Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Miasmic Realms terry wadish? I need expert opinions. Updates coming nonetheless.   

1 member has voted

1. 1. What best describes your overall experience in playing this wad? https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/98241-doom-64-multiplayer-more/

• My eyes bled through enduring them all.
    • It's alright... for trolls!
    • I've seen better scripting.
    • Apart from the hastey sector construction, I felt the gameplay fit the ammo count.
    • Best damn ACS mods I've seen lately.
  2. 2. Do you feel all Doom faculties are tested with this mapset? (dodging, aiming, jumping, etc.)

• This is not even fit for modern gaming.
    • This shoddily gives my reflexes a test.
    • This vaguely reminds me of the platformers of today.
    • The timer fits just fine with the imposed challenge.
    • I would recommend this to new and old school players alike.

What maps? Where's link and screenshots? I can't vote if I've never seen your wad, lol. 

this just comes off as insecure just because you didn't get much of a warm reception on your project but hey you're trying? to improve maybe so whatever

I tried to google for this 'Miasmic Realms' project of yours and this very thread is the only relevant result I found. Post a link to the wad/pk3 please.

This is the download link, to simplify matters.

There was confusion in that thread, too. The issue of terrywads came up as well. In that thread, you stated that the mega-project was incomplete. Have you completed it? Regardless, it's probably a good idea to put a download link in the actual thread instead of in the question. And given the responses you've gotten in this thread, you may have wanted to include a question, "Have you played the megawad Miasmic Realms?"

From the screenshots you showed in the original thread, some of them look interesting, some look ... odd. For instance, I'm not sure what's going on in the map shown in the link description above.

If you made a terry wad, you probably wouldn't announce it as a terry wad. That's just my opinion. As for your other questions, I can understand why you would ask, although the particular way you've decided to go about it probably won't get many responses. You released the maps 6 months ago and none of the people who responded in that thread have yet responded in this one (and there were only 3 or 4 in that one).

50 maps of varying styles (slaughtermaps, some of them Doom 64, with varying multiplayer styles hardcoded in) may be a big ask. You may try to releasing them in smaller chunks (the Doom 64 maps, the CTF maps, the LMS maps, the maps with no multiplayer element, etc.) And include all the information about the different sets you release (updated screenshots, target port, what ports you've tested it in, which maps are replaced, etc.). That may get you a better reception.