Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyrusJazzberry

Custom HUD Face Sprite resolution restrictions?

Question

Hello! I'm working on my own Doom skin using sprites made from Gmod models, and I was wondering if HUD face sprites have a hard cap on resolution. I know the default face sprites are 24x30 or 24x31, can I go above that?

2 answers to this question

It depends.  Are you making this for a newer source port?  If so, I believe most of them can do that with SBARINFO.  If not, I'm pretty sure you technically can, but weird stuff happens when you do.  I suggest you try dicking around with this stuff: this would be easy enough to test by say, making a picture of a circle that's like 30x40, and trying to get it to take that.  You might even find a new trick there...

9 hours ago, RockstarRaccoon said:

It depends.  Are you making this for a newer source port?  If so, I believe most of them can do that with SBARINFO.  If not, I'm pretty sure you technically can, but weird stuff happens when you do.  I suggest you try dicking around with this stuff: this would be easy enough to test by say, making a picture of a circle that's like 30x40, and trying to get it to take that.  You might even find a new trick there...

Yeah, I'm using the latest GZDoom, I'll mess around for a bit to see what I can do. Thanks for replying!