Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Doom builder 2 make line straight

I want make vertical line but it should be straight. How can i do? I dont want move each corn and look optically on straightness... it cost many tme.

Unbenannt.png.be314421c1bc44c3fa0f858f90cabd1c.png

First off, increase the grid size. sticking to a size of 1 is not an easy thing to utilise. Secondly, with the larger grid-size, re-alligning the vertecies to said larger grid. Trust me, it's faster than you may think. ;)

11 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

First off, increase the grid size. sticking to a size of 1 is not an easy thing to utilise. Secondly, with the larger grid-size, re-alligning the vertecies to said larger grid. Trust me, it's faster than you may think. ;)

Yes, but the grid is too big. I have another idea and it work better. I have drown one big vertical linedef and moved it on the place where I want fix straigtness. With shift+move i have conected all corns into big vertical line. It work better.

I hope for more fast option. It will save more time.

I think a good way to build walls like in your screenshot is creating most of the geometry somewhere else in the map (empty spot, basically), at a 90° angle, so that adding vertices won't "drag" the geometry around in unfavourable ways: When you have it done roughly the way you want to, copy+ paste the whole thing where you need it to be, rotate the whole geometry while holding down shift so you can get the angle that you need, and there you have it. This method makes it such that you get to keep the straight line and the 90° angles in most cases, or at least it will create the illusion that it's all 90° angles and a straight line, which I'm guessing is what you're looking to get.

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

First off, increase the grid size. sticking to a size of 1 is not an easy thing to utilise

What you see there is grid size 4, not grid size 1.

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Secondly, with the larger grid-size, re-alligning the vertecies to said larger grid.

This will make straight lines at "odd angles" even less likely, especially once you add sector detailing, or it will make the whole process of adding sector detailing much less flexible. And by "odd angles" I mean angles that aren't a multiple of 45°.

One easy way to find specific angles off an established line is through the curve linedef feature. In the case of perpendicular lines, or 90 degree turns, use angle: 270, vertices: 2, and fixed circular curve. From there you have a set of reference lines you can use to further draw with, or just be lazy and copy+paste them around, then cut to length and stitch, heh.