Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SteelPH

Doom legacy crash.

I can't play using doom legacy, it jsut crasshes with a damn segment violation!my pc's stats are: os[Windows XP Professional (5.1 - 2600)] cpu[1-AMD MP, 1460MHz, 256KB]

I won't exactly help you out, but I will abuse you thread a bit, since it's about legacy and that's the subject I was about to post about. But I'll tell you, you should inform exactly what version you are using. Also be aware that crashes like that have been reported before, and it might not be easy to find a cure.

On with my own thing now...

I was watching Romero's E1 demos and well, I noticed the skies... the ugly way it deals with "short" skies. I do remember this was one of the reasons why I switched from legacy to zdoom back when I was more into source engines. I was irked by the streched sky and I started wondering if there was "tall" DOOM skies like the tall ones for DOOM II found in doom3.wad. But I did not find any. So I made one. It's not the only resource I had to change to make the demos look decent, of course. Bah, options are fine, but weird changes without a choice?
If anyone is interested in this sky I can hand it over. Anyone? I don't understand why no one has made tall skies for DOOM. Not really my business, but hey.

You know, one demo desynched and I was like "uh, but I'm using the right version..." so I checked the different versions and noticed it was going out of synch in 1.32 for DOS, but worked OK on the Windows versions. A pity, since the DOS version has better sound (in the Windows versions sounds sometimes play from the wrong location, like they do in boom.)

1.32 beta5, just switched to 1.40 rc1, doesnt crash nearly as much, but hanging bodies are on the floor (wtf!?)

Usually legacy oriented levels thaqt apply features over each other like intruding 3d floors in water carries this error with it, from my exp anyway :P

Try the last release: 1.40! (Hanging bodies are fine, now!)
About Skies and other stuff like these ones: I have created a lot of them!!! (all for free at my site, in "JiveGraphics"). Do your market, burn what must be burned, but enjoy freely what you will keep! All is pure gift!