Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aquila Chrysaetos

Share Your Demos

I didn't find a thread on which we can just share our demos, so I thought I'd make one.

We have a couple nice guys who like to record themselves playing our wads, and we have a Share Your Doom Video thread, but there's no thread just for demos.

So feel free to share demos of yourself playing your own maps, other peoples' maps, or your favorite IWAD maps.

Please specify what port, version, and complevel (if applicable) you used in your post.

I'll start:

Here is a demo of me playing through Pandemonium in Ultimate Doom.

I recorded it in Crispy Doom 5.2.

For those who are interested, but don't know how to make demos, here's what I do:

Download ZDL. You can get it here.

Set it up by adding your ports and IWADs under the Settings tab.

Select your port (PRBoom, Crispy, whatever), IWAD, and PWAD if you're playing one.

Under the "Extra command line arguments" field, type "-warp <map> -record <your demo>".

If you're recording the first map, you don't have to type "-warp <map>".

Replace the <map> with the map number in question, of course, and the <your demo> with what you want your demo to be named.

To end a demo, you can quit the game.

To watch demos using ZDL, type "-playdemo <demo>", where <demo> is the lmp file.

Happy recording! I look forward to seeing what you post here!

Nice thread.

Well, here are some demos by me from the current and past DW Ironman Leagues. All of them are recorded in either PrBoom+ or GlBoom+ 2.5.1.4. Enjoy the show:

Nice idea, but wouldn't this be more fitting in the speed demos forum? Maybe the name "Speed" demos scares non-speedrunners off :P

Enlighten me please.

This is for general demos, @Catpho. If you want to post speedrun demos, that's fine, but I put it here since there's a "Post Your Doom Picture" and "Post Your Doom Video" thread, but no such thing for demos specifically exists in Doom General.

It ain't much of an issue for me on where this is posted. Here's my FDA of MAP01 of Struggle (RC2 version). Recorded with prboom+ ver 2.5.1.4, complevel 2, skill 4:

strg01.zip

5 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I didn't find a thread on which we can just share our demos, so I thought I'd make one.

There's a thread in the Doom Speed Demos section that serves this exact purpose.

It was originally used for FDAs and other demonstration demos that couldn't be posted because before the site redesign, attachments were basically disabled except for the Doom Speed Demos forum. Once the update happened, the thread essentially became antiquated.

Hopefully now you know.

I've only recorded 8 demos so far, some UV maxes, speeds, and pacifist demos.  Out of those 8 only 3 haven't been beaten yet but I am sure they wouldn't be too difficult.  

My demos on DSDA.  

edit:  I've actually recorded two FDA's for Pavera, one of them being for The Ledge and the other for a yet to be released map.  I don't think I have those laying around anymore, unfortunately.

Thanks for letting me know, @Revved. Though, I think I'd rather keep this thread open, as well. It seems appropriate to have one in Doom General.

Also, I just recorded a couple for Jimmy's wad Griefless.

Griefless and Griefless E4M9.

Recorded with Crispy Doom 5.2, skill 4, using the RC2 version of the wad.

As I pointed out here, threads like these absolutely belong in the Demos forum:

It's just the Demos forum. The name change was a brain fart caused by an unfounded fear that people might think it was intended for demo versions of things otherwise. Never intended to exclude any kind of demos. See the first post of the "Welcome to the Demos forum" thread.

the place on Doomworld to discuss anything and everything related to recording and watching demos for Doom-engine games. In addition to discussing existing demos, demo styles, techniques, tools, compatibility, etc., this forum is also for users to post their own demos. ... We hope this will prove a lively forum, and be useful to everyone in the Doom Community with an interest in demos, ranging from newcomers recording for the first time, to experts looking to achieve near-optimized runs.

Actually, a major impetus for the Demos forum being started was a thread very similar to this one.

For some reason, I originally don't really want to post demos on "Doom Speed Demo" because my demos are not really "speed" (then I found out Catpho said that already). However, now I would suggest to do so, and I really recommend if you want to play seriously, or you really want to beat a map, record a demo. At least this gives me the evidence of beating a map. Of course I don't have to share them, but I feel better that I have something there rather than having only words of beating a map.

Of course, if you want to share, try not to use GZDoom, especially weird versions.

A ton of crap by me in Youtube video forms. (Some of my early demos are in GZDoom, and this makes me want to delete them lol)

im happy that people are posting demos that they wouldnt otherwise, but the Demos subforum is absolutely the place for these and Grazza is 100% correct.

if they are a 'playdemo', then they can go in the FDA thread. if theyre an actual run then they can go in one of the threads. post in there! join us!

17 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

join us!

Come play with us, Aquila, forever and ever and ever.

All work and no play makes Aquila a dull boy.

Consider this thread closed, then, I'll post my demos over there.