Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellcat

That's one DUMB space marine (post your stupidest deaths)

^ Where's NeedHealth to answer for similar problems like this one.

One of mine a bit was forgetting to slaughter a Pain Elemental (after killing, 2?)... It got in an argument with a few imps and all I saw were lost souls.. suffice to say, no plasma or chaingun ammo weren't available to slowly pick them off..

In Map02 of The Plutonia Experiment, I kept accidentally shooting rockets at the wall that was right next to the cacos.

After successfully dodging a barrage of homing revenant missiles, I ran into a non-homing one.

The most recent stupid but funny death...

Spoiler

So what happened there? Well, I was busy annihilating the immense wave of Zombiemen (I love waves of Zombiemen, Imps, and Shotgun Guys btw, killing them is incredibly satisfying) but at the top of the red building on the right were a number of Revenants, from that position it's impossible to see their rockets coming, and I couldn't focus on both them and the Zombiemen. So after a rocket crashed on my head I accidentally hit the wall on the left with a rocket and died, oops :v .

GG.

Edited by Agent6

My REAL stupidest death was when I went into a pit of acid, but had to piss and forgot to press esc. I got back and said "Doomguy, why didn't you pause the shit for me"

death by acid.png

Trying to abuse death exits in MP to "save the day" ....that never works out well especially when you're everybody's last hope! :D

On July 4, 2018 at 2:02 PM, NoisyVelvet said:

Here's some death .gifs of mine.

Hide contents

aozdKHC.gif

OzO5EKR.gif

iPwFymY.gif

dXdttea.gif

jM0V0Hp.gif

These made my day. Mind telling what are the wads from the second and last gifs?

I have two more to add to this list. While, in a vacuum, they're not necessarily too bad, what makes them rather fitting for this thread was that these deaths occurred while testing of levels that I made.

• I designed a rather large room (with 3 zombies halfway across the room) that was next to another room with a window between them. I had been weakened by a Cacodemon that managed to get off two shots in the time it took me to switch from the SSG to chaingun. Still, I was so preoccupied with shooting the sergeants and imps in the next room through a window, that I forgot about the 3 zombies that were now behind me carefully taking aim. Next thing I knew, I was dead on the ground due to a bullet in the back. From a zombie that I forgot about. In my own map.
  • This was the situation: once you opened the door to a room, the chaingunner inside would attack and a monster closet in the hall behind you would open and a demon would come charging at you. I shot the chaingunner and then quickly turned around to face the demon that was charging at me. I took steps backward to give myself room to fight off the demon. The only problem is that I had forgotten about the walkover line that would quickly lower the wall of the room, revealing the mancubus in the next room. This is a mancubus that I had set to ambush (there was a way for sound to get into the room) and who was active and now looking at me. This is a mancubus who I was now standing very close to, but not facing. As I realized my mistake, I turned around right as the mancubus started to fire. The results were predictable. I even said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." Yeah. In my own map.

7 or 8 years old...playing E3M7 on SNES. The first time getting to the end... falling into one of the pits you can't get out of after the bridge is raised...

Got some more stupid deaths from today's first streaming session of D64. Just me after I forget how to deal with various traps thanks to not touching the game for a relatively long time.

I did not expect to die as often as I did until this point, the game surely showed no mercy this run. I still haven't completely got used to its movement and stuff, which isn't really possible at this time anyway since there's some technical issues with the latest stable version of the game (erratic mouse movement).

Still, that trap alone got me like 3 times or more lol. Well, at least it can't get worse than Hectic at this point, 2 rooms in that level utterly destroyed me.

Spoiler

On 8/5/2018 at 4:11 AM, SuperPCGamer said:

Stupidest death? One time I tried to hug a demon because they're so cute. This demon doesn't like hugs though

demon.gif

It likes to hug with its mouth.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:02 PM, NoisyVelvet said:

Here's some death .gifs of mine.

Hide contents

dXdttea.gif
jM0V0Hp.gif

What wads are those from? especially the ice one?

I tried to rocket jump into the secret exit on Mt. Erebus without factoring in the possibilities of Lost Soul and Cacodemon interference, I wasted the invuln fighting them off before promptly nuking myself on the wall.

36 minutes ago, StalkerZHS said:

What wads are those from? especially the ice one?

On 8/5/2018 at 11:33 PM, AsianMammoth said:

These made my day. Mind telling what are the wads from the second and last gifs?

1. insertion?
2. darken e1
3. dtwid
4. rush
5. esp (map29)

On 7/16/2018 at 11:11 AM, NaZa said:

how do you make those gifs?

playback demo in prboom+; pause demo; screen record; unpause and play segment; trim recording; upload to online gif service and process gif

>The Plutonia Experiment

>Abattoir

>Activate the enemies

>Grab invulnerability

>Start punching demons, forgetting I don't still have bezerk

>Get surrounded as invulnerability wears off

>Switch to rocket launcher and blow myself up

Got some more from today's session.

Well, I tried, but the partial invisibility does not work with Cyberdemons :v . It's its irony, it makes enemy projectiles much more unpredictable. But it was fun:

Got some more epic fails :v :

But hey, I had fun xdd. Although to be completely honestly I'm pretty sure I screwed up in that room, I doubt I was supposed to run out of rockets and plasma so soon. Should've probably relied more on infighting.

So this one time I was going into E1M5, right? Well, I had only 1% health left and forgot to check how much I had. Aaaaand as soon as I stepped in the acid I was dead.

This may not be my most stupid of deaths but in many occasions in my attempt to dodge projectiles ill end up jumping into projectiles that never were going to hit me in the first place.

That moment when an angry mob of Revenants is on your tail but all you have left are shotgun shells. Oops, somebody screwed up here.

Boi that did not go well, took a while before I could successfully lure them out of the final room so I could make my epic escape. I can almost hear the Revenant that punched me in the face saying Duke Nukem's "Get that crap outta here" line xdd.

E: Forgot about this other fail of mine. Didn't even have the time to react before the HK got me on that hallway, I turned around only to get a plasma to the face:

Well, like Brutality would put it, "These Walls Shall be Your Grave."

Edited by Agent6

>Be me

>First time playing Doom 2

>"Wow this is easy"

>Reach forth or fifth map

>Fall into toxic sludge

>Don't know you can press space to activate platforms

>Die

Retarded_Doom_Guy.png

Not stupid, but very interesting for sure: just recently, I killed an Archvile with the SSG and got killed by the archvile at the same time. I thought that maybe the archvile killed itself with its own splash damage, but then, wouldn't I die before I could shoot? Now I guess that maybe I shot the Archvile, the Archvile didn't even flinch, and about one tic later we both got blasted by the completed fire attack. Later that day, a similar but even more mysterious event occured - I killed a Hell Knight, and got killed by him at the same time... which would be a lot less weird if I wasn't in his melee range.

... and this one time, at Mount Erebus camp I decided to run through the whole map without saving just for the hell of it.

Predictably I rocket jumped into the blue box containing the secret level entrance but forgot to pick up the invulnerability. They had to scrape my remains from the walls.