Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

HUMP mini Community Project (Now on Idgames!)

I might give this a try. More for the challenge of mapping in pure vanilla than anything else.

No more slots left,we have achieved getting 9 mappers for this project!Due to this project filling up so early i decided that the project will be enlarged if we get more than 4 mappers in the "interested mappers" list (which is highly unlikely) untill 02/07 and if only one mapper emerges untill that time i shall open my slot up for them. (i will still be making a map because i like mapping and because it can act as a replacement map for if a member decides to randomly quit in the middle of the session)

Sadly Fishyclockwork left our CP but because of that we got a slot open again,if you want to join now would be the perfect time!

I love how whenever I am free or sleeping nothing happens but if I am with friends or eating people want to join :D

Okay everyone the second week and thus the first week of mapping has begun!
Due to only one other person wanting to join this project i have decided to give up my map slot and give it to @whirledtsar if they wants to. (Which would be great for me because my map is getting larger than i planned.)

Damn. I didn't even see this on time. 

I'll be happy to play the finished product. In the meantime, I'm here if a slot opens up

Also missed this thread. I've had a good time on making map for previous HUMP.

If there is a second episode or an empty slot, I will join.

Hmmm...you know what?If we get another interested mapper i will open the project to everyone!

Because HexenMapper joined the project too this community project will turn into a "free for all" where everyone can join without a slot  limit!
Though due to the different skies used in each episode we will try to switch episodes with the Episode 2 and 1 team.

Done. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y3y8zywmbzw1mu0/prsmelt.zip

"Praevus smeltery" by riderr3
For HUMP Mini project

Advanced engine needed: Vanilla Heretic or Chocolate Heretic
Music: Yew.mid by Ben Wachal
Map: E2M1
Single Player: Designed for
Cooperative: Yes
Deathmatch: Yes
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: 10 days
Editor(s) used: GZDoomBuilder-bugfix, Slade3
Tested With: Chocolate Heretic
Description: It uses E2M1 slot but it's ok if it goes into the first episode.

I'm glad to see that such a large number of people decided to participate in vanilla Heretic project. I hope, that each will get your own satisfaction from this process, even if there are few feedback, as always.

riderr3
You got a good Heretic map, but I have real problems with it - I can not learn it! I spent a lot of time on this map, reached more than once to the exit and on the idea - I should know it well, but it does not happen for me. Every time, after the beginning and some progress the same thing starts for me - where am I? where do I go next? Where did I come from? Oh... This is only my problem, of course, but this is some kind of magic map :)

For a long time I could not find the secret in the rock, I hated this, but after I found it - I liked the map more, heh
Map have good gameplay, lights, mechanics, midi track, I did not notice any technical problems. Couple of funny moments, like a dancing Warrior on teleport and strange appearance Weredragons near the blue key, I noticed this and smiled, thanks for that. I'm attaching a couple of my max demos in vanilla format, maybe you'll find it interesting.

Also guys, if somewhere in another place, maybe on Discord or elsewhere, you recorded demos in vanilla format, if possible - give links here too, I would like to see any Heretic demo records in vanilla format.

prsmelt-max.zip

Heh, I was done with my map Friday night, but I guess I can post it here in case any one wants to test.
heretic01.png.cda5238a449eb493e337b5b0d8366660.pngnogreenkeyhere.png.caf1af47aec5f61d3162262a715fb068.png

More screenshots:

Spoiler

SEEINGREDAGAIN.png.5b301b330485b0f6593e9f6775b66ca0.pngDRAWSEGSMAKESNOSENSE.png.a022b9c97f05eee0f1d312614bcd13d6.pngIDUNNOIFICANADDANYMOREDETAILTOTHISPARTOFTHEMAP.png.dd64b0c0269311b05283ec1777801bcd.pngIMBLUEDABADEE.png.fa4c50de4ed23f7c8718de30f6de87b3.pngPOKEMONREDVERSION.png.ff2633c12ae57b9b1d9234068d6b8e27.pngPOKEMONBLUEVERSION.png.5f481ee02f2ee2beacefe2c54e809794.png

Tomb of Xerxes the Arcane by Xyzzy01
Advanced engine needed: Chocolate or Vanilla Heretic
Music: I dunno, unfortunately T_T
Single Player: Designed for
Cooperative: Yup
Deathmatch: Nope
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: About a week, maybe 8 days; 2 (and a half) days of planning map on paper
Editor(s) used: GZDB-Bugfix, SLADE 3
Tested With: Chocolate Heretic
Description: I have no clue where this map stands among others in an episode, I just know that it's tough. For master sidhe elves only! 
Also the map is only like half of what I originally planned to build thanks to renderer limitations :C
Known Bugs: MAXDRAWSEGS is exceeded when the secret area is opened, a similar smaller HOM appears at the end. MAXVISPLANES can be exceeded in the room with the secret as well. MAXVISSPRITES can be exceeded. Slime trails but that's too petty a problem for me to care, honestly. Items can see seen in the ceiling due to how the rendering engine works. The "sky crushers" are intentional.

Download

Edited by Xyzzy01

I just have to pipe up and say that this is the best name for a community project I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Jthom said:

Is there still time to make a map? If so I am interested. 

Well the mapping part of the project ends on monday so there is time but just not a lot of it.If you think you are cool enough you could try and speedmap these next few days!

Okay everyone mapping time is up!Now it's time to for balancing and bugfixing untill the release!

Played the compilation last night, but I found a bug in the mapinfo lump... My level doesn't have the right music, that is mentioned in the text file, but in the wad it uses the original heretic music...

And congrats everybody for all the good looking maps!

It was a nice ride! Thanks to all who participating.

@SOSU Note that my map (E2M9) also did not have it's midi, but you can leave everything as is, or just add midi track from the wad which I provided.