Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Making a transparent SECTOR

Question

Posted (edited)

Starting off with a mini-rant: I did this before dammit. I know its possible. I had the old .wad on a hard drive, but I then deleted it, like an idiot, thinking I wouldn't ever need it again. URGH!

So basically, I need to have a sector (SHAWN2 on all sides) that will be transparent. I'm going to upload the file and I've commented on the sector I need to be clear. Please, someone who knows how to do this take a look at it please.

By the way I am mapping for GZDoom in UDMF, since I know that matters.

DeathmatchExample.7z

5 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I downloaded the 7z, and it is 1KB and empty. I tried downloading it again with the same results.

Did you want translucent lines on the edges of the sector, or a translucent 3D floor?

Translucent 3d floor. THAT'S HOW I DID IT! THANK YOU!

I'll try to puzzle that out on my own and I'll come back here if I have issues. Thanks anyways!

Translucent 3d floor. THAT'S HOW I DID IT! THANK YOU!

I'll try to puzzle that out on my own and I'll come back here if I have issues. Thanks anyways!

I think what you are asking is simply a translucent 3D floor right? If so all you have to do is make a standard 3D floor with action 160 and then set the opacity to around 80-100. That usually looks pretty good for translucency.