Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainResident

Favorite "Creepy" Map?

10 hours ago, TFK said:

I knew that SgtMarkIV's mods had creepy visuals and sounds, but nothing like THIS.

Yeah, Sarge sure kicked the tone all the way up with that one. Sadly, though, it seems there's gonna be a change to it in the next version of the pack ("Extermination Day" is the official name for it) and it isn't as spooky with that one. At least, so far it isn't.

I hope he knows what he's doing with it.

8 hours ago, Ledillman said:

Nothing beats Doom64's MAP20: Breakdown

Yep, my second favorite, right behind you-know-what. Wasn't that the map with the puzzle so big and confusing that the devs at Midway lost track of it and it had to be scrapped?

49 minutes ago, CaptainResident said:

Yep, my second favorite, right behind you-know-what. Wasn't that the map with the puzzle so big and confusing that the devs at Midway lost track of it and it had to be scrapped?

I believe what you're referring to was  the trigger for an obscure secret, not necessarily a secret level. The puzzle for completing the level is still intact, I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Job said:

I believe what you're referring to was  the trigger for an obscure secret, not necessarily a secret level. The puzzle for completing the level is still intact, I believe. 

Ah, right! I was thinking of one of the ports that removes the easter egg. Yeah, the obscure secret was what I was referring to. The devs just couldn't remember how to do it.

The one that jumps out the most for me is Halls of the Damned. The music on the SNES version made it feel scarier though. The level always made you feel something terrible was around the corner and that one wrong step would lead to dire consequences. The map creeped me out as a kid that I only did the bare minimum to beat the level and nothing else.

Also, Final Outpost on Doom 64. Not so much the level is creepy, but the music does a good job of reminding you that you're out in space, by yourself, and that there is no living human around for hundreds of millions of miles. If I was ever out in space alone this would be the track in my head.