Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pokeman147

looking for people who wanna help me make a doom wad map

the project is called trials of the gods its gonna be a big with a storyline maybe 3 episodes and 10 maps each and a lot of bloodshed this is just the start of it for now but I need doom map makers who know how to make maps textures and more if you wanna help me please send a message to me or reply to this form and if you have discord please put it in the forms or pms ill give out more detail about the game later. if you also have any questions please put it in the form or pms as well. thank you and I hope I get to work with a new team thanks. :)

pokeman147, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Posted (edited)

*Squints at thread title* People who want to help you make a coherent OP? Sure, why not. 

The project will be called Trials of the Gods. It's going to be big, with a story line, with maybe three episodes of ten maps each and a lot of bloodshed. I need people who know how to make maps, textures, and more. If you want to help me, please PM me or reply in this thread (and I'd also like to know if you have Discord). 

I'll discuss the project in more detail later. Feel free to ask questions. Thank you, and I hope I get to work with a new team. Thanks. :)

3 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Heh, I've seen dozens of my own I had grandiose ideas for that ended up being scrapped because they sucked.

But yeah, it's best to have something to show for it before you barrel into it and ask for outside help, because as it stands, when I first glanced at it, I was wondering what exactly you wanted help with and I came to suspect it was "everything."

ok ok now I heard that a lot of them sucked but this time is different I already planned on what the final map will look like on the doom 4 snapmap I made. I also got the doom 2 builder (im still learning on that.) but im working on the start levels entrance by making a blueprint of it before I put it on the doom builder.

Do you have prior experience? If so, show us what you've made previously.

1 hour ago, pokeman147 said:

I already planned on what the final map will look like on the doom 4 snapmap I made

big oof

2 hours ago, pokeman147 said:

but this time is different

oh ok i was about to go on a tirade of terror for a moment there but i've been reassured, carry on

in all seriousness OP I'd probably show off what you have done, preferably with some screenshots and/or wads before you call for help. that way people will have a good idea of what you're going for and it's not just this big "what if" that could easily end up dead in its tracks.

17 hours ago, rdwpa said:

*Squints at thread title* People who want to help you make a coherent OP? Sure, why not. 

You forgot to include *shrugs*, as in:

*shurgs* Sure, why not.

So it sounds like the OP is looking for the following:

• People to make maps (not all 30, though, see below)
  • People to make new textures (including skies)
  • People to make new weapons
  • People to make new monsters
  • People to make new music
  • People with discord servers to publicize this project on their server in order to attract people that don't see this thread

It looks like the OP already has the idea and a plot and is willing to make maps. In fact, the OP is learning to make maps (in Doombuilder 2, I guess) and will, presumably, figure out how to adapt the already-made Doom 2016 snapmap into a format for Doom 2.

So, the OP isn't asking that much, right?

Seriously, @pokeman147, I agree with everyone else on this thread. Please provide us some examples of your work and what you're looking for, or you risk falling into the category of "great new megawad project idea that never gets off the ground because no one has any confidence in it."