Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apaul27

Any bad games/mods you want to put in defense?

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

If you have a chance to try that game, and you like old shmups, maybe it's something you enjoy.

Actually from the screenshot, this could be something that I enjoy, but not sure though. Any other old shmups you would recommend?

3 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Actually from the screenshot, this could be something that I enjoy, but not sure though. Any other old shmups you would recommend?

I guess any of the old R-Types are gonna be fine. Older games from the Darius series should be fine as well. There's also some interesting stuff that's been put out there by the publisher "compile" for sega master system and such. Can't really recommend a particular one though, I think they all kinda have a right to their existence. If you haven't already, try the SNES version of "Parodius", it's amazing.

Agreed. The first 3 R-Type games and the Darius series are fine. Maybe Gradius should do it too....

^(Parodius) Ah, I know this game, but I haven't played it yet. I'll try that later today. I always think "57300" has something to do with Konami because this one and some other Gradius games start with this number as hi score.

EDIT: Thanks for the list. Will definitely pay a closer look to it.

@Nine Inch Heels Yeah, I know. I meant they like to put 57300 as the default hi score for some odd reasons. I remember they also did that in Gradius 2 and 3.

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

I always think "57300" has something to do with Konami

IIRC Konami was the publisher for the SNES version of Parodius, but I don't actually remember this too well, heh

Not many people like Dirge of Cerberus, but I do. The environments are kind of bland, the AI is dumb, the story is sometimes frustrating, but I loved customizing my weapons, and I'm something of an admitted fanboy for both Vincent and Yuffie. Plus, the bonus content was really good.

3 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Agreed. The first 3 R-Type games and the Darius series are fine. Maybe Gradius should do it too....

When you said this, I couldn't tell if you were referring to R-Type, Super R-Type and R-Type 3 or R-Type, R-Type 2, and R-Type 3. I wish Super R-Type had never been made, as it somewhat sullies the legacy of my favourite shooter series. Super R-Type is to R-Type 2 as Castlevania X is to Rondo of Blood. 

4 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Not many people like Dirge of Cerberus, but I do. The environments are kind of bland, the AI is dumb, the story is sometimes frustrating, but I loved customizing my weapons, and I'm something of an admitted fanboy for both Vincent and Yuffie. Plus, the bonus content was really good.

When you said this, I couldn't tell if you were referring to R-Type, Super R-Type and R-Type 3 or R-Type, R-Type 2, and R-Type 3. I wish Super R-Type had never been made, as it somewhat sullies the legacy of my favourite shooter series. Super R-Type is to R-Type 2 as Castlevania X is to Rondo of Blood. 

R-Type 1, 2 and 3. Heck....I'll add R-Type Delta too just for the fun of it.

Hey......Dirge of Cerberus was fun to play. And yes, the bonus content was great for the american version. Japanese version sucked in that topic, except for the voices...

9 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Mate.....that's one hell of a game from my childhood. I still remember that game, especially the first 2 levels.....good times

Same. Good memories, glad there's emulators so that I can relive the experience whenever I want.

Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel (Not to be confused with Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel).

People love to rag all over Fallout Tactics, they complain about it not being "true turn based" or "not a real Fallout game" and I'd like to say 1: It's clearly not designed or meant to be played in turn based (in fact the turn based gameplay was tacked on at the end of development), that's why the real time gameplay feature is there and 2: It's a spin off game, of fucking course it's not a "true Fallout game" (whatever that means anyway with the state the franchise is in).

I feel as though Fallout Tactics is an excellent real time strategy game where you control a squad of Brotherhood Knights performing various combat exercises in a disconnected non-cannon section of midwest America, I really like the visuals and the thrill of the intense and difficult real time combat in the classic Fallout isometric perspective and the micromanagement that comes with it. I feel as though the experience is completely ruined by activating turn based mechanics (which reduces the appeal and intensity of having the game in real time) and to be played to it's full potential absolutely MUST be played tactically and carefully but also quickly and daring at the same time.

I've never played an RTS as engaging for me as Fallout Tactics and I don't think I ever will.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

I forgot to mention Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. I played it a lot in the arcade and would usually wreck anyone who challenged me at it. It's sloppy and unbalanced, but I always had fun playing it.

I see Plumbers Don't Wear Ties as one of those games that's meant to be bad. Sure, there's an error with the selection screens (Where you have to sit through the entirety of whatever voice clip was made for a specific choice before you can make another selection), but, other than that, I like the style the game was going for.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:07 AM, GhoulDesecrator said:

image.png.94902c069362e8adf00508e619ae676b.png

That doesn't need any defending it already achieves what it sets out to do lol.