Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maser

Your Guilty Doom Pleasure

So what's your's?

Mine is when I'm low on ammo and I walk over a pile of dead hitscanners with a pile of guns on the ground and I love the sound of all the "clicking" as I pick them all up at once.  It's music to my ears! 

Pain Elementals.  I think they're awesome and I love using them in my maps.  I think they really mix up a fight and their inclusion is nothing but a good thing.

Fighting low-tier monsters like Former Humans, Imps, Demons/Spectres and Lost Souls, especially in large numbers. I find it really satisfying when the Chaingun and the Shotgun become really powerful again and using the Berserk pack on those monsters is always a joy.

Edited by Uni

• Mowing through tons of pistol/shotgun guys with the chaingun
  • Aiming well enough with the SSG that, while firing as quickly as possible, each shot connects
  • Getting the perfect BFG shot, when all the enemies are lined up perfectly in an arc around you
  • Leaping into an area where you have no place being, and emerging victorious
  • Finding a secret based on pure luck

...just to name a few...

Guilty pleasures? Don't have any of those, so I'll list some things I just enjoy in Doom.

1. Dropping into a large room in a Ribbiks map and coming out on top in the first try.
  2. Using the BFG and killing two full-health barons with one shot.
  3. Killing cyberdemons with the SSG.
  4. Discovering a clever secret.
  5. Successfully 'zerking a vile.
  6. Cherry tapping the mastermind.

Gunning Down Zombies and Imps with the pistol, Leading monsters Into a barrel trap, and mowing down Mid-tier monsters with the Plasma gun.

BFG-ing a single low-tier monster. This never ceases to amuse me for some reason.

Also SSGing people into teleporters in co-op, then telefragging them.

I'm a Satan.

Isn't there a very similar thread... I forgot the name, but they sound exactly the same.

> Berserk a Cyberdemon;

> Get a Spider Mastermind stuck and Chainsaw her;

> Use BFG to kill a bunch of Zombiemen;

> When you hit a group of Zombiemen with rocket, the one you hit didn't gib, but all those around him gib. (Thanks for 42. I don't know this before, and it's really satisfying.)

Killing a bunch of pinkies with BFG in Pr/GlBoom. Their death sound is very satisfying to me.

(They sound different in other sourceports)

making the health potion sprite orange and dehacking the message to You got Irn Bru

2-shotting cybs whenever possible,  else it's not perfect 

Zerk Punching barons because they're doors with health 

Overkill vs hapless low tier enemies, for glorious piles of gibs

Insisting on getting monsters to infight, and taking enough damage in the process that simply shooting then would have been more effective

38 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

i dont understand how you can have a guilty pleasure in doom

maybe h-doom?

How can you n-

nevermind

For me, booting up Evilution just to get the berserk pack on the first level and punching everyone.

Making custom palettes for Doom ♡

When shotgun hits right and instakills two or three low tier enemies. 

Choosing right track for the map. 

Manipulating Doom gameplay and programming quirks to dominate in battle. I know it's cheap, but it feels so good. 

sometimes i make a map where its just one big room with startan textures, a bfg and 1000 energy cell packs and like 3000 imps then play it
then i forget about making the map and i do it again

11 hours ago, Dragonsbrethren said:

Dropping a bunch of low tier enemies with a single SSG blast. I've designed multiple levels around this gameplay and it never gets old for me.

Also low tier enemies clustered helpless around barrels. It provides absolutely no challenge but damn can it be fun!

Two shotting cybers; it's easy and consistent fun.  The hardest part is dealing with the space being too small or obstacles to get stuck on/take splash from.

Gibbing weak enemies with the rocket launcher, punching Hell Knights, and SSGing Cyberdemons and Masterminds I guess.

Delicious carnage :3 .

1) Whenever you've made a new enemy, "testing" it by summoning a friendly one against various enemies, then beating whatever level I'm testing in that way.

2) Going back over my own maps. Most of them just don't age badly, for me.

guilty pleasure

noun

noun: guilty pleasure; plural noun: guilty pleasures

something, such as a film, television programme, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.

a lot of these posts are just "things i enjoy in doom"

not directed at you Phobus, yours both fit