Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Perfect Dark Zero is Underappreciated

While not as super amazing and masterful like Perfect Dark, it's still good on its own. Game is fun, it still has some things from the N64 classic such as getting additional objectives on higher difficulties, and the update patch improved PDZ. Game is decent and better than Battlefield in my opinion. ^^

I'm way more of a fanboy for Perfect Dark than I should be, but I remember feeling extremely "meh" with PDZ. I'd be willing to try it again, but nopcportlmao

To each his own then...

I personally think it's pretty lackluster. It fails to live up to its predecessor in almost every way. The only thing I like better is the playable frame rate. PD dips into the single digits a lot, which really hinders the game.

I respect your opinion. I once really liked GoldenEye: Rogue Agent a lot, until I realized it was actually a really bad game. PDZ is just meh IMO.

I think PDZ is a pretty solid game for when it came out. Visually it was quite impressive for late 2005 as well. Unfortunately it hasn't aged the best in that regard, but I think the gameplay still holds up. When I go back to it I appreciate that there's still a ton of stuff to shoot at. It was at a time where first person shooters still felt more old-school when it came to combat and this is generally what I prefer. I can definitely see where original Goldeneye and Perfect Dark fans are coming from in terms of not caring for PDZ much, but I always felt the later Timesplitters games were the true successors to those classics, and PDZ just kind of stood on its own as its own thing.

8 hours ago, R4L said:

PD dips into the single digits a lot, which really hinders the game.

Well thankfully there's a special emulator for it which can play it at a consistent 60 fps, it even has mouse and keyboard support which is really nice.

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

Well thankfully there's a special emulator for it which can play it at a consistent 60 fps, it even has mouse and keyboard support which is really nice.

I'm aware. It's the best way to play it IMO. The PD remaster on Xbox is really good but the controls suck.

12 hours ago, R4L said:

To each his own then...

I personally think it's pretty lackluster. It fails to live up to its predecessor in almost every way. The only thing I like better is the playable frame rate. PD dips into the single digits a lot, which really hinders the game.

I respect your opinion. I once really liked GoldenEye: Rogue Agent a lot, until I realized it was actually a really bad game. PDZ is just meh IMO.

Perfect Dark is better than Zero, but PDZ is still nice to play.

I really liked PDZ and I really appreciate the amount of options it gave you; split screen or online coop, 4-player split competitive and online, and picking what weapons are in the maps and difficulty changing objectives in missions. Games released the same year and ever since don't do as much as it did as a launch title for 360.

That said, it needed a lot more polish and a couple fundamental changes to make it truly great. Timesplitters felt like a more true evolution of Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and its upsetting they never got remastered/more sequels.

There is a TimeSplitters Rewind game intended for both PC and PS4 which got a teaser in early 2017. Also earlier this year there was a news article explaining that it is still being worked on.

Rewind has been worked on since well before this console generation even started. I'll believe it when I see it.

Crytek was also foolish to acquire Free Radical and NOT let them work on Timesplitters related stuff.

They bought the right to Homefront, had Free Radical work on a brand new game, years later they couldn't pay the staff and sold them and the rights to Homefront off.

Instead they could've taken a small chance on Timesplitters by first making a remaster of the three games, combining them into one, put in online, and release it. If it doesn't sale, oh well, it didn't cost that much to make, if it sells well, go on and make a full sequel. Instead they made them make a different game and shit the bed.

I played the demo and was unimpressed, never picked up the game proper until Rare Replay came around. It's a solid meh to me, I still haven't really played it beyond the first couple missions.

10 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Rewind has been worked on since well before this console generation even started. I'll believe it when I see it.

I never said it wasn't, I merely mentioned about a teaser from last year and the news article from this year as the last few bits of information regarding it.

18 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Crytek was also foolish to acquire Free Radical and NOT let them work on Timesplitters related stuff.

They bought the right to Homefront, had Free Radical work on a brand new game, years later they couldn't pay the staff and sold them and the rights to Homefront off.

Instead they could've taken a small chance on Timesplitters by first making a remaster of the three games, combining them into one, put in online, and release it. If it doesn't sale, oh well, it didn't cost that much to make, if it sells well, go on and make a full sequel. Instead they made them make a different game and shit the bed.

All Crytec cares about are the graphics. Had Crisis 2 and 3 not focused on the graphics, they would have been loved entries on consoles. I mean, who cares about the vegetation's looks? What about the gameplay, Crytec? Wait, you demonstrate a frog jumping? What in the world...Crisis is seriously overrated.

xbone x plays both games 60fps, i also believe that Zero has aged quite good and is actually fun to play, i was also very underwhelmed in 2005 when first released,  the rare replay version has changed my mind its really quite enjoyable