Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starkiller

Which fast-food establishment do you think has the best fries?

For me, there is so many to choose from. McDonald's fries are good, Burger King's are decent, Wendy's are great  shit , White Castle's is ok, Hardee's is alright, but the best for me has to be Jack In The Box's french & curly fries. They taste delicious and doesn't feel that salty. Curly fries are even better at Arby's, for me. 

What are some of yours? 

Edited by Starkiller : Changed my mind. Wendy's fries suck shit through a straw. Good burgers and chicken bites, though.

Not sure if it technically qualifies as fast-food, but Five Guys has some of the best burgers and fries I've ever had. No one else comes even close to them, and Hardee's is my favorite burger joint after them.

I don't know, but I think fries from independent local restaurants are often better then big fast-food, well in my case here.

I prefer McDonalds's overall menu over that of Burger King but as far as fries are concerned I think Burger King comes out on top.

We have a Hardee's in town, and I'm very satisfied with them, but I recently discovered we have a full-service Five Guys -- meaning they serve breakfast and milkshakes, too -- and I plan to go there soon.

@Aquila Chrysaetos If you're ever in Seattle, check out Zippy's Giant Burger. They started after I moved away, so I've never been there, but my Seattle peeps tell me it's insanely good and blows away In-and-Out Burger. As a bonus, the business was started and is run by Blaine Cook, who sang in the legendary punk and crossover thrash bands The Fartz, 10 Minute Warning and The Accused, and yes, they pump out punk rock over the speakers. Here's their website;

http://zippysgiantburgers.com/

I think Wendy's fries in Canada might be different from the ones found in America. They're pretty incredible.

wendy2.jpg

Edited by Ajora

My mum's kitchen ;)
(Never went to a fast food place because i enjoy eating slow food so i have no idea lol)

KFC has some pretty good fries. But i like the ones from the local fish n' chips place better.

Burger King, but my information is probably out of date. Its just been so long since I've had fries at a fast food place.

Burger King's fries used to be pretty good, but they've been mediocre for the past (maybe) six years. Arby's, Taco Bell and KFC's fries are all nothing special. McDonald's fries are just plain disgusting. 

People talk about In N Out fries like they are wonderful but I have always found them mediocre at best.

21 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Taco Bell and KFC's

3 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

Taco Bell

57 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

KFC

Taco Bell and KFC both have fries where you all are at?  They sure don't here.  KFC only does if it's combined with an A&W.

Del Taco does, and those aren't bad, but nothing to write home about, either.

I love the ones from KFC and McDonalds. Burger King has pretty good fries, but I mostly prefer having onion rings alongside my Bacon King instead.

KFC should bring back their chicken flavoured fries. The fries themselves may not be anything special, but the seasoning is delicious. 

KFC has wedge fries. they're pretty good, but short lived. There was this one place my mother liked to go to that wrapped wedge fries in chicken skin, seasoned them and deep fried them.

1 hour ago, MrGlide said:

KFC has wedge fries. they're pretty good, but short lived. There was this one place my mother liked to go to that wrapped wedge fries in chicken skin, seasoned them and deep fried them.

What kind of sorcery...

2 hours ago, Linguica said:

People talk about In N Out fries like they are wonderful but I have always found them mediocre at best.

I find In N Out overrated entirely.

Love how they pay and treat their employees and how cheap their food is, but I'd much rather go to Smash Burger.

Speaking of, Smash Burger's Smash fries are pretty great.

Sonic is pretty good too.

Five guys is so overated and absurdly expensive for what it is. I drives me kinda crazy that some people like that place so much. I'm not poking fun at glaice but saw it come up several times in the thread.

In Australia, it's easily Oporto's. Consistently delicious and sufficiently salted.

This is a tough one for me. Where I grew up, we had to travel 1 hour into town to find the nearest commercial fast food joint. The rural town I grew up in was dominated by local mom and pop style diners. Most of those diners are still standing today, with one of them having existed for several decades now despite their expensive menu. The only real commercial fast food place we had was a Hardee's way deep in town. Going for fast food like McDonalds and Burger King in my childhood was something rare and seen as an amazing thing (my family was very poor back in the 90's and the recession from 2008 has made my adult life a difficult one in terms of financial stability). 

In the early 2000's, Sonic came around and was there for a while. By 2008-2009, we finally saw a McDonalds in town. Sonic quickly went out of business in less than two years. Hardee's could've stuck around since they did get a lot of business in the morning hours when everyone was going to work, but they eventually shut their doors too. 

Going to have to say Wendy's though. Their fries are my favorite though I can count on my hand how often I've been to a Wendy's, since it's a long drive for me. I wish they'd build one close to where I live cause it's just nothing but McDonalds now with Hardee's and Sonic gone.