Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShermanFromDeath

The NEW Icon of Sin (2018 Edition!)

I checked your 2016 thread for comparison. There you stated that the map was tested in GZDoom. I assume that the same is true for this map. Unfortunately, that's about all you said in the 2016 thread.

So, a request for additional information in this current thread:

• Screenshots
  • What compatibility were you targeting (yes, it was tested in GZDoom, but was it supposed to be Boom, vanilla, etc.)?

34 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

I checked your 2016 thread for comparison. There you stated that the map was tested in GZDoom. I assume that the same is true for this map. Unfortunately, that's about all you said in the 2016 thread.

So, a request for additional information in this current thread:

• Screenshots
  • What compatibility were you targeting (yes, it was tested in GZDoom, but was it supposed to be Boom, vanilla, etc.)?

1. Yes.

2. I will try to get some screenshots.

16 minutes ago, ShermanFromDeath said:

1. Yes.

That wasn't a yes/no question!

We need to know what source port you are targeting to know what source port to play this in. Is it GZDoom, or is it something else?

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

Is it GZDoom, or is it something else?

Yes.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that his "Yes" was in reference to Pegleg assuming that the map had been tested in GZDoom (as the previous version had been), but we can't be sure.

At first glance, I thought he was saying "Yes" to the screenshots point, which made even less sense until I finished reading.

How about this question: @ShermanFromDeath, what port did you test your map with?

35 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Arguably it's not even a Mathematicians Answer, because "yes" is in no way a valid answer to any interpretation of the question.  The original question was "What compatibility were you targeting?" and "Yes" is not a compatibility.

There's a certain type of person who does this, and it always drives my nuts.  "Do you want to meet at mine first, or yours?"  "Yes".  Gah!

Also, we know he tested the map in GZDoom.  What we're trying to find out is what source port he targeted.  I could test anything in GZDoom, doesn't mean it was made for it.

I tested the map and yes, it is GZDoom. It seems he builded the map in Boom Format, but it doesn't work in Boom because No tagged action linedefs.

OK. We've established two things: the map was designed for Boom but won't work in that format and ShermanfromDeath is apparently the type of guy who responds to the question, "Blondes, brunettes, or redheads?" by replying "Yes." (If you would prefer you could substitute "Vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry" in and it works just as well.)

Once the screenshots get posted, we can get back to the business of reviewing the map.

11 hours ago, ShermanFromDeath said:

It works with GZDoom

No screenshots, no downloading.

Okay I took the screenshots for you:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180730_203639.png.036fcf82a52661593d72e4cc9421535a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180730_203654.png.91fec1a0adf49e5be5b6db0324f42c03.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180730_203703.png.a98374fff6de46c3cf3574c1d413690e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180730_203743.png.7a368f4ed7f340fdde3a38384ade9ec9.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180730_203755.png.8543bfbbce4f380a9f70ad07b6c38edc.png

(I remembered to disable player sprites, but forgot to hide HUD until the final two screenies, but then I turned off AO and forgot to turn it back on. Smh)

Okay and the rest of the shit:

Source port: GZDoom.

Freelook: doesn't seem to need it, but is recommended.

Jumping/crouching: no, but doesn't seem to break anything.

IWAD: Doom2.wad

Map replaced: Map30

far too easy, just run to the fight and shoot till it dies. on nightmare from pistol start you can do it easily in like 25 seconds without getting hit once, the invuln sphere is massive over kill too. really need to balence out the map so you cant just stay on that top platform and spam rockets killing it without giving it the chance to spawn any threats