Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyrez

New mega-wad Project

Hello, i have been away from the doom comunity for quite some time now as i have been busy with other projects :/ however i am back now and am working on a new megawad titled "Area 51 Coverup" this wad takes place in the not so far away future. the basic story is not complete yet however i will post it as soon as its to my likeing :)

i will give you a hint i got this wad idea after watching Resident Evil and playing Code Veronica X :)

ok now to post what i'm looking for.
i am looking for anyone who is interested in working on this wad with me all areas are availableand i could realy use the help as this is my first public wad so i am not as experianced as some of you all are :)this wad will be for the newest ZdooM port to take advantage of some of it's new features.

well thats about it for now, if your interested post here or drop me an e-mail at cyrez@prodigy.net

Chears :)

Better take a look around the web, in the forums, hosted sites and the such. You'll find their are many "projects" going on right now and alot of people are already heavily involved in these things. If you can find the people then more power to you and good luck. Even at TeamTNT we find that "real life" and many other issues tend to get in the way of completing a project. Being the leader or coordinator of these projects can be a daunting task, just ask around. If you're really serious about investing the time and being dedicated to keeping the project going then go for it. Good luck to you.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Thanks Cadman for the advice :) but i am very serious about this. i started the idea about a year ago but as you said real life and other projects got in the way :/ however i have a host of new idea's and a theme to base them off of. so this time it is getting done. one way or another :P

I am personally a little bit busy with our own megawad to offer you help unfortunatly, but I do wish you lots of luck with it and I will look forward to the finished result because it sounds like it is going to be excellent, btw, brilliant idea with the whole resi-evil theme!

Thank you. My plan is to start out at the beginning of resident evil at the mansion. And then the rest of the levels will be working your way through the hive. I believe the plan is sound however I’m having to watch the movie several times to get certain details correct :)

Sounds good. You should work on it by yourself for a while first, and then after you have done a few maps you should make a website about it and then show it off and see if anyone will join then.

will have some screenshots of map01 latter tonight. the screens will show the mansion and sarounding area :)

Yes i have, it's comming along very slow though as i'm trying to get it as close in detail as i posably can :)

however i have reached an impass :/ the movie shows a very limited amount of the mansion so i'm thinking of useing the design from the game instead.

your opinions on this would be great.

Yeah looks good, but of course it`s only the beginning of the beginning (of the beginning). Megawads can take forever to finish so looking for assistance is a clever move. I agree with mmnpsrsoskl:

You should work on it by yourself for a while first, and then after you have done a few maps you should make a website about it and then show it off and see if anyone will join then.

You`ve got the site, now you`ll need some levels.

As for the site:
You STOLE the 000111001...etc-background from Scientists new site ( scientist.2ya.com ), didn`t you!!! Confess, Confess!!! The poor guy must have spend hours if not days trying to get the right balance between 0`s and 1`s and you just ripped it! You should be very ashamed of yourself!
;-D