

Okay, so in PrBoom+ I guess I'm forced to use the death exits?

Look, whenever you reach the exit and die, just repeat a catchphrase about blasting off again.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

Look, whenever you reach the exit and die, just repeat a catchphrase about blasting off again.

Of course! How can I forget, Team Rocket's Blasting off again! :)

Bump!

For those of you still following this thread, but unaware of the news - Team rocket II is happening, and it's in less than two days!!

Check out the thread for TR2 here: