Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maser

Your Guilty Doom Pleasure

When I want to relax I run gzdoom with a crazy gameplay mod (like Russian Overkill), with a hard skill level, I open the console and I write:

- dmflags 2048

- god2 

- give weapons

and then kill every demon I encounter with all the possible weapons

after that, sometimes, I take my bike and I do 40 kilometers in the middle of nowhere :)

Playing with sv_unlimitedpickup on so that I don't have to worry about dodging ammo pickup when already near-full, or about backtracking to where I had left some when near-empty, and can instead just vacuum everything as I go. Accumulating this way several thousands of each ammo type by the end of a megawad playthrough.

Luring monsters all across a level to a crusher. Trying to get rid of every monster this way instead of shooting them.

Luring big-corpse monsters such as cacodemons in doorways or other places where they'll get squished so that their corpses don't obstruct the view.

52 minutes ago, Gez said:

Playing with sv_unlimitedpickup on so that I don't have to worry about dodging ammo pickup when already near-full, or about backtracking to where I had left some when near-empty, and can instead just vacuum everything as I go. Accumulating this way several thousands of each ammo type by the end of a megawad playthrough.

Don't know if it still works as it's a couple years old but there's a mod to solve this 

Using the shotgun as a sniper rifle and using it to take down enemies that would easily go down with something else. I just love using that thing even if it gets me killed at times. Sure I do swap my weapons around, but I like to try.

I wouldn't say guilty pleasures but...

=Using the Super Shotgun only once I get it, killing everything on my path and ignoring the strongest monsters, I can literally just go and kill a Cyberdemon with SSG instead of using the Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, BFG9000 or any other powerful weapons.

=On mods with high mobility, evading, speedrunning and doing parkour.

=On Vanilla Doom, just parkour, I love evading and all that.

=If there is a mod where I can deflect projectiles, that's something I love too.

=Using the Berserk Pack while listening to "Fierce Battle" from SMT III and one-punching all enemies.

=Just playing.

Only using the single shotgun instead of the super shotgun because it's more interesting to look at.

Hitting the exit switch and getting scored 100% kills, 0% secrets on any custom wad. I refuse to wall-hump.

It's extremely satisfying to one-shot pinkies with the SSG, I could do it all day long and never get bored of it.