Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dybbuk

What new enemies would you like to see other than classic leftovers

Recommended Posts

I'd love to see id's own take on the Motherdemon. Or at least something similar.

 

Also Sabaoth.

Share this post


Link to post

I'd like to see the Motherdemon come back as a boss. I'd also want to see the Vagary redesigned and repurposed into an enemy like the Vore from Quake, along with Trites, and a boss resembling the Maledict. Without the stupid Betreuger tongue, of course.

 

I'd also like to see Hellhounds, and a boss version as a cerberus. 

Share this post


Link to post

Now that other people mentioned her, yeah, I'd like to see the Motherdemon making a comeback too, I really liked her in D64.

 

There was also some sort of easter egg of her in D2016 if I'm not mistaken. So maybe, just maybe it will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

We have soldiers on Earth, they probably wouldn't have power armour or plasma weapons. I can believe a hell wave would turn them into possessed soldiers. While we're at it, make shotgun soldiers too.

PROPER shotgun soldiers. The Possessed Security just didn't cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, ATP2555 said:

PROPER shotgun soldiers. The Possessed Security just didn't cut it.

I for one think weak hitscan enemies with good combat AI would be quite interesting to fight with Doomguy's turbo speed and arsenal, especially in conjunction with faster/tougher enemies.

 

A rifleman with the cut Assault Rifle and tan gear, and a shotgunner with the Combat Shotgun and black gear would suffice. Each would have enough health to be killed in 1-2 shotty blasts and have minor abilities like throwing time-fuse frag grenades, and might even try to duck or find cover to a degree in the open.

 

Later on they could start toting weapon mods like underbarrel mini-rocket launchers and whatnot. The existing UAC possessed with plasma rifles and shields would still exist around company grounds as slower but tougher counterparts.

 

The chaingunner equivalent could be a possessed UAC Elite Guard overflowing with tumor ridden muscle, toting a chaingun, super shotgun, or rocket launcher. They would be slow but quite powerful.

 

And just as a random note, I think it'd be funny if possessed civilians could sometimes fire EMG pistols inaccurately in the fashion of classic Zombiemen.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Cacodemon variants, for e.g Cacolantern. Variants should not be all the same size. They should also vary in colors and projectiles perhaps? Or having their separate different attacks altogether. 

Edited by Rosh Fragger

Share this post


Link to post

All of the Doom 3 demons plus monsters similar to:

 

- Slayer (The Suffering)

slayer1.jpg

 

- Demoness (Agony)

about4.jpg

 

- Verge Zagan (Chaos Legion)

551?cb=20130702122741

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ATP2555 said:

PROPER shotgun soldiers. The Possessed Security just didn't cut it.

 

Shotgun security should also get a paint job.  They look exactly like the normal ones.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Rifle Infantry said:

I for one think weak hitscan enemies with good combat AI would be quite interesting to fight with Doomguy's turbo speed and arsenal, especially in conjunction with faster/tougher enemies.

 

A rifleman with the cut Assault Rifle and tan gear, and a shotgunner with the Combat Shotgun and black gear would suffice. Each would have enough health to be killed in 1-2 shotty blasts and have minor abilities like throwing time-fuse frag grenades, and might even try to duck or find cover to a degree in the open.

 

Later on they could start toting weapon mods like underbarrel mini-rocket launchers and whatnot. The existing UAC possessed with plasma rifles and shields would still exist around company grounds as slower but tougher counterparts.

 

The chaingunner equivalent could be a possessed UAC Elite Guard overflowing with tumor ridden muscle, toting a chaingun, super shotgun, or rocket launcher. They would be slow but quite powerful.

 

And just as a random note, I think it'd be funny if possessed civilians could sometimes fire EMG pistols inaccurately in the fashion of classic Zombiemen.

Agree. My document about possible possessed variants includes a possessed security guard that sometimes carries an EMG. I meant to send it to you.

 

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

 

Shotgun security should also get a paint job.  They look exactly like the normal ones.

That's what I hated about them, they just reused the same model. It's obvious they took the soldier, gave him slightly different coding, and made him a different NPC. Hell, the P-Sec's shotgun even "charges" up when he shoots.

Share this post


Link to post

- The Prowler and Harvester worked into NPC demons instead of being only player-controlled and multiplayer exclusive

 

- A "Cyber Hell Knight" that has the melee attacks and durability like its "normal" variant, but can also throw projectiles like the classic or DOOM 3 incarnations

 

- A 500 ft tall Icon of Sin

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/22/2018 at 11:29 PM, ATP2555 said:

Agree. My document about possible possessed variants includes a possessed security guard that sometimes carries an EMG. I meant to send it to you.

 

That's what I hated about them, they just reused the same model. It's obvious they took the soldier, gave him slightly different coding, and made him a different NPC. Hell, the P-Sec's shotgun even "charges" up when he shoots.

I don't seem to have gotten the doc, can you send it via PM? And you're right about how similar the security possessed looks. On that subject, he really should get a new name; "Possessed Riot Control", "Possessed Legionary", etc.- something to make it clear he's a shield using close-up enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Check out the Doom Art book for possible new demons types.

 

You got the Gremlin - which appears to be a 4 legged spider like enemy.  Probably comes in hordes.

 

The Hell Gaurd (Twins) demonic concept art is amazing.  Really wish they stuck with this version instead of some boring Hell Golem that is fueled by a parasite.

 

There is a pretty cool baron concept that screams Bruiser which is massive fanged face and arms arms with a hunched over posture. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×