Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Doom Wad Locations.

What are some things you'd like to see location wise in doom? or even aesthetically. For the most part, we see over and over space, earth hell on repeat. What would you like to see done different?

Personally I'd like to see a green forest. Some sort of scenario where the demons are just getting there and the place hasn't been taken over. IMO it'd feel very different from the constant Earth city stuff, might be a good change of pace.

20 hours ago, Michniko said:

Personally I'd like to see a green forest. Some sort of scenario where the demons are just getting there and the place hasn't been taken over. IMO it'd feel very different from the constant Earth city stuff, might be a good change of pace.

I remember one of the highlights of playing Khorus for me was seeing the level with the well done forest and meso-american architecture. Shame about that water-flow puzzle maze that came later and the gradual descent into slaughter.

Honestly I'd like to see other hell types rather than just the Phelegethos fire and brimstone and green hell fortress type. Some scary frozen places, swamps, sheer cliffs over the abyss, maddening tunnels with harsh angles and constant reflections, and so on. Its nice to see more creativity being applied to these places.

Underwater. I don't see many wads taking advantage of the aesthetic of the ocean. You could really make a beautiful mod with like a base underwater or hell, strip the base, give infinite air supply and swim to your hearts content!

Pirate Doom MAP44 was set underwater.

I'd like to see more natural areas that actually look natural, like Jaska's wad.

Some classical architecture would be really nice, too.

Forest, Jungle, jungle temple, Tree house or something like this, Dungeon, mall or market, train station and much more locations would be nice to see in wads but is can be tricky to make them good looking even in zdoom. 

On 6/30/2018 at 4:10 AM, MrGlide said:

What are some things you'd like to see location wise in doom? or even aesthetically. For the most part, we see over and over space, earth hell on repeat. What would you like to see done different?

Personally speaking, I'd like to see some of the locales that were used in Serious Sam TFE and TSE, such as:

Aztec / Maya

Persian

Outside of those games, maybe some levels in Classical China or Korea or even Australia.  

I'd like to see a remake of the River Adventure Ride at Rainforest Cafe, Galveston, TX. It was my favorite thing about that place when I was younger.

On 7/1/2018 at 2:47 PM, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Underwater. I don't see many wads taking advantage of the aesthetic of the ocean. You could really make a beautiful mod with like a base underwater or hell, strip the base, give infinite air supply and swim to your hearts content!

UNDERSEA.WAD?

I personally would like to see more jungle/forest maps, luckily do seem more popular nowadays!

Also I like the idea of underwater bases, it is probably something I will work on in the future. Heretics underwater city episode never really convinced me, I would like to try and better that for a start. 

I would like to see underwater bases complete with flooded areas, water flora and fauna in the "outside" areas, and acuatic style demons maybe cacojellyfishes and octomasterminds.

Also a heavenly theme, as in a paradise style taken from several religious depiction of paradises, not only abrahamanic style heaven.

Rural small towns as a more mundane theme.