Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mun

Articles 13 and 11 From The Copyright Directive Passed By The European Parliament. Major Problems Arise.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, Solmyr said:

Did that actually happened? If so, L M A O 

I can't believe american lawmakers were trying to pass laws regarding that ridiculous shit. How the USA was going to enfroce that? They were against the creation of the International Penal Court back in 2001, their government bullied several countries against voting for it and offered shady bilateral treaties, and they couldn't prevent it. No wonder most of their citizens thinks their politicians, lawmakers and congressmen are idiots.

The US is not technically a signatory of the International Criminal Court because even though President Clinton signed it, the Senate did not ratify it.  Under the US system, it requires Senate ratification.

Many Senators also expressed disapproval at having US citizens being subjected to extrajudicial actions and the potential loss of sovereignty to foreign entities.  Few governments would give up that kind of control to foreign governments.   

There was talk years ago about powers that pushed for the internet to become like payment telly. Nothing came of it that time, but maybe it is the planned future long time goal as law makers try to push laws like this through time again.

Well during President of USA Barack Obama era law regulations we heard about ACTA,but European Parliament back then they rejected it.Anyway do you guys think are there any chances that if some fangame will be blocked by some lawyers and reported by some artificial intelligence YouTube scripts named bots will person who started some game project related to some old IP to earn some money not only spend money for some premium very expensive licence I mean permission?I guess these will have some limits of fangame distributions.

https://ustr.gov/acta

On 6/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, Nems said:

Anyone willing to give up this easily at the first sight of bad news and not continue to fight bullshit policies like this don't deserve things like net neutrality and an open internet.

Quoting myself because I feel like it needs to be said again considering this shit is back (again). Raise a fucking stink regardless if it passes or not. Don't go quietly. Throw a Goddamn fit. Resist in any way possible. I don't care if you're in the EU, USA, or fucking Narnia. Be willing to fight, even if it means to the death.

People who won't fight for anything important like this deserve to have it taken away from them.

Well guys, it was nice knowing ya. I had a lot of fun this past year but due to how greedy the EU is, I must bid you fair well should the future keep on barreling to the dark side. Shame, since I would have loved to work on many community projects and help those new to DooM editing learn a few tricks; or casually chat with you's about anything.

-Heich Productions

6 hours ago, luke11685 said:

I heard Bach music compositions was owned by Sony I also heard European Parliament temporarily rejected new copyright law(they started talking about it in July or August this year)named EPICA I have no idea what this shortcut means.Soon fanarts and fanmade videos and fanmade music tracks re-arrangements will be treated equally as copyright infridgement due to revivals of some old pc games I mean risky attempts of distributing some unfinished game projects also speaking of fanmade video game remakes.Will this affect and concern cosplays from movies and video games too?

Speaking of this problem I guess Sony could not be so greed if they did finish SNES CD, Nintendo Play Station and Nintendo 64 Disk Drive for Nintendo,but Sega be in Sony's place nowadays if Sega Technical Institute could buy Sony Music.It's obvious after Michael Jackson's death his family decided to sell Epic Music Records to Sony Music.Did some music company even exist in XVII and XVIII centuries back then?Who owned first his music compositions after his death?

All of these "farewells" tells me that the net was their life or something like that when it's not. Those words sounds like the words of someone who lose...

I think all of you are jumping to conclusions too soon. I don't think that the laws will be implemented and used immediately, probably in a progressive way for sure but...nah...if you want to lose before doing anything, go ahead, up to you...

Oh dear, how did this article got passed by a landslide? Well I guess I'll try my best to fight it, and I hope all of you guys will do the same.

The web is and will always be an important and integral part of our current society, be it for social or business reasons the free net is important and unnecessary restrictions like this give nothing but power to the powerful and negatively impact society as a whole (and besides, as sad as it sounds, the net is literally all some people have in their lives and that alone makes it worth "fighting" for).

I'm already doing everything I can to help hopefully repeal this, it's very important for a lot of people.

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

All of these "farewells" tells me that the net was their life or something like that when it's not. Those words sounds like the words of someone who lose...

I think all of you are jumping to conclusions too soon. I don't think that the laws will be implemented and used immediately, probably in a progressive way for sure but...nah...if you want to lose before doing anything, go ahead, up to you...

Another sad thing is that some people on this thread act like they are powerless to stop this because in their mindset politicians and large corporations are all powerful and society has to suck it up and accept their every whim, when in fact laws depend heavily on whether society acknowledges and supports them, governments can't implement and enforce laws if society is opposing them. If enough social awareness is raised then the text of article 11 might be modified before it is finally approved in 2019.

Edited by Solmyr

Well in Poland in 80's I heard pirated copies of movies like Star Wars and Blade Runner were sold on VHS cassettes Blade Runner was translated as just Runner and New Hope was just a Star Wars (lector was different) it wasn't illegal back then in mid-90's piracy was over https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_1994 it didn't affect only New Zealand,but also Poland I guess I don't know I'm not sure because I have not come to the world yet.However I played Pegasus I guess in 90's it was cheaper solution (after downfall of USSR it affected and concerned Poland in 1945 to 1989 however soviet union of Russia no longer existed after 1991) yeah it was cheaper version of NES back then you could buy Pegasus on polish fairs even hand-held console Game 999-in-1 it was looking like cheap version of Nintendo Game Boy,but with 8-bit black and white graphics gameplay dynamics was more like in Nintendo Game & Watch.Polish economy was too weak to make polish Nintendo and Sega official headquarters so we had to find another ways to distribute these consoles however back then I guess rest of european countries were afford for official Sega and Nintendo consoles to sell them much easier than in Poland.As you see it was old geopolitical stuff.Back then for my country I still live in these were more simple times.

12 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Nah, that's just me expecting the worst, that way I can't have any more negative surprises.

I don't expect anything positive to come out of this despite not giving up, yet I can already taste defeat. Can't remember the last fight I won...

Well first polish copyright law was created in 1926 en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_law_of_Poland European Union was created in 1994 Poland is in membership with European Union since 2004.

On 12 September 2018 at 8:07 PM, Nems said:

Quoting myself because I feel like it needs to be said again considering this shit is back (again). Raise a fucking stink regardless if it passes or not. Don't go quietly. Throw a Goddamn fit. Resist in any way possible. I don't care if you're in the EU, USA, or fucking Narnia. Be willing to fight, even if it means to the death.

People who won't fight for anything important like this deserve to have it taken away from them.

I for one did my part. I did my best to make people aware and contacted my MEP who, granted, did vote against. Outside of rioting in the streets, what else is there? Clearly these arseholes are not listening to us.

What we need is for the tech giants to get the normies on board. How? Block social media for EU IPs for, say, a day. Greet them with a message stating that, in preparation for the EUCD, acces has been blocked. See how they react.

Edited by scalliano : Can't type on a smartphone :/

I seriously wish the EU collapses off into the ground if this law gets passed. No one's interested in staying in a corrupted, anti-democratic union where they will only get more and more fucked and silenced. Better is the EU nations leaving it and suffering the consequences instead.

United Kingdom have now Brexit,but European Union wants partnership with Great Britain.

https://www.google.pl/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/allies-poland-and-hungary-reject-eu-budget-cuts-and-migration-1.3495070%3fmode=amp I guess George Soros dropped fingers in this.Anyway what this EPICA shortcut means?I was trying to Google it,but I didn't find it even in Wikipedia.

I really hope Finland will do a "Fixit" soon and leave the EU. Not gonna happen anytime soon though because our politicians are slaves to big banks and corporations and the country is totally corrupt at the moment even it's branded as one of the least corrupted countries in the world :D

20 hours ago, Pirx said:

why are there always morons in important jobs?

They're either just nice enough to others and/or just smart enough to network with the right people to keep themselves in their own jobs.

Ffs not in this thread as well. ^^

If this was actually reported, say on BBC radio 1, then the cause would get a major boost. Seems most people don't really know about this.

13 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

I seriously wish the EU collapses off into the ground if this law gets passed.

All this talk about EU collapsing but honestly I suspect it's a "when" not "if" scenario, regardless of whether this gets greelit or not.

Many people and politicians appear to see the EU as shining with the light of a dead star.

I agree that the EU is doomed, and it's a matter of if, not when. it is beset by serious political and economic flaws. their governance model is too top-heavy and bureaucratic, and is unable to address the longstanding differences between European nations. the migrant crisis is greatly accelerating the collapse due to the massive pressures and polarization it's causing, and the EUs inability to respond effectively. it's also economically unsound, as revealed by the sovereign debt crisis. there are no exit clauses or mechanisms for dealing with a country racking up debt, which can lead to a huge amount of dead weight loss if an entire country's debt needs to be written off. in addition, it has a unified monetary policy (all member states use the Euro) combined with a divided fiscal policy (different member states have different economic situations). this leads to a relatively inflexible and inefficient economic system that is ill-equipped to deal with situations like the sovereign debt crisis.

this, combined with their attempt to penalize Hungary, will hasten the fall.

What if Cyberpunk technology and cities could be real in life someday in the future? You know total downfall of politicians replaced by corporations sounds like science-fiction I'm just kidding don't take it too seriously.

21 hours ago, scalliano said:

Outside of rioting in the streets, what else is there? Clearly these arseholes are not listening to us.

There is a growing sentiment in Russia that riots in the streets are literally the only weapon we can use against the government. Like, nothing else has an effect and all this activism on the internet is basically ignored by the people in power. If you want them to pay attention to your grievances, you need a physical representation of these grievances. Closing a website for a day doesn't frighten the government, it just makes that day more inconvenient for us, commoners (which is why websites often provide a way to bypass the block, haha).

5 minutes ago, Memfis said:

There is a growing sentiment in Russia that riots in the streets are literally the only weapon we can use against the government.

I'm not trying to advocate rioting, but I have to agree with this statement. People tend to notice when a riot breaks out, and I'd imagine that this would apply to the idiots in power, as well.

You want them to pay attention, so you have to force them to pay attention.