Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackMetalChainsaw

What do you listen to when you're playing Doom?

I have a variety of different stuff that I listen to while I play Doom. While I really enjoy the classic sounds of Doom.. there are some things that just fit perfectly with a certain mod or mapset.

Show me some cool stuff and tell me what you wad/ mod combinations you play with your music selection.

(screenshots would be awesome too)

I personally just put on youtube/bitchute videos talking about politics. Sort-of like background noise. For actual music? The Killers or Gorillaz.

Nothing, since I have the tendency to focus on whatever I'm listening instead of the actual game.

Usually whatever music the wad provides, unless it's really terrible, in which case my go-to is usually the PS1 Doom soundtrack. When I'm mapping, I tend to listen to hard rock, metal, or some ambient music.

i have a custom wad create for me, is the music of the wad is bad, i play one song of my custom wad.

Mostly ingame music. For mapping-metal, synthwawe and other game ost. 

I'm boring. I usually just leave the ingame music on. (Though vanilla Doom music can get a bit grating after a while, so if I'm playing that, I'm not above using a mod to swap it out for something else. The PS1 soundtrack's a personal favorite.)

Most of the time I listen to to the wad's OST. But when I want to listen to other music, I just boot Doom 1. Only tried listening to Yes this way and some playlist I had made with calm songs. It was a pretty good experience overall.

I have a modern mp3 doom music override wad thats always last in the load order for just in case I come across D_RUNNIN again.

Let me ask you this, do we really enjoy the music we listen to or are we just tricking ourselves into enjoying something because you want it to happen?

When I was growing up and got Doom 2 I'd listen to Hellbilly Deluxe on repeat. Those we're good times and both Doom 2 and Hellbilly Deluxe always kick up nostalgia for those times. Now I usually just leave on the midi tracks cause I'm getting old and boring :-|

one of the real joys of doom playing for me is the midi tracks so i only ever listen to them.

i think when ive been grinding a speedrun i sometimes put -nomusic and play my own stuff but even then i mostly prefer to just put -nomusic and concentrate on the game sounds

I like the idea of Doomguy listening to stand up and podcasts while going through countless demon infested worlds made with oblige lol. Like it's just boring, busy work for him. Every once in a while I throw in some weapon mods so he can have new stuff to play around with. Mostly he just finds comfort in listening to Marc Maron or Jim Gaffigan. Doom guy is also a huge fan of Norm Macdonald.

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm listening to a video from some content creator I like, other times I play the game without any background noise or music, in-game or otherwise. I'll also either listen to Aubrey Hodges work, or Nine Inch Nails.

ingame music, or if it's a large city map then i listen to Fallout 1 and 2 soundtracks, often the more somber tracks, like Desert Wind and City of Lost Angels.

I have two different playlists depending on what I am playing. I usually listen to dark synth when I am mapping and playing brutal doom BUT every once in a while I will blast some death and black metal.

They don't call me "black metal" chainsaw for nothing lol.

If I'm playing WADs that I am already familiar with, then I usually just mute my computer and watch Netflix on my TV. 

Nothing, just the music that's playing. 

I get tired of the Metal style MIDIs though and often replace them with a WAD that uses the ambient Aubrey Hodges music from the PSX version.