Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

[GEC] Master Edition PSX Doom for the PlayStation. Community Project Starting Now. Mappers Required. [Add New Maps. 31/7/2018]

If that happened to me with an Industrial Zone and I had to reduce a little more.

Have you downloaded the current tools? That allows you to compress the wad and build everything without too many detours.

I have the newest editor downloaded... kinda wanna try to avoid re-download for a third time the tools since Avast! is a pain in the butt sometimes and thinks the files are viruses, quarantine's them for like 8 hours and then FINALLY allows me to run it afterwards.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:30 AM, riderr3 said:

Also I wonder did the public beta will happen near release or testing lay on the shoulders of the GEC?

Nope, we don't consider that all the testing must be on our shoulders. A public beta release can be happening soon. :)

So here's a few screen-shots of Storage Facility so far:

SF_Pic4.png.4c1eaacf995259d92854eefe7e216941.png

Managed to get this fence to render without looping. (thnx for the clip midtex :) ) Though I do see 1 or 2 pixels (looks like the bottom of the fence texture). Not sure if I can fix that since the fence's offset is 0. :l

SF_Pic5.png.24ef8236f95ebb0cc3e7039d36002520.png

Is it just me or does this turquoise/cyan colour fit really well in this room?

SF_Pic6.png.cd96440a4f81566a629a4ac796710510.png

Since the Arch-Vile does not exist I had to edit the map geometry to allow the player to get up onto this crate to grab the Megasphere.

Now I only hope you like crates! :D

SF_Pic7.png.e5251f748ab2b8ea00f77d0bacf655de.png

SF_Pic8.png.80c12bc29a64d5f3f04b45c1828c0e41.png

SF_Pic9.png.626b8bc56464696874967c2330bd2129.png

SF_Pic10.png.a0049f3aeaaf54775c5c1f0db66a0b96.png <---- This however is still an issue... :S

6 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

SF_Pic4.png.4c1eaacf995259d92854eefe7e216941.png

Managed to get this fence to render without looping. (thnx for the clip midtex :) ) Though I do see 1 or 2 pixels (looks like the bottom of the fence texture). Not sure if I can fix that since the fence's offset is 0. :l

This hell-like fence is quite unsuitable here. FENCE01 texture actually used in such techbase/storage maps.

As well as the sky. Here most suitable candidates is sky01, sky04 or sky07. Cause PSX Final Doom doesn't have original TNT skies.

6 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

SF_Pic5.png.24ef8236f95ebb0cc3e7039d36002520.png

Is it just me or does this turquoise/cyan colour fit really well in this room?

From 5 to 8 sector color index is ok for such areas, where LITEs is used.

Overall, you need to cut/conjoin some optional sectors and linedefs to save memory for monsters. Currently I have 200+ sectors on River Styx and 5 type of monsters (5-6 species is mostly standard for original PSX Doom maps). Moreover, especially on bigger maps, with Find Side tool you can receive more VRAM space for at least one low-tier monster. On River Styx I've retrieved pinkies that way.

Also the megasphere on crate... It's too easy to obtain it. Why not use the imagination? As example you can made lift from that crate and it's can be activated by hidden linedef. Player will hear the sound and return to grab that megasphere.

Edited by riderr3

+1

BTW, you always have an example from The Lost Levels. Check this map first and do edits in your version.

Good news to everyone who cares about TNT! I managed to remove the Memory Allocation issue I had... by deleting the explosive barrels..........yay?

I'm not sure if it was the barrels itself or the fact the map had so many so for now, I am going to clean up the map, test run to make sure 100% on UV is possible and then maybe re-add a few explosive barrels here or there (but first, need to do that 3D effect OwO)

For some reason the VRAM Viewer doesn't work with "Trapped on Titan" map. I've thought that the map uses TOO MUCH textures at the same time, but when I've cleared up this mess I've failed again.

Any ideas, what's the problem?

I do not see any problem with the VRAM Viewer, but if I found that the map is corrupt in the format, with damages in the sectors, download this (TTRAP.rar) that is corrected and try to try again.

Thanks, but that's too late, I've already created my own based on the original PC release. I can't do the whole map again from the scratch.

So my question is still opened, just because I've used VRAM on the different map. The "Gotcha" map I've also created by using the PC version of the map, not yours, and while I've worked with Gotcha I've not problems with VRAM Viewer.

This is the only map which is not working with VRAM Viewer. Big maps like "Black Tower" and "Mount Pain" were fine with that.

UPD: Your converted map opens VV fine. Hm. Very bad news for me. Ok, I have to test my map without monsters. If everything is fine - I'll forget about the VRAM Viewer at all

UPD2: My actual map is also broken for unknown reason (I'll remind again that I didn't used the old uploaded PSX map). Great, just great.

Whatever, I'll forget about this map and go on for the next (previous? I should finish the Mount Pain, though)

Edited by DeXiaZ

Thanks again to @Erick194, he saved my project map...again.

Here goes some beta screenshots of TTRAP:

oC04XWLl.jpg

MUWfXyZl.jpg

d9Xxqivl.jpg

srLhyZcl.jpg

I've saved the main height of this town (384) by using some tricks. You can see that in some places textures are bugged, but I'm gonna fix that in future