Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starkiller

What are your favorite and least-favorite flavors of soda?

I have a dislike for artificial grape anything, it doesn't have to be soda.

Favorite: nearly any cola, Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb (which is sorta cinnamon-y I guess?), Mountain Dew, cherry cola, ginger ale, orange soda, cream soda

Least favorite: Any of those alternative Mountain Dew flavors, like Code Red or Baja Blast.

Not quite least favorite: root beer.  I rarely have a taste for it.

4 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Least favorite: Any of those alternative Mountain Dew flavors, like Code Red or Baja Blast.

I'll have to disagree with you on the Code Red front but otherwise I think we have similar tastes. I decided to try that Mountain Dew Pitch Black, the grape flavored one out of curiosity.  I'm pretty sure I poured it out after 2-3 sips as it was intolerable.

Am I the only one who isn't able to find a difference between Coke and Pepsi? Not that I care, either way. EDIT: Just read that last line again and realised it sounds like "I don't care what you guys think" which isn't the case, far from it, actually. I just meant that I don't care if there's actually a difference between the two sodas.

Cola is probably my favorite, followed by ginger ale. Least favorite? Any diet soda, or any diet food/drink for that matter, I just can't get used to any kind of sweeteners.

Edited by KVELLER : My wording could be better.

Since we're on the topic of soda, could I get some opinions here?  

I had this bad boy back in 2014 and still can't forget how salty it was.  Yeah, there were actual bits of beef jerky at the bottom.

IMG_20141112_203154.jpg

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

Favorite: nearly any cola, Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb (which is sorta cinnamon-y I guess?), Mountain Dew, cherry cola, ginger ale, orange soda, cream soda

Not quite least favorite: root beer.  I rarely have a taste for it.

I've never tried Mr. Pibb. They don't sell it here. But i have played it's 3D first person Action Adventure game for dos computers.

16 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

@MrD!zone It's basically like a slightly sweeter, very slightly more cinnamon-y Dr. Pepper.  I especially like it if I'm eating spicy food since it seems to enhance the spiciness.

Huh.

All Soda based drinks are now basically identical and taste of Stevia in the UK due to the Sugar Tax (besides regular Pepsi and Cola, which has become obscenely expensive in compensation). Sad times.

I'm diabetic, so I rarely drink soda flavored with High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I enjoyed soda most as a kid, when my favorites were Pepsi, Orange Crush, Fanta Grapefruit, Fanta Grape, Tahitian Treat, and Dad's Root Beer. Dad's Root Beer was a Chicago company in those days -- now in Indiana -- and while it's still around, it's hard to find in my part of Wisconsin, as are Vienna Beef Hot Dogs. There is literally no way you can make a true Chicago-style hot dog without using Vienna Beef. It's a rule and is written in the Constitution. ;)

Worth noting -- my favorites on hot, muggy Midwest summer days were Fanta Grapefruit and Orange Crush.

As an adult, my favorites became Coca-Cola Classic, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, A&W Root Beer -- couldn't find Dad's in Seattle -- A&W Creme Soda, and Mountain Dew, the latter of which is delicious but has always been harsh on my stomach.

Nowadays, I mostly drink tea.  

On 7/1/2018 at 12:54 AM, KVELLER said:

Am I the only one who isn't able to find a difference between Coke and Pepsi? Not that I care, either way. EDIT: Just read that last line again and realised it sounds like "I don't care what you guys think" which isn't the case, far from it, actually. I just meant that I don't care if there's actually a difference between the two sodas.

Pepsi is a little bit sweeter, and Coke is just a bit more acidic. They both, like many sodas, add that damned phosphoric acid which rots your teeth and ironically dries your mouth out, making you more thirsty. Devious.

I used to like all kinds of soda when I was younger but they all taste too sweet to me now unless they are ice-cube'd (which makes them cold and watered down). The exception is real cane sugar soda which I guess is why everyone swears its better, somehow its not as sickly. However, I really like rum and cokes in the summer so my love of coke has continued on although now coke without being half-cut with rum tastes too sweet a lot, especially with fountains that are flat and mis-calibrated.

I moved over to sparkling and seltzer because honestly soda in the amounts I drank when I was younger is just bad for you. I really like Schweppes over all other similar brands (Seagrams/Canada Dry) because at least where I am, it seems to be bottled with a lot more carbonation. I never thought I'd be able to distinguish between blue-label grocery store seltzer brands but here we are. However in an effort to cut down on plastic waste I have switched to fresh direct brand sparkling water in glass bottles which I order by the case. I kind of miss seltzer though (versus sparkling) but it's really gross how much plastic I was throwing out (and drinking out of).

I care less about "flavours" and more about brands. Though I s'pose I could say I'm pretty fond of Cherry colas and very much not fond of grape sodas, except for Grape Ramune which actually isn't half bad.

I liked fanta but I haven't touched a soft drink for over a decade so I have no idea what they even taste like or feel like anymore.

Favorite: Pepsi, Coke & Dr Pepper

Least Favorite: Diet Soda, Ginger Ale

I have a addiction to soda that I'm trying to cut back on. I use to be addicted to cream soda when I was younger but I find it to be too sweet now. I try to limit myself to 2 cans a day.