Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

[GEC] Master Edition PSX Doom for the PlayStation. Beta 4 Released [11/16/2022]

2 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Omen_P5.png.688f8ee32a1feefc8152ca33fd4d5032.png

I noticed these simefalls don't animate despite other slimefalls on the map actually working... I am confused ._.

Heh... another tip:
In your case choose SFALL1 texture instead of SFALL2/3/4, because in PSX Doom only the first numbered textures is animated.

Also not forget about some walls when you come closer can be reverted upside down. It happened on negatively aligned textures or sort of.

Moreover, You can also add translucent lines to spice up some windows/niches in case if they fit into the environment.

Edited by riderr3

Almost always in all the levels that have the F_SKY09, they have an index color (44 -> 48), as you can see in this image I reduce the brightness of the sector to --20, which gives me 160 of brightness, and I put it of external color 44, and for water 232. I recommend reducing the brightness of all sectors with --20. to make it look a little darker.

x2ttncsrmcamyibzg.jpg

I hope it has been helpfull.

Oh dammit. Does somebody know why cheats are not working most times?

I thought it was the UV issue (becuase UV is the latest difficulty, possibly it was disabled like the Nightmare difficulty on PC), but no.

Sometimes cheats are works fine, sometimes I can't enable them after 10 types. Dafuq? Sometimes it makes me really angry because I don't have time to play it on full force, I need a kinda speedrun.

Tested on keyboard and xbox360 controller.

I'm talking about the Final Doom.

It's probably something with the hardware or settings. For me cheats working perfect with PS2>USB DualShock 2, both in Doom and Final.

5 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Oh dammit. Does somebody know why cheats are not working most times?

I thought it was the UV issue (becuase UV is the latest difficulty, possibly it was disabled like the Nightmare difficulty on PC), but no.

Sometimes cheats are works fine, sometimes I can't enable them after 10 types. Dafuq? Sometimes it makes me really angry because I don't have time to play it on full force, I need a kinda speedrun.

Tested on keyboard and xbox360 controller.

I'm talking about the Final Doom.

Depends on the cheat. I've only had once cheat work successfully, that being the equivilant to IDKFA on PC (X, Triangle, L1, UP, DOWN, R2, Left, Left)

Try to typing the cheat slower or faster, apparently the game is a bit picky regarding the speed you input the cheat.

On 8/3/2018 at 4:43 PM, Erick194 said:

Almost always in all the levels that have the F_SKY09, they have an index color (44 -> 48), as you can see in this image I reduce the brightness of the sector to --20, which gives me 160 of brightness, and I put it of external color 44, and for water 232. I recommend reducing the brightness of all sectors with --20. to make it look a little darker.

I hope it has been helpfull.

Yeah, I'm liking 44 a bit more, on the green textures at least. I'm using a brightness of 140 right now (it was 120 in my previous screenshot with a color value of 34).

Also I haven't had any problem entering cheats. I'm using an Xbox One controller, since either my PS2 to PC adapter or PS2 controller died while it was in storage.

Ok, thanks for replies, folks!

I think I'm pressing buttons TOO FAST. The last time I succesfully did it (after I wrote my post) I was typing "slowly". But I also know that "too slow" typing have no effect too. Lmao. "Doom Difficulty: Try to Cheat, you bastard"

Ok, I'm finishing my previous pack of maps (the last one is Mount Pain which is finished on 98%). I'd like to take those maps:

Master Levels:

Trapped on Titan (TTRAP.WAD)

TNT:

Level 19: Shipping/Respawning

I have an idea for Level 19. It will use A LOT of 3D floors.

UPD: An experiment, not related to my claim for TNT Map19

Edited by DeXiaZ

I had "FrontZClip: Point Overflow" along with "LeftEdgeClip: Point Overflow" errors here, until I reduced quantity of this windows to 6. This also fixed distortion ahead which visible from this point.
4ZzbO4r.jpg

Stairs cause a noticeable slowdown here, so it's changed to lift which can be activated by switch from the right.
3hnrnOd.jpg

If you notice, here are both switches is activated but door still not open. For real, front switch is not activated yet, but his texture turn to sw2 state because I've activated right switch! (also reverse) It's happened because this map was processed with Find Side tool. It's only cosmetic bug, but I address this to @Erick194, bug can be reproduced on sent map and processed with Find Side tool.
vrf8C6h.png

Also I've saved mancubi in Compound, thanks to map size.

The map is yours Dynamite Kaitorn.

An observation for all those who are participating in this project, my goal here is not to bother you and make fun of you, I really appreciate the work of each one of you, we all have the right to say what we want, I am also grateful for your efforts.

Well, I'll also tell you that I'm already starting to test the maps on the real PSX console.

7 hours ago, Erick194 said:

An observation for all those who are participating in this project, my goal here is not to bother you and make fun of you, I really appreciate the work of each one of you, we all have the right to say what we want, I am also grateful for your efforts.

For me this is an interesting experiment, given that I'm aware of the features of the PSX Doom engine at the moment.

Also I wonder did the public beta will happen near release or testing lay on the shoulders of the GEC?

By the way you can sign me for Level 29: River Styx and Level 25: Baron's Den

P.S. Here it will just find out whether the barons will stay on Baron's Den or not...

Edited by riderr3

So I decided to look at how many textures (sidedefs specifically) were used for map 11 of TNT....

I counted 90.... N I N E T Y!

Jesus OwO

Well I managed to load up the map and ran about the place for a bit. I then decided to kill myself to restart the map...

Let's just say I might have ****ed up something

SF_Pic1.png.a0239ba7ef3346cbf5aa289f095b4a65.png

Creepy Pasta vibes anyone?

SF_Pic2.png.6d56c9f6aab120cc1b1e9b276101065b.png

SF_Pic3.png.168717bef9d34f2cd8e586d2c3d8e7d8.png

The map broke so hard it made a face at me... spooky...

I have a fairly good idea how I broke the map so much.

Edited by DynamiteKaitorn

Just doing my periodical "keep it up" post. 

Every contributor is amazing and you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to this. Oh, you think you know, but you don't. No idea. I'm pumped above a level over 9,000.

17 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I have a fairly good idea how I broke the map so much.

2 Options:

1) You make the wrong PSXDoom build (you've built PSX Ultimate Doom instead of PSX Final Doom)

2) BSP died

18 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Or 3: I still had too many textures loaded.

No, the game will crash with error.

In your situation game tries to make "HOM" due to the game uses unknown textures. That's why I said that you did the wrong Doom build. If you will use Ultimate Doom textures in Final Doom - you will get invisible or black walls.

20 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Just curious, what would cause a "Not Enough Memory" crash?

I forget. 

Sorry, I can't help you, but I couldn't help myself either. :) 

1 hour ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Just curious, what would cause a "Not Enough Memory" crash?

If you refer to the error "P_SetupLevel: not enough free memory", it is because everything charges well but needs a little more free memory for effects on the map. That would require you to play a little more with the map and reduce, to gain more memory.