Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FelixTheWolf

I'm new here to Doomworld, just saying hi!

I have been a fan of Doom for a while now, and I have been thinking about joining the forums. Sometimes for a hobby, I make maps to play in. Anyways, I'm new here, and I hope I have a nice experience in this community forum!

Dive in! RIP AND TEAR!

Looks like you're well prepared for the journey; you've already been gifted 3 soul spheres.

I hope it's not too rude to hijack Felix's thread, but I also just wanted to quickly say "hi" (without creating yet another thread). I am playing Doom since it's release, albeit with huge gaps in between. Yet, through all these years it hasn't lost its magic to me and I am just recently trying out a whole bunch of new mods and have my mind constantly blown (Putrefier, BTSX, SOTNR this crazy Hocus Pocus Mod, etc.).

I hope it's okay to hang out in here, even though I am not a mapper, musician, coder or anything like that. While I briefly and boisterously thought about trying out GZDoom Builder, I quickly discarded this idea. But who knows, maybe at one point, in my retirement or something.

Hello new people. You're joining us before Doom becomes cool again so kudos.

55 minutes ago, elend said:

I hope it's not too rude to hijack Felix's thread, but I also just wanted to quickly say "hi" (without creating yet another thread). I am playing Doom since it's release, albeit with huge gaps in between. Yet, through all these years it hasn't lost its magic to me and I am just recently trying out a whole bunch of new mods and have my mind constantly blown (Putrefier, BTSX, SOTNR this crazy Hocus Pocus Mod, etc.).

I hope it's okay to hang out in here, even though I am not a mapper, musician, coder or anything like that. While I briefly and boisterously thought about trying out GZDoom Builder, I quickly discarded this idea. But who knows, maybe at one point, in my retirement or something.

Also welcome. Don't forget to also check out the GZDoom Mods forum if you want more silly things to blow your mind. XD I highly recommend most of Pillowblaster, Hege Cactuses and Xaser's things, notably Trailblazer, Guncaster, Russian Overkill, Argent, Eriguns, Colourful Hell, Shades of Doom, and La Tailor Girl. But there's loads around there in general.

2 hours ago, eharper256 said:

Also welcome. Don't forget to also check out the GZDoom Mods forum if you want more silly things to blow your mind. XD I highly recommend most of Pillowblaster, Hege Cactuses and Xaser's things, notably Trailblazer, Guncaster, Russian Overkill, Argent, Eriguns, Colourful Hell, Shades of Doom, and La Tailor Girl. But there's loads around there in general.

Oh yes, I am well aware of those. Takes time to try out everything, but at the moment my favourite standard add-ons for my Doom experience are Smooth Doom, Quake Like Tilt (Tilt++ iirc) and Highres Doom Sounds. Weapon mods depend on what kind of map I want to play.