Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Doom Wiki photo hunt

Attention Doom collectors and fans, the Doom Wiki could use your help, as always.

We've accumulated quite a few articles about merchandise that are in need of pics, and have neglected to even create a few more based on complete lack of availability. Here's a list of what would be great to have:

• Gaming Heads Patriotguy and Pinkguy figures
  • FunKo Mystery Minis - both a clear shot of the E3 cyberdemon, and all Doom-related items from the Bethesda All-Stars blind boxes (including Commander Keen)
  • FunKo Pop! figures - Doomguys of any coloration, and the cyberdemon are all needed Only Doomguy(s) of other colors, and cyberdemon in box are now needed (thanks MrDeAD1313 and Dragonfly)
  • GameStop demon foil cards - any of the nine that come with the Doom 2016 collector's edition but weren't part of the four released earlier (thanks Man of Doom!)
  • Cacodemon coin bank (the type used to make Romero's physical Cacoward)
  • Doom 2016-themed Thrustmaster headsets
  • Doomguy action figure (the $300 one)
  • Absolutely ANY books about Doom that aren't already pictured on the wiki (ask if yours is/are needed)

Bonus points:

• Packaging shots to go with the respective items
  • Stuff not on the list above that you think might be of interest. I am probably not even aware of all the stuff Bethesda keeps pumping out, let alone some things that might have existed from longer ago that fell through the cracks.

So what are the rules and suggestions?

• You either own the item and took the pictures of it yourself, or you got permission for the photo to be hosted on the wiki w/o limitations (photographer must waive all rights under copyright law; attribution will be given). I can dl shit from ebay just as well as anybody, but that doesn't really make it legal.
  • One item per pic is best. Group photos in addition to individual items are cool though. Don't group unrelated items though (ie, FunKo Pop in same pic with Patriotguy is no good for fair use reasons).
  • Absolutely no watermarks.
  • Reasonable quality is needed. Clear hi-res pics without excessive darkness, motion blur, or important details obscured by specular light spots are most desired.
Edited by Quasar : Updated for caco bank

I'm neither a collector nor a photographer which explains why these pics might be awful and partly for not having the original boxes (thank my 4 year old daughter for that :)) but here's what I have to contribute. Hope it helps :)

Spoiler

20180617_102003.jpg20180617_101928.jpg20180617_101858.jpg20180617_102018.jpg

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say I admire the work you're doing with Doom 2016, Quasar, considering it's just you working on that content. I just wish I could help in some way, even for something like this but alas...

Those are actually quite all exemplary of great pics for the wiki; thanks guys.

Maybe Doom Eternal Quasar, maybe that will be the day i will be helpful for Newfangled Doom content.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

Do you think we could make use of this?

Yes, if we can get the necessary permissions.

On 6/17/2018 at 9:19 AM, Quasar said:
  • Absolutely ANY books about Doom that aren't already pictured on the wiki (ask if yours is/are needed)

Strategy guide related:

- Prima's 3D Action Gamer's Bible

- Prima's Final Doom Game Secrets Unauthorized

- Hexen The Official Strategy Guide

- Totally Unauthorized Hexen Strategy Guide

Programming related:

- Gardens of Imagination: Programming 3D Maze Games in C/C++

- Black Art of 3D Game Programming

Also, potentially Joe Pantuso's "Doom Game Editor" if that one's wanted.  My copy has some major sticker crud on the front cover that I may or may not be able to cleanly remove, if there's interest I'll take a shot at it and let you know.

Edited by ETTiNGRiNDER : One more, tentatively

1 hour ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Strategy guide related:

- Prima's 3D Action Gamer's Bible

- Prima's Final Doom Game Secrets Unauthorized

- Hexen The Official Strategy Guide

- Totally Unauthorized Hexen Strategy Guide

Programming related:

- Gardens of Imagination: Programming 3D Maze Games in C/C++

- Black Art of 3D Game Programming

Also, potentially Joe Pantuso's "Doom Game Editor" if that one's wanted.  My copy has some major sticker crud on the front cover that I may or may not be able to cleanly remove, if there's interest I'll take a shot at it and let you know.

All of these would be fantastic if you have the time and patience :)

I've got Dafydd Ab Hugh's "Knee Deep in the Dead" and "Hell on Earth" novels, as well as the Doom Survivor's guide if pics of those are needed! 

Just now, Gifty said:

I've got Dafydd Ab Hugh's "Knee Deep in the Dead" and "Hell on Earth" novels, as well as the Doom Survivor's guide if pics of those are needed! 

We've got those, but thanks for the consideration.

I was honestly just assuming that might be what you were asking about. It came to mind when I read that post since I just saw it myself for the first time yesterday :D

If I could be picky on Quasar's behalf, I'd suggest retaking the photos ensuring no part of the money box is cropped off, and it taken in an area with natural lighting, with no flash from your camera. :)

Looks like this callout for additional photography's paying off!

I've retaken the photo and will edit the prior post.

Edit: Done

On 6/19/2018 at 3:35 PM, Quasar said:

All of these would be fantastic if you have the time and patience :)

And done, including Doom Game Editor which cleaned up easier than I'd anticipated.  Hopefully they suit well enough.