Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

[GEC] Master Edition PSX Doom for the PlayStation. Beta 4 Released [11/16/2022]

5 hours ago, Job said:

I hate to be "that guy," but I wanted to pop in and ask how the second Beta compilation is going. *wink*

What I can say is we are getting more Plutonia in this one. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

"More Plutonia"

*Insert autistic screeching of immense happiness and depression simultaneously*

Truth. 

2 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

"More Plutonia"

*Insert autistic screeching of immense happiness and depression simultaneously*

...I hope that you're autistic yourself...otherwise..... 

I never really liked the "autistic screeching" meme...

I'm autistic and have an autistic son and that description of Plutonia is the most accurate I've come across :)

In beta 2, the nightmare difficulty is enabled, the only difference is that the passwords will suffer changes.

What will be effected via Nightmare? As in will it emulate the DOS nightmare (which IMO is kinda lack luster since you are either A: going to die due to too many enemies in 1 area or B: Going to die by running out of ammo.) or a super hard difficulty where 100% Kills, Items and Secrets is still possible.

It is similar to Doom "DOS", but, with the difference that the enemies do not resuscitate.

It is really hard.

2 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

super hard difficulty where 100% Kills, Items and Secrets is still possible.

This one.

I'm going to add this project to the Doom Wiki's PlayStation Doom page. Just spent the better part of the last hour making all sorts of nice tables and shit for it.

If the PlayStation Doom TC is worthy of a mention, why not this one, after all?

@Erick194 and/or @Gerardo194: Two questions for you.

1) Are you guys going to keep a change log of what maps have been added for each release? The front-page "finished" status is slightly misleading in that a map might be done, but not in the current release.

2) Are authors allowed to touch up/fix/alter maps between versions, or is it considered immutable and "final" once it's submitted? If the former, you will also need to denote when a map has been updated between releases. And if the latter, I'd better be totally happy with what I've done with my maps before I submit them.

Edited by Dark Pulse

The change log, could be included.

With respect to whether the maps can be modified once a beta is released, the author of the map can clearly do so.

Thus they would be updated for future betas or the final version.

Good. Then I can probably get to finishing up Dis and completing the Doom 1 maps, since mine is the sole outlier, and the TNT ones will take a fair bit more work to optimize them to not run so lousy in spots.

6 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

^ Good stuff, thanks, but I feel this is substantial enough that it should be on its own article.

Probably should be once there's enough to show off some screenshots and stuff. You know slick promotion packages are part of any good mod nowadays. Especially if this project is trying for a Cacoward out of sheer technical impressiveness.

Don't know what the Doom Wiki's policy towards that is, though. @Quasar and @fraggle are admins there, maybe if they catch this notification, they can tell us what they'd prefer?

Please move into a separate article, fan mods don't belong on a page about the official port (this is not any kind of comment on the quality of this mod, I'm sure it's great).

3 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Please move into a separate article, fan mods don't belong on a page about the official port (this is not any kind of comment on the quality of this mod, I'm sure it's great).

I'll work on that right now then. I only put it there because I saw a brief mention of the Playstation Doom TC.

At last we can see both the nightmare spider demon and nightmare cyber demon in one map, even the dead bodies of them that I've posted. first of all, what I needed is rainbow colors in the map as well the club doom music theme inside. but the soundtrack didn't play after entering the boss room, any suggestions why?

Untitled6.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled5.png

Theres another pic showing how inverted the nightmare cyber demon looks like with the vision from the invulnerability sphere

Untitled4.png

2 minutes ago, RonLivingston said:

first of all, what I needed is rainbow colors in the map as well the club doom music theme inside. but the soundtrack didn't play after entering the boss room, any suggestions why?

You'll need to set a linedef trigger with special 142, and when the player crosses that line, it should kick in.

Of course, it also could be because our "testing version" doesn't actually have the PCM/CD Audio for the track.

In fact, thinking about it, that's pretty likely the reason why.

27 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Of course, it also could be because our "testing version" doesn't actually have the PCM/CD Audio for the track.

In fact, thinking about it, that's pretty likely the reason why.

Oh yes, I already did the sector tags for this one and did the 142 special, but apparently it may be correct that the testing version dose not have the soundtrack

59 minutes ago, RonLivingston said:

Oh yes, I already did the sector tags for this one and did the 142 special, but apparently it may be correct that the testing version dose not have the soundtrack

I guess there's two choices then - you could send it to Team GEC and have them test it for you, or they might be able to provide you a "testing build" that includes that data (although it'd be slightly bigger than the normal).

E3M8: Dis completed! Time for some evil screenshots to whet your appetite until you can play it in the next beta (presumably). With this, all the Ultimate Doom maps are completed.

Needless to say, the map is a lot harder now, especially from pistol start. And there's one little thing I've kept out of these screenshots just so you've still got at least one surprise to contend with when you get to play it. :)

But it is possible - I promise!

PSXDOOM-181023-210704.png

PSXDOOM-181023-210744.png

PSXDOOM-181023-210833.png

2 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Wow, I do like this main change on map. It's creepy in a good way.

Considering that's pretty much literally the whole map, that's about all I can do with it, really. There's not exactly different "parts" of the map - it's an arena, win or die. :P

If you like that though, you'll love it when I get some good, solid screenshots of the TNT maps I'm doing. Atmosphere is what defined PS1 Doom for me.

That version of Dis is a big improvement over the original, and that's even with the PSX limitations.