Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

[GEC] Master Edition PSX Doom for the PlayStation. Beta 4 Released [11/16/2022]

On 10/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, Impboy4 said:

Going down the list on the OP, I noticed there a lot tracks that are rarely used:

Retribution Dawns - 2x
Sanity's Edge - 1x
Hell's Churn - 2x
Digitized Pain - 3x
Mind Massacre - 3x
Breath of Horror - 2x
A Calm Panic Rises - 3x
The Slow Demonic Pulse - 1x
Steadfast Extermination - 1x
In the Grip of Madness - 1x
Lamentation - 2x
Twisted Beyond Reason - 2x
Hopeless Despair - 0x
Bells of Agony - 1x
Vexation - 0x
Infectious - 0x
Larva Circuits - 1x
The Fowlness Consumes - 0x
Unhallowed - 3x
Demon Drone - 2x
Tendrils of Hate - 3x

On the other end, these tracks have been used a lot:

The Broken Ones - 5x
Corrupted Core - 5x
Lurkers - 6x
Beyond Fear - 7x

That's a very interesting thing to look into. It gets tiring to hear the same tracks over and over again, I didn't think about this before.

I am using the only instance of In the Grip of Madness for Hell Keep and one of the instances of Mind Massacre for Warrens, although I wanted Malignant (which isn't even on the list) in place of Mind Massacre, but apparently it isn't possible to use it? I'm not sure.

Now that I check the tracks that hasn't been used, I think Hopeless Despair would be a better fit for Warrens than Mind Massacre. Mind Massacre has this claustrophobic feel, while Hopeless Despair seem to be more of sounds bouncing in open space.

Tested the Icon of Sin.

OMFG this is so hard to kill this bastard! Most rockets goes higher/lower than needed. Also I've found that CD music doesn't play in epsxe 1.9.0.

I thought you've disabled music in menus, but it also doesn't play on IoS map. Eh.

39 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Tested the Icon of Sin.

OMFG this is so hard to kill this bastard! Most rockets goes higher/lower than needed. Also I've found that CD music doesn't play in epsxe 1.9.0.

I thought you've disabled music in menus, but it also doesn't play on IoS map. Eh.

If it works in other emulators, it's a problem with your settings, not the ISO.

Ok, changed the sound plugin, it worked.

Surprised to hear the PC IoS theme.

Maybe is there a way to spawn/despawn barrels near IoS face? To recreate the explosion scene?

15 hours ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Due to the features of the engine, you can simplify your task. There is no need to jump down from a high platform, you can simply go to the edge (shown yellow on the map) and press "Use". The platform will go down! And almost immediately press the "Fire" button.

7 hours ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Maybe is there a way to spawn/despawn barrels near IoS face? To recreate the explosion scene?

There is nothing to spawn, there is no such behavior. Even monsters teleporting from far closets beyond the map. IoS is probably already presented in PSX Doom as dummy monster without spawning and exploding. If you use map and objects cheat you can see there something beyond IoS in small closet and it sounded like zombieman if you come closer.

I just want to note that the final corridors are far away and they are not noticeable.

Errors and Bugs spotted in Beta3.

Master levels

MAP02: Trapped on Titan (Đeⓧiaz)

Spoiler

1824918935_map02_1TrappedonTitan.PNG.a820a0a1795492a4c6e513b61b793f04.PNG

The brick wall stretchiness is too noticeable. The performance (framerate) drops here to an enormous degree.

2022297842_map02_2TrappedonTitan.PNG.a2ee4b20f37bd6609d15d2a473cd4689.PNG

In the wooden building, you'll see two walls stretching after you lower the lift.

The room appears to be blinding bright. As a solution, apply some colored light or simply lower brightness down to 50, 64 or 70.. of that sort.

1191855640_map02_3TrappedonTitan.PNG.1f8a22e3868563d3ab3518e94545c710.PNG

The sky for sure cannot horizontally tile. Can something be made to prevent this?

166246485_map02_4TrappedonTitan.PNG.245b93d7795e7b9406da59033f5c2d0b.PNG

I couldn't open this bookcase.

90885550_map02_5TrappedonTitan.PNG.b2131a57f5235eb970e74acf284f2f65.PNG

I couldn't climb the last step of this staircase, therefore I wasn't able to click that skull switch to access yellow key.

And as such, the rest of the level becomes inaccessable. I had to cheat to warp to the next level at this point.

MAP10: Crossing Acheron (me)

Spoiler

1531896539_map10_1CrossingAcheron.PNG.44af6ace380f5374dfb456c59546ac04.PNG

How could I permit this to happen! (the texture wasn't set) I'll fix this in the next Beta.

6 hours ago, riderr3 said:

There is nothing to spawn, there is no such behavior. Even monsters teleporting from far closets beyond the map. IoS is probably already presented in PSX Doom as dummy monster without spawning and exploding. If you use map and objects cheat you can see there something beyond IoS in small closet and it sounded like zombieman if you come closer.

I "do like" you are think I am blind or stupid.

I am the one who have created those IoS sounds. And I do know how this monster works and what's is the monster type used here.

I said about idea to make vanilla hack to teleport barrels from another area to imitate the explosive effect. When I've tested this map before Beta3 release I never thought about this situation, I was only interested to make sound behavior in good quality.

Errors and Bugs spotted in Beta3

Plutonia

MAP05: Hunted (by @DynamiteKaitorn)

Spoiler

Level5Hunted_1.PNG.f9e66f428167fad56c4aa83960aee4c8.PNG

Does this level intentionally uses Phobos sky? Then, why brown colored light is added like if Doom II's Starport was planned? Things suggested:

• Lower the brightness level approximately to 110 or 120 and remove the color index by setting it to 0.
  • Leave color index as is, but replace the sky flat with F_SKY04 (or something else)

Note, that were my personal point of view.

MAP12: Neurosphere (by @Dark Pulse)

Spoiler

Level5Neurosphere.PNG.2b05de2aa2cf83bdb3df3c3e033a7119.PNG

This telepad does not lead anywhere (Help! I'm stuck forever in this blood pit). Happend in the eastern most part.

(not sure what happend.. but I guess you could accidently remove teleporter thing)

MAP15: Impossible Mission (by @DynamiteKaitorn)

Spoiler

Level15ImpossibleMission1.PNG.39849d8e4c764a43725630d6fe7492dd.PNG

If you click the switch to raise the bridge twice it will block your way to the yellow key and you'll never get it (unless you already had it). Adding insult to injury, this will create this tutti-frutti-like mess.

Level15ImpossibleMission2.PNG.fa8b20b9768ffbb4fe960d277e2a3782.PNG

The ceiling of this closet should be lowered a little (too weird-looking)

Level15ImpossibleMission3.PNG.9f735fa5ec2b3aef4603420180e19d4c.PNG

...same here.

1 hour ago, mr-around said:

MAP12: Neurosphere (by @Dark Pulse)

Hide contents

Level5Neurosphere.PNG.2b05de2aa2cf83bdb3df3c3e033a7119.PNG

This telepad does not lead anywhere (Help! I'm stuck forever in this blood pit). Happend in the eastern most part.

(not sure what happend.. but I guess you could accidently remove teleporter thing)

Mistakenly tagged it as Multiplayer, back when I thought the Multiplayer flag was "Also for Multiplayer" as opposed to "works in Multiplayer only." I managed to un-fuck everything when I realized that... except for that, it seems.

Fix submitted to Erick.

3 hours ago, mr-around said:

Errors and Bugs spotted in Beta3.

Master levels

MAP02: Trapped on Titan (Đeⓧiaz)

Reveal hidden contents

1824918935_map02_1TrappedonTitan.PNG.a820a0a1795492a4c6e513b61b793f04.PNG

The brick wall stretchiness is too noticeable. The performance (framerate) drops here to an enormous degree.

2022297842_map02_2TrappedonTitan.PNG.a2ee4b20f37bd6609d15d2a473cd4689.PNG

In the wooden building, you'll see two walls stretching after you lower the lift.

The room appears to be blinding bright. As a solution, apply some colored light or simply lower brightness down to 50, 64 or 70.. of that sort.

1191855640_map02_3TrappedonTitan.PNG.1f8a22e3868563d3ab3518e94545c710.PNG

The sky for sure cannot horizontally tile. Can something be made to prevent this?

166246485_map02_4TrappedonTitan.PNG.245b93d7795e7b9406da59033f5c2d0b.PNG

I couldn't open this bookcase.

90885550_map02_5TrappedonTitan.PNG.b2131a57f5235eb970e74acf284f2f65.PNG

I couldn't climb the last step of this staircase, therefore I wasn't able to click that skull switch to access yellow key.

And as such, the rest of the level becomes inaccessable. I had to cheat to warp to the next level at this point.

Moreover, I will say that this map has even more bugs.
It is interesting that the yellow key can be taken simply by running around the pedestal (which is also counted as bug). But still, without activating the desired trigger, it is impossible to go to the yellow door.
Did GEC not tried maps before compiling?

Therefore, I have a convincing request to @Erick194 to add important information to OP about the impassable MAP02 of Master Levels (in Beta 3), and it must be skipped with warp cheat. If this is not done, the players will suffer.

Errors and Bugs spotted in Beta3

Plutonia

MAP05: Hunted (by @DynamiteKaitorn)

Does this level intentionally uses Phobos sky? Then, why brown colored light is added like if Doom II's Starport was planned?

This sky if fine for this map (It's also my personal point of view). There is no strict rules about choosing the skies and coloring.

As an aside: That made me realize I also forgot to paste my notes for Neurosphere, so here you go. This one is actually pretty short since the conversion was fairly painless.

Spoiler

MAJOR CHANGES

• Archviles naturally had to be replaced.
    • The two in the Single-Player map were replaced with Nightmare Revenants. This makes the encounters slightly easier, since the Nightmare Revenants come with 600 HP, which is 100 less than an Archvile has (700). As with the Archvile, they only appear on Ultra-Violence.
    • The six that only appear in Multiplayer were replaced with four nightmare Hell Knights. This actually makes the encounter slightly easier due to the reduced number/speed of your opposition, as well as the reduced HP (1000 HP * 4 = 4000 vs. 700 HP * 6 = 4200.)
  • Removed barely-used Arachnotron, Pain Elemental, and Mancubus to conserve memory.
    • The Arachnotron was replaced by a pair of Revenants. Slightly more HP in the fight (500 vs. 600 HP), but it's split across two 300 HP enemies. They only appear on Ultra-Violence, just like the Arachnotron.
    • The Pain Elemental was replaced by a regular Revenant in the tunnel. This is actually a slot loss in HP (400 vs. 300). This helps balance out the increased HP that was lost in the Arachnotron fight, as well.
      • This also led to said tunnel being increased in height from 64 units to 96 units, since it always bugs the hell out of me when I see mappers letting their Revenants clip through ceilings.
      • Then again, that's id Software's fault for making it so damn tall but having its bounding box be much smaller... not that it mattered in the original engine due to infinite height for collision.
    • The Mancubus was replaced by a Nightmare Revenant, which has identical HP (but is perhaps somewhat more dangerous to fight). Like the Mancubus, this appears only on Ultra-Violence.
  • Removed multiplayer-only Cyberdemon due to memory constraints.
    • Replaced with four Nightmare Hell Knights, for a roughly equal encounter in terms of HP. Slightly more dangerous due to the increased amount of projectiles though.
      • Then again, how many people are actually going to do Multiplayer...?

MINOR CHANGES

• Deletion of exit sign, due to it both looking weird floating in the middle of the sky, as well as due to the exit sign textures only being available via a door texture in Playstation Final Doom. (There's a much better way of showing the exit due to colored lighting now, IMO.)
  • Forced to change Linedef 534's action type - Playstation Final Doom does not have Action 130 (W1 Floor Raise to Next Higher Floor (fast)), so I was forced to change it to Action 119 (W1 Floor Raise to Next Higher Floor). This will make the chaingunners come up slightly less quickly, marginally making this part easier until their lifts fully raise.
  • Simplification of start room area due to a bunch of redundant sectors via merging them. Visually unchanged.
  • Merging of Red Skull Bars to the area southwest of the spawn in order to reduce geometry to prevent an edge clip overflow crash.
    • While it wasn't necessary to do this for the other sets of them, the same adjustment was done to them both for consistency's sake and to attempt to give a slight speedup via occlusion.
  • Made Multiplayer-only Rocket Launcher (near Blue Keycard) obtainable in Singleplayer by removing the Multiplayer-only flag. This felt like an oversight with how much rocket ammo there was laying around, and it's a decent reward for the Blue Keycard fight. (By this point in the level, you're almost done, anyway, so it's really a minor Quality-of-Life change more than something that'd fundamentally alter how the map is played - especially since if played in sequence, you likely already *HAVE* a Rocket Launcher.)
  • Un-deaf'd all non-enemy Things.
  • Re-added all difficulty levels to Deathmatch spawns.
  • Lowered Megasphere/BFG secret height - seemed just impossible to land with the original PC version's height due to the stricter gravity. It's still tricky, but doable now.
  • Added Render Mid-Texture flags to bar textures so they all show up.
  • Added flickering light sector effect (Type 17) to all torches, along with lightening the sector color to try to reflect that they are "lit" better.
    • Some splitting of linedefs to allow this to happen in areas where torches weren't in a "self-contained" sector was added to enhance this.
  • Minor sector merging at the ending "strip" where the backpack is located - no idea why that was split in the original map.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Tiny, but brief and harmless, seg overflow (I think?) if one quickly dashes out towards the exit and is looking directly at the far walls. It repairs itself within a frame or so, and is harmless.

COMMENTARY

Performance is mostly pretty good, but it does dip down around 10 FPS with how open much of the map is. Of course, you can fix this by overclocking the CPU if you're running an emulator.

Not much to say about this map - it converted fairly straightforwardly. Texture space was limited a bit, but on the whole I think I picked pretty good replacements.

FREE FLATS: 3 (Only 13 were needed for a near-1:1 conversion! Would've been 1:1 were it not for two of them...)
FREE TEXTURE SPACE: 0

Hmm, we don't check the maps in advance, just like you, we discover errors with the release. Since in the previous beta version I corrected certain errors before launch, one of those are the specific errors by @ mr-around in MAP15: Mission impossible, among others, but most of them updated their own maps and did not correct their errors again .

@riderr3 I agree to put the info in the OP

Edited by Erick194

Well, these are betas, that's basically what all this is for.

It definitely does mean a Beta 3.1 should get pushed out some point soon though, since that's a literally progression-breaking bug. Mine is pretty bad too on Neurosphere, but it's entirely possible to miss it (as I did), and at worst you just have to restart the level.

34 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Well, these are betas, that's basically what all this is for.

It definitely does mean a Beta 3.1 should get pushed out some point soon though, since that's a literally progression-breaking bug. Mine is pretty bad too on Neurosphere, but it's entirely possible to miss it (as I did), and at worst you just have to restart the level.

In Plutonia's Bunker I also found one game-breaking bug in teleporter near blue key. Fatal error with black screen and debug text. Thankfully it is optional teleporter, so just don't step in it until next update. Or you can step and guess what causing this error =)

3 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

In Plutonia's Bunker I also found one game-breaking bug in teleporter near blue key. Fatal error with black screen and debug text. Thankfully it is optional teleporter, so just don't step in it until next update. Or you can step and guess what causing this error =)

If it's the usual suspects, probably nothing a little room simplification couldn't fix.

@marver0PS, what say you?

@mr-around

If you are wondering why I used that sky texture from DooM 2, it was the closest sky texture I could find that matched Hunted's sky. Both skyboxes are grey clouds.

I did however update Hunted as looking back, the yellowness was kinda garish for me so I paled it a bit. Should look better. <3

As for Impossible Mission, the errors are all fixed up. (Still got the rail in the sky glitch occuring but that one may require drastic action for me to fix so I'll skip it (Plus it's not super noticeable in-game.))

Also a few quirkynesses I found so far:

PHOBOS MISSION CONTROL -

TECHGONEBAD_ERROR_01.png.053eb54bc8ecf5153dd3660c2e042c8d.png

Not super noticeable but the sides of this elevator stretch ever so slightly when fully lowered.

BAPHOMENTS DEMENSE (AKA Sigil's E5M1) -

BAPH_DEM01.png.8f1e9fb4961296112d6ee876cb2f58a9.png

This room is INCREDIBLY laggy and not only that, the game actually starts reaching it's DRAWSEG limits very easily here.

BAPH_DEM02.png.4c3cff3c8c3f498190b6a5a5a3ba400d.png

Scooting past the wall climbing area the outside segment is rather glitchy looking here and sometimes the skybox can spontaneously pop into view for a second.

BAPH_DEM03.png.dc8e8f9d365dce7838109fcce863df7e.png

The chaingun secret is also rather glitchy on it's outside as you can see.

2 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

This room is INCREDIBLY laggy and not only that, the game actually starts reaching it's DRAWSEG limits very easily here.

Pretty strange, I didn't find anything while playing it about 5 times. Even in my demo video there are no such bugs.

About Firesky bug - yeah, that must be fixed.

24 minutes ago, Erick194 said:

Well folks, even with the errors present, everything has a solution, I was researching there and I found this:

https://www.pictosee.com/p/2123375289342916958_7492403336

And that makes our work (including you guys) worthwhile ;)

Now we just need someone who knows Russian to tell us if there's anything interesting said by them or in the placard on top of the TV.

8 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Now we just need someone who knows Russian to tell us if there's anything interesting said by them or in the placard on top of the TV.

*Dies on screen*
-Damn, playing with only one hand is not easy.

*Later*

-Well, this is IT. Of course, when this project will be finished we definitely will show it on the next [Russian] DoomCon.

The "fake" Boxart is made by me, here goes HQ version:

Spoiler

BoxArt.png?extra=7Liqz9bM1OK_38zc9thW6S0

The placard says:

"The Playstation Doom is nearly the most unusual console port even created. Unlike the other versions this one got the horror-suspence atmosphere. Instead of fun running through levels with rock music the game provided strenuous walking in dark hallways with creepy ambient.

PSX Doom: Master Edition is the formidable hack made by Doom fans, which brings back the missing PC levels in canonic sequence. It puts together full Doom 1, Doom 2, Master Levels, TNT Evilution and Plutonia Experiment experience for PSX release. The leaders of this project is the GEC Team - 2 talented brothers. The another part of hack developers are interested fans (mostly from Doomworld.com). At the present moment the game have a Beta status"

Edited by Đeⓧiaz : Added Placard translation

14 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

BAPH_DEM01.png.8f1e9fb4961296112d6ee876cb2f58a9.png

I tried this map on real hardware and I want to note that slowdowns are more noticeable here than on the emulator. The map is normally converted, it just needs optimizations. This is made easier than ever by reducing the number of steps on the edges of the rocks, as well as reducing the number of lines of these rocks. This will not affect progress. There are four such places at the level. A crack-hole in the beginning produces the strongest lag in all of Beta 3, here this can also be simplified and everything will be fine.

Now I would like to say something about the sequence of extra maps for Doom and Master Levels. Since none of the participants put forward their proposals, I will publish my proposals. Maybe the GEC will like something, or you can criticize.

As we know, Beta 3 has the first three levels that are not related to the main narrative of Doom 1 and Doom 2. Anyone playing for the first time will ask, “In general, why do these three maps come first?”

Hell Keep will be the best opener-map in the Master Edition, especially since this map is designed to start with a pistol. Getting heaps of weapons on previous maps greatly breaks the balance on this map.

Here one could try to shove these additional 5 maps into secret slots (two from Romero, two XBOX special maps and lost 3DO map). But the problem is that Doom 1 and 2 already have enough secret maps (two for each). If you add even more it will be overkill.
Therefore, here the best option (logically) will be the location of these 5 extra maps BETWEEN Doom 1 and Doom 2 maps. This will be a kind of “transition layer” and will not interfere with Doom 1 and Doom 2 maps.

There is also a suggestion on where sub-episodes can be located in Doom, in case if Sigil is added:

(a small concept hack)
giphy.gif

Each of the sub-episodes begins with a pistol-start, as they should be.

"Doom" consists of Doom 1, five extra maps and Doom 2. At the end, the music is played with voiceover (track 8) and the icon of sin image with monster cast is shown. (voiceless track 9, for example, is useful in ML, TNT and Plutonia, because the plot of the ending is different there)
"NRTFL" and "Sigil", respectively, contain their own levels and unique final text, after which the player enters the main menu.

About the sequence of Master Levels.
Not many people know that 13 Master levels for official Final Doom have changed their sequence, as example Virgil put on MAP02 slot, e.t.c. Since many additional maps have been added to the ML of Master Edition, the important question is in which order they will be placed.

Manor and Trapped on Titan are too long and complex for the first maps. And even more so, the first one has all the weapons including the BFG. Not the best weapon progression, right? Given the difficulty of the levels, the BFG should be at level 3 or 4.

It is not necessary that all 4 Titan maps go one after another, because it will be too repetitive. Two by two would be the best option.

Perhaps the maps can be divided into three phases: tech-bases, night levels, hell.

Mephisto Maosoleum will be the best candidate for the last map, as it has an Icon of Sin.

And do not forget the important point that we have a Doom2 Map14 Homage, which was planned as a secret map for Final Doom, but it did not enter. Earlier in this thread, there were proposals to rename it to Master's Den or Musty Stain (I support any of these renaming).
Therefore, one of the maps must contain another secret exit (one of us will make an additional secret exit on one of the ML maps)

I ask @Erick194 to take note of my suggestions and write them down.

Edited by riderr3

I've got a few thoughts I suppose.

I do think that ultimately, a few versions of the project should be produced.

• A version that intermixes our new levels with the originals. In other words, restoring the proper order of progression for the original games; turning the Master Levels into one single episode; SIGIL, NRFTL, and the Master Levels creators' other creations as their own little miniature episodes; whatever original level set we wind up creating as its own episode; and then throw in the miscellaneous stuff in some sort of "Bonus Maps" episode. This way, consistency is kept, level sequence is exactly like the originals, and so on.
  • Same as above but ONLY the new levels. For those who don't want to play all the old stuff, and just want the new stuff we created for the project. It should still be presented in level order (where possible), since we definitely shouldn't be putting things so haphazardly.
  • I've said it in the past, but I'd like to port all this to the Doom 64 engine as well, so once that's possible, some decisions need to be done - do we create new versions of the textures, or do we give the levels Doom 64 texturing? Are we going to recreate some of the cut monsters for that version? How extensively should we make use of macros in the old levels? And, of course, do we make yet another new level set for that version as well? I'll need to work pretty closely with GEC to make everything ready to go there, but obviously I want to finish the stuff for the PSX version first and foremost - it's not fair to do anything less, and getting feedback from the rest of the team is pretty crucial wherever possible.

3 hours ago, Job said:

So...Doom 64 the Way Williams Did It? Interesting. 

Kind of, although since they did both it's a bit hard to make that apply strictly. :p

Maybe I'm mistaking publisher versus developer, but I thought Doom 64 was Midway. 

3 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

I've said it in the past, but I'd like to port all this to the Doom 64 engine as well, so once that's possible, some decisions need to be done - do we create new versions of the textures, or do we give the levels Doom 64 texturing? Are we going to recreate some of the cut monsters for that version? How extensively should we make use of macros in the old levels? And, of course, do we make yet another new level set for that version as well? I'll need to work pretty closely with GEC to make everything ready to go there, but obviously I want to finish the stuff for the PSX version first and foremost - it's not fair to do anything less, and getting feedback from the rest of the team is pretty crucial wherever possible.

Well, in my opinion such concept is something like the Reload of the franchize (retold story from scratch), so I'd like to see all classic levels retextured with D64 textures (or some D64 extra fanmade texture), new monsters would be nice to see also (it's not the problem at all since GEC is working on recreating sprites of missing monsters).

It would be like "What if Doom 64 was the only one Doom", I mean this concept.

4 minutes ago, Job said:

Maybe I'm mistaking publisher versus developer, but I thought Doom 64 was Midway. 

Midway published both; Williams developed both.

2 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Well, in my opinion such concept is something like the Reload of the franchize (retold story from scratch), so I'd like to see all classic levels retextured with D64 textures (or some D64 extra fanmade texture), new monsters would be nice to see also (it's not the problem at all since GEC is working on recreating sprites of missing monsters).

It would be like "What if Doom 64 was the only one Doom", I mean this concept.

That's actually a pretty neat concept as well. I like that. I can dig it.

The other epitome of awesomeness would be if we can get it running on the new Switch version, but we'll have to see how far that differs from the original, and it'd be (sadly) limited to jailbroken Switches unless custom PWADs that can mod even the game logic are allowed (unless we do a special "no extra monsters" version or whatever for it).

More bugs noticed in Doom 1 / Doom 2 part

Level 1: Phobos Mission Control  (by @Uroboros87)

Spoiler

Level01_PhobosMissionControl.PNG.22296d782a1351ea7173cab376a4002b.PNG

The floor does not hurt underfeet in this closet.

MAP02: Forgotten Sewers (by me)

Spoiler

Level02_Sewers.PNG.de99c22c9fa519de75c883e02f88fab2.PNG

Strangely, all the stupid stuff I faulted myself to permit in Beta2 present here. As such, you'll still encounter 0 brightness tunnel of blackness, among other errors (too many stairs in computer room causing frame drop, hidden AM walls, nightmare creatures without first blend mask checked etc. etc.).

I sent V2 of this map to @Erick194, but for a mysterious reason this level became a direct copy from previous beta with a different name.

MAP03: Altar of Extraction (by @riderr3)

Spoiler

Level03_Altar.PNG.9c7cdee8405369a519e9d30a4c56e49c.PNG

Too difficult to pick all those health bonuses.

MAP16: Icon of Sin (GEC)

Spoiler

Level16_IconOfSin1.PNG.b028a825e566dca922a05bf83e9dc61d.PNG

The ceiling flat is a glitchy and distorted version of glowing lava rocks (GLOW02)

Level16_IconOfSin2.PNG.3610aaa78256d9402dfe841d842aa9e5.PNG

No texture set as a bottom texture (same for both left and right tunnels)

6 minutes ago, mr-around said:

The ceiling flat is a glitchy and distorted version of glowing lava rocks (GLOW02)

How is this possible at all, I didn't see anything like that o_O