Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
therektafire

Phoenix Speedmusic Session 3- Zero Fawkes Given (Themes announced)

That's right, it's time again to make even more questionably bareable noise ;) Hopefully the beats will be as hot as the temperature outside of my house right now, it is about as hot as a phoenix where I live...

Well, I guess we will find out on saturday July 14 2018 which just so happens to be the date of the next session, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM US Central Standard Time (CST) as per usual. The rules are also the same as usual as well, you could just go to the other session threads to read up on them but if you are lazy like me you will want them here too so I'll reiterate them here since I'm nice like that:

*You will have 2 hours to write your song + a few minutes to submit it.

*You will get 3 themes to use when writing your song, you can use any number of the themes but You *have* to use at least 1.

*The song must be Boom compatible, so allowed formats are MID, MP3, OGG, MOD, XM, S3M, IT (and any other formats prboom+ might play that i cant think of right now). Tracked formats (.mid/.mod and similar) are preferred over sample ones like mp3 or ogg for size reasons but not required

*When you submit your song make sure you include some basic information like the track name, composition time, daw you used to make the song in, etc. You can submit tracks to either the Discord or on the thread itself, I personally would prefer if you put it in the thread though if possible. Or both places at once, that would be ok too.

If you want to talk about the sessions or other music related stuff make sure to join the Discord https://discord.gg/xNnHHGZ Also I am still hoping someone will eventually step up and volunteer their time to help host an earlier session for the people on the other side of the pond because, you know, time zones suck and what have you. If you are interested in doing that just ask :)

Edited by therektafire

Ok guys here are the themes for this session:

1 the song sounds like it is being played backsards

2 the song uses a max of 4 instruments

3 every note is used at least once (by "every note" i mean the standard piano range of notes from A0 to C8

Ok everybody, the time for writing and submitting is up. Unless someone submits something while I write this it looks like we only got 2 submissions this time one from me and from Jimmy :( But oh well 2 is greater than 0 so that's ok, better luck next time I guess.