Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mun

Articles 13 and 11 From The Copyright Directive Passed By The European Parliament. Major Problems Arise.

What did I learn from this thread about the Internet disappearing? Greece used to be a cool place to migrate to and Epica both exists and sux.

Can these new people who have come out of the woodwork go back in and stop besmirching our beautiful doomworld with their taint.

I know this is what usually uncle Google showed me when I was trying to find what epica was he found some music band instead of new copyright law.

So what's the future of it?If some bots for instance will delete some tutorials of older Epic Games game engines will it be available at least in darknet if someone will make database backup first?

On 10/10/2018 at 4:37 AM, luke11685 said:

will it be available at least in darknet if someone will make database backup first?

AFAIK, at least theoretically, anything that's "off the grid" will still be "off the grid" and largely unaffected, which seems to be one of the criticisms of these bills (that it's more likely to just be a pain in the ass for hosting platforms and casual internet users than to actually cut down on organized piracy to any large degree).

Still, it's worth considering that stuff being mirrored onto a darknet will at the very least require:

- Someone being bothered enough with it to do so, having the files in question before they disappeared, and keeping them maintained according to whatever requirements the alternate network has for things staying available (Do they have to host it off their computer, re-upload it to a communal cloud to refresh it every now and again, use some darknet hosting service that might be shady and/or easier to shut down than they'd like you to think?  AFAIK these systems are far from foolproof when it comes to file persistence).

- That access to such networks doesn't get blocked, which still seems to be in the clear for now, but in a future where this goes through it wouldn't be surprising to see that on the hit list in times to come.

Basically there's no counting on any old files being preserved unless you're rolling your sleeves up and doing it yourself, which is a lesson I've learned the hard way just in terms of the loss of stuff from crusty old websites that have died simply from whoever maintained them pulling the plug rather than anything more sinister.  If there's something you'd rather not see disappear, hang onto a well-backed-up personal copy for yourself at the very least.

If I could work for some company,studio or corporation and non disclosure act NDA could concern me.What way could be to share restricted and confidential informations of movie,music,literature or video games to bypass NDA violation to avoid lawsuit in the future?Did this NDA existed in the 90's of XX century or just in beginning of XXI century?What if Internet was never invented I mean existed?Could DMCA,new copyright law and NDA laws exist nowadays?How crowdfunding platforms and job application like Glasdoor could look nowadays without network access?Could Nintendo be still making Nintendo Power magazines?Could copyright laws look more simple nowadays?At the same time life could be more complicated don't you think?Commercials I guess could be still on TV that's the only way of distribution in alternate history.Does it sounds like science-fiction novel or not?Denuvo DRM is frustrating.

Edited by luke11685