Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TerminusEst13

[Z-ports] Hellshots Golf v1.1

This is good. Like really really good. I just finished the whole thing and, while I'm not the biggest fan of golf, the environments were more than enough to keep me hooked. Some of the stuff here is very creative, accompained by some great variety, and I definitely would like to see some regular Doom maps with the aesthetics shown here.

My only complaint is that some of the maps can get a bit frustrating at times (I finished one of them with 25 strokes) but, to be fair, it's never too terrible and the mod doesn't punish you for not being perfect (unless not getting a round of applause classifies as a punishment for you). Also, I feel like the ending is very abrupt. You finish the last level and unceremoniously get kicked back to the first one. Even a default cast sequence would've done the trick :P

And lastly, a little bug I spotted on GOLF04:

Spoiler

The midtexture here (near the start of the map) doesn't have the same Y offsets on both sides, so it looks weird if you move back and forth.

ks6p6Fz.png

EDIT: Just watched the trailer and realised I didn't play with the correct HUD. Oops.

Hey folks, some people figured out a couple ways to cheat and horribly break things, so now there's a quick 1.1 build.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:30 PM, KVELLER said:

This is good. Like really really good. I just finished the whole thing and, while I'm not the biggest fan of golf, the environments were more than enough to keep me hooked. Some of the stuff here is very creative, accompained by some great variety, and I definitely would like to see some regular Doom maps with the aesthetics shown here.

Thank you very much for playing.

My only complaint is that some of the maps can get a bit frustrating at times (I finished one of them with 25 strokes) but, to be fair, it's never too terrible and the mod doesn't punish you for not being perfect (unless not getting a round of applause classifies as a punishment for you). Also, I feel like the ending is very abrupt. You finish the last level and unceremoniously get kicked back to the first one. Even a default cast sequence would've done the trick :P

I'd like to add some more maps in the future, maybe an additional 18 holes.

Sometime down the line, I'll add some kind of credits sequence/fancy winning sequence for offline players.

And lastly, a little bug I spotted on GOLF04:

Hide contents

The midtexture here (near the start of the map) doesn't have the same Y offsets on both sides, so it looks weird if you move back and forth.

ks6p6Fz.png

EDIT: Just watched the trailer and realised I didn't play with the correct HUD. Oops.

Fixed, thank you.

Development on v2 has officially started. Will release once I have another 18 maps. Hopefully this doesn't take another half a year.

fQikqnU.jpg