Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

hellstorms

because its dramatic and cool and seriously adds to the map's atmosphere

i hope you aren't expecting some sort of scientific explanation, because i'm reasonably certain this wasn't a consideration at all when they made the effect

I always ignored a lot of the lore (I didn't read much as a kid) and imagined the places in Doom 64 as an alien world that we imagined as hell, haha.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, Immorpher said:

I always ignored a lot of the lore (I didn't read much as a kid) and imagined the places in Doom 64 as an alien world that we imagined as hell, haha.

From what I've heard that's pretty much what the Doom novels did, too.

12 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

From what I've heard that's pretty much what the Doom novels did, too.

Ba-dum-tss.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, Immorpher said:

I always get a chuckle when people talk about the lore of Doom. In my mind, any lore was retroactively created after the fact--the "lore" was essentially:

You're the last surviving marine at a base on Phobos where they were performing experiments with portals that led to some sort of invasion1. Clean up the base and go home. Once you're in Hell, the only way out is through.

1 The invaders are demons, aliens, and/or mutants. The documentation (box and manual) basically say all three in different places.

That's probably where I got that seed implanted in my head! I have always preferred sci-fi explanations over fantasy explanations.

Because there's a giant cacodemon that lives above hell and throws up constantly he's quite a nuisance  

12 hours ago, hellcat said:

Because there's a giant cacodemon that lives above hell and throws up constantly he's quite a nuisance  

Ha! Like that damn candle imp I wish I could kill!