Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jointritual

What do the different like / reaction buttons mean?

I'll vager a guess the original system went from 🦄 to 🐖 and  instead of removing it for whatever reason ling added 4 similar orbs.

Also I am an oldhat who prefers writing a post saying thank you instead of just pressing a button. 

1 minute ago, Memfis said:

Political correctness. You can't just have a blue face representing all nations.

It wouldn’t surprise me.

14 minutes ago, jointritual said:

It wouldn’t surprise me.

Why would that not surprise you? What? What Memfis said was clearly a joke.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I like the above post enough to react to it, but not any more than the powerup I reacted with, thus demonstrating a possible use case for the four reactions available

It's ok to like posts and it's ok to quote person to say "thank you" and ect. I don't see any problems here. 

8 minutes ago, Ichor said:

You mean like, "like like", like?

Likeception?

i use those 4 orbs as ways of rating a post. soulsphere is the standard like, megasphere means like a lot, and invul means it kicks ass. not sure about the blursphere yet, i just use it for picture-heavy posts.

2 minutes ago, Pirx said:

i use those 4 orbs as ways of rating a post. soulsphere is the standard like, megasphere means like a lot, and invul means it kicks ass. not sure about the blursphere yet, i just use it for picture-heavy posts.

Well, this is how I interpret that when I saw it. I thought maybe in the future these 4 would have different meanings, but it's problematic to "fix" the given ones, but I guess as long as they remain positive, everything should be fine.

I just picked my favorite one to like posts with, so I like posts with the invulnerability. A couple times I've gone with a different one (blur sphere, mostly) as a joke of sorts, but I stick to my invul.

40 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Why would that not surprise you? What? What Memfis said was clearly a joke.

That it is being done out of political correctness obviously isn’t that how the world is these days. I was joking too btw...

2 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Well, this is how I interpret that when I saw it. I thought maybe in the future these 4 would have different meanings, but it's problematic to "fix" the given ones, but I guess as long as they remain positive, everything should be fine.

I think prix has got it, pretty obvious really 😔 lock thread

7 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

That said, I like likes, and if you like likes as well, you might as well like this post, because this post likes likes. :P

Mind blown. I feel like my mind is full of likes now ;P

7 minutes ago, jointritual said:

pretty obvious really

Sorry, I originally interpret that as Pirx said, but I don't use it like that. Also, I don't think this is very obvious because no one knows the "correct answer" except probably someone like Linguica came in and say it. Now everyone is just making assumption.

14 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

When a post gets a ribbon's worth of likes of a certain powerup, specific effects will happen.

Soulsphere: Nothing special, other than the current banner.

Megasphere: Automatically hidden from Memfis.

Invul Sphere: Grants the poster 15 months of immunity to the 'all alerts sound like revenants waking up' days. 

Partial Invisibility: Attempting to quote this post will randomly quote a post nearby. 

Hopefully linguica will adopt this... 👍

19 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

When a post gets a ribbon's worth of likes of a certain powerup, specific effects will happen.

Soulsphere: Nothing special, other than the current banner.

Megasphere: Automatically hidden from Memfis.

Invul Sphere: Grants the poster 15 months of immunity to the 'all alerts sound like revenants waking up' days. 

Partial Invisibility: Attempting to quote this post will randomly quote a post nearby. 

All 4: 15% chance to steal a random user's custom title.

51 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

I like liking posts, but it's frustrating to post something and just get likes and hardly any actual responses. That seems to happen a lot lately.

I guess it depends on what is getting the likes, but I can see when and why just getting a few reactions might feel underwhelming. I wonder if actual discussions have decreased in quantity in general since likes have become a thing or if that's maybe just a phase of sorts.

3 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

On top of all that, I can no longer like posts with my mobile phone, as touching the soulsphere just makes the other spheres appear without any way to select them.

Really? I can though....

On 6/15/2018 at 11:39 AM, Doomkid said:

This was worth an invisibility to me...

Actually, it was worth somewhere between an invisibility and a megasphere, but using banker's rounding rules, I chose to react with an invisibility.