Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dokta Whawee

Edit EndGameC?

EndGameC is the role-call at the very end of Doom 2. I was wondering if there is a way to edit the role-call music, so it's not just the normal "Evil Incarnate", or Map31 theme.

[secret]next = endgame
{
    [pic = "<lump>"] // displays a single image.
    [hscroll = "<left>", "<right>"] // scrolls horizontally from left to right.
    [vscroll = "<bottom>", "<top>"] // scrolls vertically from bottom to top.
    [cast] // Rolls the Doom 2 cast sequence (Same as EndGameC).
    [music = "<lump>", [loop]] // Music to play.  If none specified, uses the level's music.
       // [loop] can be 0 or 1 (default), and specifies whether the music should loop.
}

You can define a custom endgame cast screen like this. Using the cast keyword will cause it to function as if it was EndGameC and you can specify whatever music you want to play with the music keyword. Of course, you'll want to omit the brackets.

You can even define a custom cast sequence, if you want to do that, too.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Intermission_definition for the custom cast.

Actually, I do need a bit more help.

For a bit of background, I am modifying a custom Doom II Mapinfo so that it can be easier to impliment Custom music, so instead of having MAP08's theme titled "d_ddtblu", it would be simply "D_MAP08".

Here is a screenshot from the current Mapinfo: (Down below)

If I try to impliment the code that you have, the game won't even run, citing:

"Script error, "musdoom2.wad:MAPINFO" line 457:
[secret]next: Unknown top level keyword"

I know that it's caused by the fact that we have slightly conflicting mapinfo code parameters. For instance,

In your mapinfo, you can put in "[music = "<lump>", [loop]]"

But in my mapinfo, it won't allow me to put in the "=" sign, because mine is sligtly different.

If you could help, that would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I should mention that I have implimented the console exclusive levels, too, hence why the secret level in map 29 is "Map34".

doom2end.PNG

If you're targeting GZDoom, then you'll want to use ZMAPINFO, which requires the new syntax. This means you'll pretty much have to rewrite the entire file to work with it so it looks like this:

map MAP00 "Sinclair Manor"
{
 next = MAP0X
 sky1 = STORMSKY
 Lightning
}

If ZDoom comes across a term it didn't recognize (let's pretend sky1 is this term), it would ignore it because the = is what defines what that term means or does

So it might look at sky1 and not know what that is, so it's like, "let's ignore it, then."

The ZDoom Wiki uses the new syntax in its examples, but you don't want to write everything verbatim, because those angular brackets (< and >) and square brackets ([ and ]) can't be read.

So to write the example they give in a way it should appear:

map MAPXX "Second Wind"
{
 next = endgame
 { //This block will define your custom endgame sequence.
    pic = "ENDPIC" // displays a single image.
//    hscroll = "left", "right" // scrolls horizontally from left to right.
//    vscroll = "bottom", "top" // scrolls vertically from bottom to top. //Both of these are optional.
    cast // Rolls the Doom 2 cast sequence (Same as EndGameC).
    music = "D_SHAWN", 1 // Music to play.  If none specified, uses the level's music. This will play Shawn's Got the Shotgun, which is what plays on MAP07, MAP19, and MAP29
       // [loop] can be 0 or 1 (1 is the default), and specifies whether the music should loop.
 }
 sky1 = STORMSKY
}

If something isn't clear, let me know.

47 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

If you're targeting GZDoom, then you'll want to use ZMAPINFO, which requires the new syntax. This means you'll pretty much have to rewrite the entire file to work with it so it looks like this:

There's no need to rewrite all of it. On zdoom.org's download page you will still find that old converter Graf wrote when the new format was introduced.

Here's a direct link: https://zdoom.org/files/utils/mapinfoconv.zip